[RUMOR] Resident Evil 7 to be announced at this year's E3?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
4 was crap tho, 123 ReRemake CV & 0 is real survival horror.
4 was a fantastic game and 5 went the same route, but it failed to up the ante in any way and as such it will forever be remembered as a meh/bad kind of game.

I hear you man :3 i love classic camera... (i'm expecting to be stoned now for saying that :P )
Not necessarily. I'd like them too as long as the perspective would be used to create a cinematic feel, for example during exposition dialogue or puzzle-solving, however at the same time it cannot interfere with the action. There was nothing more annoying than shooting a zombie that you can't see or getting knocked into a different screen in RE games with fixed camera angles.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
4 was a fantastic game and 5 went the same route, but it failed to up the ante in any way and as such it will forever be remembered as a meh/bad kind of game.

i agree. 4 is a great game in my opinion also! "playing" 5 i just couldnt get into the game..tons of "zombies" action like CoD shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot like bullets cost nothing...
Not necessarily. I'd like them too as long as the perspective would be used to create a cinematic feel, for example during exposition dialogue or puzzle-solving, however at the same time it cannot interfere with the action. There was nothing more annoying than shooting a zombie that you can't see or getting knocked into a different screen in RE games with fixed camera angles.

haha as a kid those things didnt bothered me, so i dont remember but yeah, youre right about that :)

Games are work of art, not just a number :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i agree. 4 is a great game in my opinion also! "playing" 5 i just couldnt get into the game..tons of "zombies" action like CoD shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot like bullets cost nothing...
I feel that Resident Evil 5 was made with co-op in mind and that's exactly where it shines. It's not the same kind of game as the other, darker Resident Evil titles that are cleanly cut horror games.
haha as a kid those things didnt bothered me, so i dont remember but yeah, youre right about that :) Games are work of art, not just a number :P
The perspective didn't bother me as a kid either, but that's because I didn't know any better. Nowadays technology allows for better solutions than a consistently fixed camera and I think that when the game necessitates precision, the camera has to work in the player's favor and switch to over-the-shoulder or first person, depending on the player's preference.

And yes, games are more than just numbers, which is why I'm more concerned about the substance than the title, with or without a number or sub-title. :P

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I feel that Resident Evil 5 was made with co-op in mind and that's exactly where it shines. It's not the same kind of game as the other, darker Resident Evil titles that are cleanly cut horror games.

i hawe nothing against co-op..as long as it does not interfer into a regular game.
its like you can tell me what should i wear, but not tell me who i am.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only horrifyingly terrible thing about Resident Evil 5 is that if you try to play almost anything in the game Solo on the hardest difficulty, Sheva is going to get your shit wrecked. She is the absolute worst AI I have EVER experienced in a game. She ran blatantly in front of enemies, she wasted ammo so you couldnt have her carry anything, she got stuck in places all the time, and was just a goddamn nightmare of an AI character.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like someone already pointed out, 5 biggest downfall was the fact that it included useless AI partner.

That combined with the fact that it is too linear, takes away any horror element.

Reactions: chavosaur

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RE franchise needs to die or at least, a reboot. resident evil 4,5,6 are just meh. I prefer the classics.

lol... you guys honestly believe that a reboot would mean a return to the terrible re1-3 gameplay???

they went away from that because it doesnt sell well. fair and simple. the classics, while somewhat more pressuring due to limited ammo, bad controls and bad camera angles and were thus, harder and somewhat more scary, dont sell well enough. not that it wasnt interesting for a bit, but other than that. it didnt make for good gameplay.

a reboot would most likely start the whole thing off as an ego shooter

256px-Dead_Rising_3_Cover_Art.jpg

Dude.

sometimes, it takes capcom a few months to turn an exclusive into a non-exclusive

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was never a fan of the RE series (not because of the gameplay mechanics, just the initial experience of seeing a giant monster crash through the ceiling and chase after you and even coming through doors for you), however, I always get excited for the announcement of a new iteration in the franchise. One thing that I find will NOT work for this series is if you were to make it an exclusive, not this late in the series, but I do understand that they are low on resources. I just hope that they truly returned to what made the series the success it was.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No argument with most of what you said. However didn't we see Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City?

