Hacking Rominator for NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone told you yet but in the Box Art manager, you got 0613 and 0614 out of order and which makes it maybe more of a coding error or database error I would think than a logic bug.

My version I got is 5.3.2.2203

000015.png

000016.png

000017.png

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
CheatingSoi said:
Boxart, game incons and game info does not show up for me. What am I doing wrong?
Same thing happened to me like a page back. Remove all your roms and drag them back in.

Or make sure you run 'Check for Updates' and actually download the DS database before adding any games in
wink.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
leavemealone347 said:
I know of a ROM that does not have database info yet.

Here it is

XXXX - Game And Watch Collection (JP)

I ask you to not tell me what is missing, if it is, I've already been over it several times.

The XXXX games are all Club Nintendo games and not supported by Rominator.

Thanks.
Hey I don't mean to bug you but is there a way I could put my own info in this game? That way it wouldn't look so out of place in the file browser. Like set it in the database on my local computer.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
hankchill said:
leavemealone347 said:

Here it is

I ask you to not tell me what is missing, if it is, I've already been over it several times.

Thanks.
Hey I don't mean to bug you but is there a way I could put my own info in this game? That way it wouldn't look so out of place in the file browser. Like set it in the database on my local computer.

Of course you can, you can use an SQL Database Editor like SQLite or so, but once you update the database, your changes will be gone... Not very fun, but really do you *need* to manage the Club Nintendo games
wink.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
leavemealone347 said:
hankchill said:
leavemealone347 said:

Here it is

Thanks.

Of course you can, you can use an SQL Database Editor like SQLite or so, but once you update the database, your changes will be gone... Not very fun, but really do you *need* to manage the Club Nintendo games
wink.gif
lol no not really. I don't even know of any other Club Nintendo games other than the Game and Watch one.

Also I just had a cool idea pop into my head that would be nice (even though I know its probably been said before). It would be cool if in the Library there could be a check next to the ROMS that are currently on your MicroSD. That way you could easy see what you have or dont have! I know your in the middle of a version right now though so it may be too late.

harrypotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Hankschill,

Thanks for the great app, my children really love it.

I'm not sure if anyone suggested this I'm sorry if already happened, but I wonder if the library can be splitted into multiple folders.

Currently, I have a large folder with over 20Gb of trimmed roms to use with Rominator but I wonder if I can divide this big library into multiple directories (e.g. NDS01,NDS02.... so on... ), at the moment in the current version of Rominator when adding the library there is only ONE folder we can select as library. I think the idea is to have the library added the same way as the "cards" added to Rominator.

Cheers,

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the central preferences are annoying when you want to manage several slot one devices with different folders and different sets of roms. why would you want this? say that you have several kids with thier own tastes, like one likes pokemon stuff and another likes other things and so forth and they all don't want to sift through other junk to get to thier things.

the reload button doesn't show up for any other list but the main library. is that a bug, seems like it?

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using rominator with a card reader, and I discovered that it freaks out when the card isn't inserted into the card reader. The "Please Insert Disk" dialog won't go away until you put the card in.

Is this a known problem?

21awf2b.jpg

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
krazykirk said:
I'm using rominator with a card reader, and I discovered that it freaks out when the card isn't inserted into the card reader. The "Please Insert Disk" dialog won't go away until you put the card in.

Is this a known problem?

All of the problems are known. Don't you worry. This one has been mentioned quite a few times, and I've already put it in the manual. And this isn't a Rominator bug, it's a Windows bug. I'm working on getting around it.

For the other guy as well, READ THE MANUAL TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT. I didn't write that thing for nothing.

Thanks,
--Henry

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Every time I backup my saves, Rominator makes different save files (to avoid overwriting old saves). But I don't want to have hundreds of saves - because I make backup every time I put microSD into my PC. Shouldn't there be an option to "Overwrite old save files" during the save backup?

anuarbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just finished reading from the beginning of the topic until finished.
Very interesting to see how it developed until it reaches this stage.

I will send suggestion to you now using the program function

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Hank, how's it going? Thanks once again for the great application. I don't know how would I manage my rom collection without it.

But, anyway, I wanted to ask, how is the development going? I'm looking forward to GBA support. Do you need help with anything, testing, something like that?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tried this app out

on the initial dialogue to set up the app it asks me where my rom folder is

when I browse to that folder and hit OK, the app seems to lock up.

does it not play nice with networked drives? I keep everything on a big fileserver. do the roms need to be on a system local to this app?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this has been asked before, but will this organize all of the roms in an M3 DS Real, Alphabetically?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nottulys said:
I dont know if this has been asked before, but will this organize all of the roms in an M3 DS Real, Alphabetically?

If you mean organize the way it looks on the M3 while inserted in your DS, then no.

QUOTE said:
just tried this app out

on the initial dialogue to set up the app it asks me where my rom folder is

when I browse to that folder and hit OK, the app seems to lock up.

does it not play nice with networked drives? I keep everything on a big fileserver. do the roms need to be on a system local to this app?

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't like playing with network drives, but it seems to work fine on a network drive in Mac OS X.

QUOTE said:
Hey Hank, how's it going? Thanks once again for the great application. I don't know how would I manage my rom collection without it.

But, anyway, I wanted to ask, how is the development going? I'm looking forward to GBA support. Do you need help with anything, testing, something like that?

Hiya, thanks for the nice feedback
smile.gif
I've been so incredibly busy with work, other projects, and general life that it's been hard to get to code as much as I want to. The new version looks really nice though, in my opinion. When I have something ready to show the public, I'll make a video
wink.gif
As for testing, I've got Salamantis testing for me on the OS X and Windows side, and I'll be testing the OS X and Linux side.

Just finished reading from the beginning of the topic until finished.
Very interesting to see how it developed until it reaches this stage.

I will send suggestion to you now using the program function

I've mentioned in a universal note to all Rominator users that I'm not accepting feedback or suggestions until I make a new release. Many people chose to ignore that and keep sending me reports or feedback, so I may have to disable it altogether.

lixoman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey Hank, thank you for the new version. Just wondering, is the GBA support working on this one? I found the option for the GBA folder on the Settings menu and the "Switch to GBA Mode" option, but this option seems to be disabled and I couldn't find a way to turn it on.

I suppose either it is not finished yet and you had to disable it for this release or I'm really stupid
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
lixoman100 said:
Hey Hank, thank you for the new version. Just wondering, is the GBA support working on this one? I found the option for the GBA folder on the Settings menu and the "Switch to GBA Mode" option, but this option seems to be disabled and I couldn't find a way to turn it on.

I suppose either it is not finished yet and you had to disable it for this release or I'm really stupid
smile.gif

I was working on it, and when I made the quickfix update, I had to disable it since it's not done yet
wink.gif

--Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol