da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
two touch screens? that's stupid. my ideal design would be one very large touch screen (sorta like a itouch/psp combo). best example of this is a design concept called dt. its the best concept out there imo

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think they will make a new DS, but not like a successor. Like how some cars get a "Freshening"and get a better interior and new body panels. The next DS will either be:

1: Smaller
2:Brighter
3:Rounder.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:
I think they will make a new DS, but not like a successor. Like how some cars get a "Freshening"and get a better interior and new body panels. The next DS will either be:

So, like, phat and lite, just.... liter? Yeah, probably. Don't see any "sucessor" coming any time soon. No need, they've got profit, why bothering.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:

The size of lite is pretty good but, the smaller it gets the easier it might break.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:

please not smaller. I dont have the biggest hands and even I dont have alot of space.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just shove this with all the other fake DS's models and all the so called "rumered" E3 new DS that was gonna be announced

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

PSP-1000(phat)
DS "Phat"
PSP-2000(Slim/"Lite")
DS "Lite"
PSP-3000"Brite"(SP?)

Oh no, a DS Brite!
tongue.gif

The DS is doing good, Nintendo just has to stop licensing shit like Petz or Imagine. I mean, take the game, go to Ubisoft, throw it in their face, and say, "THIS SUCKS!!!"

I see no reason to make a new one. I don't want to have to convince my parents(I don't earn a lot of money from working, just a bit) to buy me one.

And don't go super widescreen like the PSP. It looks l

(I thought he DS was sort of widescreen already, I mean, SNES emulators show up all funny if you don't change the options, and then they are squashed strange.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
The article doesn't even use that image at all.

I do reckon we could be in for a follow up next year, I'd doubt we'd see it announced until after May and we won't even see it released for a year. The reason for me thinking that there will be a new handheld is mainly due to the lack of games Nintendo themselves are doing for the DS. Here are the ones we know are coming out:

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Rhythm Heaven
DS Air (listing from May confirms that its still coming out)
Make 10: A Journey of Numbers
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
ASH
Hercules (only a listing is confirmed for Europe)
Pokemon Platinum Version
Kousoku Card Battle Card Hero

Which of them are first party titles? None of them. We know that they are starting on NSMB2. So either A. Nintendo don't think it needs any more games to sell the DS or B. They're keeping them for the follow up.
You totally left out Fire Emblem which is first party.

Also I agree wich some of the people here that 2 touch screens would be pretty pointless and also would like to say to those believing these rumors at all that Nintendo is known to keep things under wraps ridiculously well.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Ferrariman said:

please not smaller. I dont have the biggest hands and even I dont have alot of space.
Then dont buy it, problem solved

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ENDscape said:
Ferrariman said:

The size of lite is pretty good but, the smaller it gets the easier it might break.
Then...be careful?
It won't be any more fragile than a cell phone. Nintendo has never released a handheld that's easily breakable, why would they do that now?
Look at how small the GB Micro is, and sturdy, too. I seriously don't see what the problem is.
unsure.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vater Unser said:
Then...be careful?
It won't be any more fragile than a cell phone. Nintendo has never released a handheld that's easily breakable, why would they do that now?
Look at how small the GB Micro is, and sturdy, too. I seriously don't see what the problem is.
unsure.gif
Yes, If nintendo makes a sturdy hinge (Like on those slim-phones) I would have no problems.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key point is right there in the thread title......rumor.......

I don't believe squat from the Nintendo realm until Nintendo themselves says so.

Other than the piracy factor, there is no reason for Ninty to release a new system. They get away with casual noob crap on the current underpowered systems (DS and Wii), why upgrade 'em?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it has a collapsible analogue stick instead of the ass D pad thing this time.

Oh, and it better make good coffee too
lecture.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Rayder said:
The key point is right there in the thread title......rumor.......

I don't believe squat from the Nintendo realm until Nintendo themselves says so.

Other than the piracy factor, there is no reason for Ninty to release a new system. They get away with casual noob crap on the current underpowered systems (DS and Wii), why upgrade 'em?

Nintendo has reasons to release a new redesign of the DS.. besides piracy, the DS sales have been stale in Japan for some time now. I just don't see what they could improve from the DS Lite..
sleep.gif

As for a new system, I really don't see the point right now.. and Nintendo always announce a new system years before releasing it. Also, with the Wii, they proved that innovating and going for something different pays off, so I don't think they'll just enlarge the screens and add touch to the second one, Nintendo will try something new again, hard to predict what
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1