and seeing how its not even sold as many units as the oh so hated re 6, you can still expect them to try and hop into the much more lucrative ego shooter market

on the other hand, revelations, which is, apart from the zombies, probably the closest to a modernized classic resident evil, even if you count the 3ds and remakes together, didnt even sell half of operation racoon city.

from a sales point of view, classicish RE and somewhat new idea resident evil dont even compare to terrible resident evil in sales numbers. so why would a reboot of the series go the survivalistish way, or the weird coop way?

the best thing a reboot could do is give us back normal zombies instead of basically intelligent mutant soldiers with slightly rotten skin

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we REALLY going into the debate that RE games suck because they don't follow a standard that ended 14 years ago? Really guys? Really?
Is the same debate where people burnt Metroid Other M down because they DARED to get back to the SNES roots?
While you guys fight about what RE had the best gameplay I am going to grab some pop-corn. This is going to be hysterically comical. Meanwhile, I want a RE7 release date pls.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are we REALLY going into the debate that RE games suck because they don't follow a standard that ended 14 years ago? Really guys? Really?
Is the same debate where people burnt Metroid Other M down because they DARED to get back to the SNES roots?
While you guys fight about what RE had the best gameplay I am going to grab some pop-corn. This is going to be hysterically comical. Meanwhile, I want a RE7 release date pls.

Having not played Other M I can not speak so much but it was not going to SNES roots that did it in but the lousy voice acting, sub par character development (though it might be possible to explain that) the illogical story progression and a minor dash of controls. Going further people loved the GBA series, unlike pokemon the games represented no great trouble for flash carts or emulators so I can not say how popular from that angle but they hardly went unsung.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan

Other M was (and every Metroid game) isnothing like RE games these days. Every single metroid game has it's soul and know what it is, regardless... (except hunters...we don't say it's name..) and these new RE games simply dont.

i liked other M and it's cinematics, story etc... different, yes, but still a metroid game in its core..you can just feel it. (i hate prime hunters :3)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol @ everyone wanted Resident Evil to go back to it's classic "monster" roots. ahhaha. sorry folks. that died with the cancelled beta of Biohazard 4. seen here (keep in mind this was an unfinished beta)

Lots of the classic RE elements would have been in it. There would have been a paranormal aspect to it as well including the subject of spiritual possession. But it was scrapped the "survival horror" aspect of the franchise was abandoned and since 5 it's become a shitty 3rd person"kill anything that moves" mindless shooter. Sorry folks, but that resident evil is never coming back. Deal with it or don't buy the game and support the IP. As I won't.

oh...also As this being a Xbone exclusive *chortles and snickers to himself*...Dead Rising 3 being only on the one really helped MS outsell the PS4's launch figures right?

Resident Evil 6 in a nutshell: VVV
When you start to play Resident Evil 6
YOU HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!
To punch or to shoot or to jump or to kick
YOU HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!

I’m screaming at Leon because he’s so thick
His spatial awareness is that of a brick
The camera keeps jerking it’s making me sick
SO HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!!

What’s with these controls are they taking the Mick?
NO HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!!
Just give me some options, a tactic to pick!
NO HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!!!

These damn QTEs happen too bloody quick
I’m tired of shaking the analogue stick
IF THE CAMERA KEEPS JERKING I’M GONNA BE SICK!!!
SO HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!!!
HAMMER THE BUTTONS AND WIGGLE THE STICKS!!!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shitty writing, shitty voice-acting, "I, Spy" pixel hunt puzzles, painfully linear level design, using a d-pad for 3D movement, and awkward first-person implementation count as SNES roots now?

D

Dork

More like a spit in the face to the SNES roots. They a turned fantastic free-roaming adventure game into boring linear trash with a broken story.
Shitty writing, shitty voice-acting, "I, Spy" pixel hunt puzzles, painfully linear level design, using a d-pad for 3D movement, and awkward first-person implementation count as SNES roots now?
the baby

On topic, I don't have high hopes for this game. Revelations was pretty good though, so there is a chance, albeit little.

Reactions: Gahars

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol people complaining about the latest resident evil series... horror died when 5 came out . Shooters died when COD BO came out it's the truth. Those were the two biggest genre aside from fighting now it's RPG turn, and guess what? That's the only genre that hasn't fucked up (aside fighting) with a series or standalone. Game developers focus nowadays on polishing the hell out of a game instead of feeling in the original elements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated