Hacking Rominator for NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

x7iBiT

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, sorry for not seeing that. But 102 pages, that's alot to read on a forum. Anyways, thanks for answering. I will be patient. Oh, and I don't know if he already covered this, but the windows zip is empty, maybe my download is corrupted, I don't know. Once again thanks for replying. And, Hank, that looks like a very nice app. Will be sure to try it out ASAP.

-- TechForumz

The last version working on Linux was 4.1
Try it
wink.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, sorry for not seeing that. But 102 pages, that's alot to read on a forum. Anyways, thanks for answering. I will be patient. Oh, and I don't know if he already covered this, but the windows zip is empty, maybe my download is corrupted, I don't know. Once again thanks for replying. And, Hank, that looks like a very nice app. Will be sure to try it out ASAP.

-- TechForumz

Try re-downloading the Windows ZIP. I downloaded it here and it includes all the files
smile.gif

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I would redownload the winzip, but I don't really care about the windows version. Wine kind of sucks. I mean it's better than nothing, but considering that most programs these days use DirectX, I can't do much with it. I will try to download Linux v4.1, where can I find it though?

x7iBiT

Trophies
XP
Country

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I would redownload the winzip, but I don't really care about the windows version. Wine kind of sucks. I mean it's better than nothing, but considering that most programs these days use DirectX, I can't do much with it. I will try to download Linux v4.1, where can I find it though?

I uploaded the binary here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2j4olytfn9x

happy.gif

Nice !!! Thank you. I had lost the binary of this version and thought it was not compatible with the romdat updates anymore.
But it still is!

In this version, there is the annoying bug that doesn't let Rominator read the right available space on my flash card (and then prevent me from using the trimming function) but it can list/rename my roms on Linux.

Hank, we (Linux users) hope you'll get an answer soon from the RealBasic team....

Regards,
Typhoe

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to everyone who submitted the first survey,

If I could get everyone to take the 2nd one, this is one now based on the same features, but what YOU use in Rominator. This one will really help me narrow down what features are to keep, and what are to be removed.

http://www.jotform.com/form/80335222048

Thanks to you all for helping to make Rominator so great!

--Henry

forza11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
search function is down and really dont feel like browsing for hours so here we go.

I tried to rename a batch of games (approx. 200) and the app crashed. Next thing I know all games have mixed up filenames, when i try to restore names i keep getting errors that the filename already exist. I started restoring filenames game per game but i just noticed it keeps messing up (giving wrong names to games)

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

I run the V5.3.2 on Vista.

btw. Thanks a lot for your app, other then my renaming issue its a perfect app!

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forza11 never had that issue, sorry.

As for the program, it is working great. Some features I think would be great are GBA support (I cannot for the life of me get a good renamer anymore since GBA Renamer went under and I stopped collecting). Also, the ability to rename the actual nds file would be great (inside the zip as well as the zip). Also, not sure as I have not tried this yet, but will the renamer identify and rename trimmed files?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

As for the program, it is working great. Some features I think would be great are GBA support (I cannot for the life of me get a good renamer anymore since GBA Renamer went under and I stopped collecting). Also, the ability to rename the actual nds file would be great (inside the zip as well as the zip). Also, not sure as I have not tried this yet, but will the renamer identify and rename trimmed files?

I haven't had this issue either, but a couple of people have, so it is a valid problem. However, I am recoding Rominator to be a lot more reliable, so it should eliminate those issues. As for renaming trimmed roms -- Yep, Rominator does this! Instead of renaming based on game CRC, it is determined by header, game code, and rom version, since it is a unique result for EVERY game, and makes renaming trimmed games a possibility
smile.gif

Some things you might be happy to know are:
• Rominator will support GBA in the next release
• Renaming the actual NDS file (or GBA file) inside the zip will be an option too

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

As for the program, it is working great.  Some features I think would be great are GBA support (I cannot for the life of me get a good renamer anymore since GBA Renamer went under and I stopped collecting).  Also, the ability to rename the actual nds file would be great (inside the zip as well as the zip).  Also, not sure as I have not tried this yet, but will the renamer identify and rename trimmed files?

Henry IS working on GBA support, you can see the teaser posted a while back.
tongue.gif

I don't know about the renaming support, sorry.

EDIT: Henry beat me to it
tongue.gif

forza11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the renaming issues:

I noticed I had a few roms double or more in my folder. When trying to rename a file that already excists it while doing a batch it will mess up and rename files randomly.

Dont know if this info is of any use to you, but this is when it happens.

thanks!

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would love to see renaming of the NDS file within the ZIP. Extract > Rename > Compress. I think this is the reason why Rominator bugs out for me when I drag and drop to my card, because the name of the NDS inside the ZIP, does not match the name of the ZIP.

Asmol

Trophies
XP
Country
Love the program been looking for something like this for ages.

Anyone else having problems with the last database update the one that adds suport to DS game 1994.
For me i get error code 1074 every time i try and download the update.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Love the program been looking for something like this for ages.

Anyone else having problems with the last database update the one that adds suport to DS game 1994.
For me i get error code 1074Â every time i try and download the update.

Seems to be hit and miss, about 20% of the people who update get this problem, and the others don't. I for one, don't
tongue.gif

No worries though, I am currently working on a recoded version which is taking some time, but in the long run will turn out 10x better than this current one
smile.gif

Stay Tuned!
--Henry

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just used Rominator to verify and rename all my roms. Everything's a lot more organized now. There were a few hitches here and there though.

The program does tend to freak out with duplicate roms. Even if I delete the extra files I still had to relaunch the program and refresh the list multiple times for the list to be correct.

Also, right now my last rom is #2002 - Professor Layton. For some reason, Rominator keeps displaying the Castlevania DoS icon for it. The rom is identified and validated fine though, so I don't know what the issue could be.

Great program overall though.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just used Rominator to verify and rename all my roms. Everything's a lot more organized now. There were a few hitches here and there though.Â

The program does tend to freak out with duplicate roms. Even if I delete the extra files I still had to relaunch the program and refresh the list multiple times for the list to be correct.

Also, right now my last rom is #2002 - Professor Layton. For some reason, Rominator keeps displaying the Castlevania DoS icon for it. The rom is identified and validated fine though, so I don't know what the issue could be.

Great program overall though.

Try readding the game into Rominator.

capcappie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feature request:

Include the internal name in the list of options for renaming.
(And/or the cartridge code)
It makes it really easy to sort out region dupes, since they don't always have the same title ...

Many many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1