I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
woot a cookie, I have been following the progress of this but have not had time to play around with it since the first versions you posted. I need to actually sort this machine out though so consider it added.

Feature request: could you have an option to output names of roms owned, missing, in total and results of a search to a text file please? even better if you can give the option for a mask to add in size, saves, release group etc.

Consider it done
smile.gif
I'll add an extra 'Statistics' menu, and from there you can export you current info to text file. Sound good
smile.gif

BTW, I'm getting so close with reading the Icons. I created a dummy palette because I still can't convert the freakin' palette to RGB
tongue.gif
but when I read the rom, I can get the noticable picture from the game
smile.gif

Regards.

Amything

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for great and handy application
smile.gif

Like has been mentioned here I think a list of missing roms would be a nice feature.

Haven't read all replies but I would also like to see a favourites option. Maybe a star or something a la Google?
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers for great and handy application
smile.gif

Like has been mentioned here I think a list of missing roms would be a nice feature.

Haven't read all replies but I would also like to see a favourites option. Maybe a star or something a la Google?
smile.gif

There *was* a favourites option.

I took it out, because you can create a game list now and call it 'Favourites'. From there, just drag the game (or multiple games) and drop them on the list from your Game Library. There's your favourites
smile.gif

Regards.

hack777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks hankchill! great to see you put so much into this application. i look forward to seeing the next version!

D

Deleted User

Amazing application hankchill!!
yaynds.gif

I'm really looking forward to give it a shot when my new macbook arrives (sometime today or tomorrow).

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone for all of your support.

I'll be releasing v2.1 within the next couple days. Here's the new features that will be available:

• Import a whole folder of SAV's for Save Association
• Statistics window - Shows how many roms you have, how many you're missing, and which ones they are. Results are exportable to a Text file
• No more downloading of the Icons database -- Rominator now reads the Icon directly from the rom!

If anyone else wants to see anything in this program, let me know. I don't think there's a feature that's been requested that I haven't added in yet
smile.gif

Regards,
--Henry

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
Sorry if that has been asked before:

I was under the impression that Rominator "safe" trimming, implemented the same method as DS-X Manager. However, when I did a test, it appeared that there was less trimming.

Would you care to enlighten us about trimming in Rominator?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if that has been asked before:

I was under the impression that Rominator "safe" trimming, implemented the same method as DS-X Manager. However, when I did a test, it appeared that there was less trimming.

Would you care to enlighten us about trimming in Rominator?

"Safe" Trimming *IS* less trimming.

Basically, what it is, is that there are 188 extra bytes at the end of the ROM that will end up breaking download play, or wifi play support, if trimmed to the fullest it can possibly go. Using the Safe Trim option preserves those 188 bytes, so the safe trimmed game will be 188 bytes larger than a regularly trimmed game.

I hope this enlightens you
smile.gif

Regards.

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi hankchill,
(here's my first post ever on GBATemp
laugh.gif
)

i sent you a mail yesterday, but there is an other reason for me posting here.
there seems to be some kind of bug concerning the "Show Game Icon"-option or your icon-db.
the error i got was again the "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down.".
to reproduce the error i did following things:
(using winxp sp2 - don't blame me
wink.gif
)
1. start programm (first start - user files deleted before doing this)
--edit: update the icon-db manually!!
2. close the program (reason: here is one other thing little issue: if you start the program the first time the setting-file is not going to be saved when altering settings, so you'd need to restart it)
3. set rom-path and check "Show Game Icon" check box
4. first possibility: program terminates with the given error
4. second possibility: program is still running, but if you restart it, it will terminate as in the first case
5. when restarting the program either way, it will allways show the error and shut down

to make the program run again you have to delete the settings-file (to 'unset' rom-path) or move your roms, so that the program does not try do display any game icon.

so it may just be an invalid icon-db.. don't know. if so it may not be a future problem because you said you'd make the icon-db obsolete. but it can be an other issue, too, so it would be nice if you'd check it.

another thing: could you implement a better error-notification, so that you'd know in which part of your program an error occurs (so that bugs could be identified much easier).

cheers from germany
_mrshl_

ps: don't forget the thing with the setting-file when program starts the first time
wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
hi hankchill,
(here's my first post ever on GBATempÂ
laugh.gif
)

i sent you a mail yesterday, but there is an other reason for me posting here.
there seems to be some kind of bug concerning the "Show Game Icon"-option or your icon-db.
the error i got was again the "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down.".
to reproduce the error i did following things:
(using winxp sp2 - don't blame me
wink.gif
)
1. start programm (first start - user files deleted before doing this)
--edit: update the icon-db manually!!
2. close the program (reason: here is one other thing little issue: if you start the program the first time the setting-file is not going to be saved when altering settings, so you'd need to restart it)
3. set rom-path and check "Show Game Icon" check box
4. first possibility: program terminates with the given error
4. second possibility: program is still running, but if you restart it, it will terminate as in the first case
5. when restarting the program either way, it will allways show the error and shut down

to make the program run again you have to delete the settings-file (to 'unset' rom-path) or move your roms, so that the program does not try do display any game icon.

so it may just be an invalid icon-db.. don't know. if so it may not be a future problem because you said you'd make the icon-db obsolete. but it can be an other issue, too, so it would be nice if you'd check it.

another thing: could you implement a better error-notification, so that you'd know in which part of your program an error occurs (so that bugs could be identified much easier).

cheers from germany
_mrshl_

ps: don't forget the thing with the setting-file when program starts the first time
wink.gif

Yeah, there might be a problem with the Icons database. I am releasing the new version tomorrow which makes the database obsolete so the problem just might be fixed
smile.gif

Tomorrow, test the update, and let me know if you can recreate the error. As far as I know, after the program creates the settings file it does save the information right away.

Regards.
--Henry

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The program is intended to be an all-in-one solution to store and organize into one global area, not have roms floating all over the place.
Great program. Big flaw.
I don't have ROMs floating all over the place, I have a separate hard drive
Let the user choose the path, please!

- Sam

EDIT: I didn't realize this thread was so long... I quoted from the first page. Has this problem been fixed yet?

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, there might be a problem with the Icons database. I am releasing the new version tomorrow which makes the database obsolete so the problem just might be fixed
smile.gif

Tomorrow, test the update, and let me know if you can recreate the error. As far as I know, after the program creates the settings file it does save the information right away.

Regards.
--Henry

update will be tomorrow?! great!
hope i'll have time to test it right tomorrow
smile.gif
concerning the settings: didn't check everything before. but now i can say (atleast it's this way on my machine) that the settings are only partial saved when you start the program the first time: the theme is saved and the "Automatically Check for Database Updates"-option is saved; the other settings aren't.

so have a nice day (going to sleep now
wink.gif
)
_mrshl_

edit: "Flash Card Location" is saved too, but i get an OutOfBoundsException (program terminates) if i set the path when launching the app the first time

(edit2: would you mind answering my e-mail - i would just like to know what you think about my suggestions.. thnx)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
The program is intended to be an all-in-one solution to store and organize into one global area, not have roms floating all over the place.

Great program. Big flaw.
I don't have ROMs floating all over the place, I have a separate hard drive
Let the user choose the path, please!

- Sam

EDIT: I didn't realize this thread was so long... I quoted from the first page. Has this problem been fixed yet?

I don't know if you have been keeping up with the program, but you CAN choose the games location, and have been able to since the SECOND release
smile.gif
In the Settings, you can choose your Games folder without a hitch
smile.gif

@_mrshl_:
I'm not sure which version you're using, but in 2.0.1 I fixed an issue where the settings file didn't save properly. I'll take a peek again and see if I can recreate your problem with the latest build, because I'm sure I fixed those bugs. And I did respond to your email, yesterday
smile.gif

Regards.

EDIT: Yep, I GUARANTEE you that the Settings file is saved 100% even upon the first run.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is this a Mac Universal program? I can't get it to even launch on my G5. 
frown.gif

I see you only have 1 post. Welcome
smile.gif

Now, before you made the post, did you happen to read the posts in this topic?

You need to decompress it with Stuffit Expander or ZipIt. If you don't, then it'll screw the program up. I think for the Mac one I just might distribute it inside a DMG, so this way it doesn't matter what you use to decompress.

Regards.

EDIT: Version 2.1 is complete. I think I'm going to prepare some documentation though before I release the program, just so that new people can get some help as well
smile.gif
It will be available at Midnight (EST) though
smile.gif

freemdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I browsed through a few pages but didn't see my answer. Obviously I missed page 5! Thanks for the reply, that did the trick. Strangely when I opened the zip file with Safari it didn't work, but Stuffit did. I'm looking forward to playing around with this and downloading the update tonight.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Allright, Rominator v2.1 is now available!

New in this version:
• Abandoned the Icons database. Rominator now reads icons directly from the roms!
• Adding a Naming Scheme, so now you can define exactly how you want your games named.
• Small bug fixes
• Added a Statistics menu -- You can see all of the games you have, missing, as well as export the lists
• In the Save Manager, you can choose a folder to scan for saves and associate every .sav file inside a folder
• Full and complete documentation is now available!

You all know where to get it
smile.gif

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative