[RUMOR] Spyro The Dragon Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 later this year!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skylandersacademy_season_2_cynder_spyro_1_by_giuseppedirosso-dbpqp2m-620x349.jpg

According to multiple sources, it's been stated that Activision is working on a trilogy remaster due to the success of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy Remaster. The game has been reported to have a it will have a timed exclusive on Playstation 4 for one year before going to any other platform, an official announcement should be in March and will be out in the third quarter of 2018. The collection will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon and is handled by the same team as the Crash Trilogy.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they gonna max out the difficulty making an nearly imposdible game to beat even more rediculously hard? F that shit. Like giving a starving person a drop of ice cream. Wtf is wrong with this group of devs? They ruined crash n now want to do the same to spyro!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So they gonna max out the difficulty making an nearly imposdible game to beat even more rediculously hard? F that shit. Like giving a starving person a drop of ice cream. Wtf is wrong with this group of devs? They ruined crash n now want to do the same to spyro!
Oh shut up. Games these days are WAY too easy. With all of the damned hold handing. A difficulty increase would be great.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would instantly buy it if it's real.
I never had a copy of any Spyro game (does Spyro Orange/Fusion count?), but I always played the hidden Spyro demos on the Crash Bandicoot games

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What the heck are you even talking about ?

Reactions: chavosaur

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is more about preserving the difficulty. If a game wants to be difficult, then that what it should be known for in the beginning. A game that starts out a specific way, then decides to revisit or port or even localize and changes difficulty is probably the more common things people probably dislike. For example if super mario suddenly got harder (for example, mario maker super expert quality) then it would be a huge problem to people who didn't expect that who are originally fans of it. Difficulty change with localization was a huge deal in the past but some people can take it a bit too far. Is better to just make a new game if the intention is challenge, not use a more common one, unless is optionally implemented (Extra difficulty levels not in the original, option settings, etc.)

Reactions: chartube12

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shut up. Games these days are WAY too easy. With all of the damned hold handing. A difficulty increase would be great.

No it wouldnt be. difficult games are pointless and ruin the fun. I want to play video games, not have video games play me. if you want something hard, there is mario galaxy 1/2, dark souls n jax and dexter. They need to leave spyro alone!

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nearly impossible? those games were easy as all hell i beat them all when i was a child lol

Reactions: Bladexdsl and BORTZ

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is more about preserving the difficulty. If a game wants to be difficult, then that what it should be known for in the beginning. A game that starts out a specific way, then decides to revisit or port or even localize and changes difficulty is probably the more common things people probably dislike. For example if super mario suddenly got harder (for example, mario maker super expert quality) then it would be a huge problem to people who didn't expect that who are originally fans of it. Difficulty change with localization was a huge deal in the past but some people can take it a bit too far. Is better to just make a new game if the intention is challenge, not use a more common one, unless is optionally implemented (Extra difficulty levels not in the original, option settings, etc.)

This

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is the reason why handholding is so rampant, players cant do anything without being told where exactly to go, who to talk to with the exact location on the map.
Died a few times? okay you are now invincible, have fun I guess

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, looking past that difficulty comment..I'd be happy if this was true. I played those games to hell, mainly 1 and 2. I didn't really like 3. It was alright but it was a bit goofy compared to the first game, which was dark and spooky at times. Like that level where those weird glob monsters run at you at top speed and shit. Bastards were scary. I played it on a emulator recently and got a bit scared still. :O

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes please! And ps4 exclusive for a year? Holy moly! Gimme some old spyro models too, the new one isnt... that bad but eh, the old has its own charm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii