Homebrew RIP [KTM]

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-sigh- Back to trying sysUpdater again. How come it works so quick for some people? And then there's reports of people, who at first I thought were exaggerating when they said "man, it finally worked after like 300 attempts", but based on my personal experience with this, I guess those 300 tries are no joke :mellow:
Are you getting error codes after downgrading? If so your probabley going to have to backup your saves and format.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I really feel bad for JustPingo. Making things on his own time for self entitled 8 year olds who can't wait for shit.

*sigh*

And I thought SOWS community was bad...
You try and sympathize everytime something goes wrong.. Here in about 2 years you'll hate the world.. That's how often this nonsense happens.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you getting error codes after downgrading? If so your probabley going to have to backup your saves and format.

What? No, I can't install anything since sysUpdater doesn't even work for me. It either freezes upon boot or it simply fails to execute the exploit so I can't install. Have tried Iron Hax, BrowserHax and MenuHax so far, still no dice.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
No. People think they're entitled to not being promised things that aren't going to happen even when the creator hypes the ever living hell out of it and fearmongers people into not using other downgrade methods. That's a fair thing to think.

I love how you're still defending a guy who can't keep his promises and blames everybody else.
This is nobody's fault but his. Quit protecting him and acting like he's a victim.

The only reason this even happened is because people like you don't realize that devs aren't fucking robots that can crank out content and deal with a shitty community at the same time.

He's only fucking human. Let him go his own way. If you want something so bad, learn to do it yourself instead of blaming someone for not doing it for you.

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not defending anyone.

you think you are entitled to something that's free, and that's wrong. I seriously don't care because you didn't pay him.
but JustPingo isn't going away clean as well for overhyping and raising the expectations of the community.
Well for starters you assume I was even going to USE Kernel Time Machine, which I wasn't. I downgraded as soon as sysupdater was working sufficiently because I knew he was going to pull this. I don't feel entitled to anything. I just don't like JustPingo's attitude surrounding this whole debacle.

The only reason this even happened is because people like you don't realize that devs aren't fucking robots that can crank out content and deal with a shitty community at the same time.

He's only fucking human. Let him go his own way. If you want something so bad, learn to do it yourself instead of blaming someone for not doing it for you.

Why do you guys assume I care about KTM? I just don't tolerate people who piggyback off the work of others and hype themselves up for attention.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: m_babble and cvskid

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for starters you assume I was even going to USE Kernel Time Machine, which I wasn't. I downgraded as soon as sysupdater was working sufficiently because I knew he was going to pull this. I don't feel entitled to anything. I just don't like JustPingo's attitude surrounding this whole debacle.
unfortunately this doesn't apply to every user though.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I am not defending anyone.

you think you are entitled to something that's free, and that's wrong. I seriously don't care because you didn't pay him.
but JustPingo isn't going away clean as well for overhyping and raising the expectations of the community.

Nobody said he had to release it. This was his fault, not the community. They knew sysUpdater was out.. But he promised that his would have something to help smoothen the process. He failed to deliver, and inevitably did what people were saying he was going to. This is more his fault than the members of this community.

I am thoroughly aware of him stating that those who wanted to downgrade should use the alternative.. I'm also aware that, yeah, a lot of people blew it out of proportion.. But again, his word...

GBATemp has been around for a long time.. And it used to be nothing but piracy with a bit of homebrew thrown in. There were the odd one or two devs that had more bark than Bite.. But it's nowhere near as bad as it is today.

Last edited by Kioku,

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/sysupdater-zip.34449/
Try this version of sysUpdater, may have some more luck

Thanks for your suggestion, but that's exactly the one I've been trying to use. I got it from the "Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS" tutorial in the tutorials & FAQs section. It's in moments like this when I wonder why the heck did I think it'd be a good idea to switch from an Old 3DS to a New 3DS XL, haha

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course.

But at least he tried and spent a lot of time coding KTM. What did you (The_Jesus_2.0 and some others) do? Absolutely nothing.
Im just wondering how you know he spent hella time on this. He only made a couple of commits to his github so... him spending a lot of time on doing nothing sounds more correct.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by TuxSH,

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These guys are extremely immature in the way that they get upset over people not waiting or moaning. Make the app cuz you enjoy coding or stfu and leave. No one cares about a guy named justpingo IRL.Hes just another basement dwelling nerd with a superiority complex.
And you're very cynical, he was doing this for us and taking the time out of his day to finish what he started before Nintendo makes his work useless.

Reverse engineering on something like this isn't just like any other coding either because it's completely undocumented unlike most software and can be very frustrating.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your suggestion, but that's exactly the one I've been trying to use. I got it from the "Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS" tutorial in the tutorials & FAQs section. It's in moments like this when I wonder why the heck did I think it'd be a good idea to switch from an Old 3DS to a New 3DS XL, haha
Have you tried mashing the y button? Believe it or not its worked for a few people when it appears frozen...

Koalabuttz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This ^
I feel so bad for justpingo. He's obviously working on it. Give him a break. He's doing this for the community, would you rather him develop it and never release it?

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have you tried mashing the y button? Believe it or not its worked for a few people when it appears frozen...

Alright, I'll give the button mashing a try then. If this doesn't work, then screw it... I'm just gonna invite my gf to play some Monster Hunter with me instead :rofl:
Thanks once again!

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll give the button mashing a try then. If this doesn't work, then screw it... I'm just gonna invite my gf to play some Monster Hunter with me instead :rofl:
Thanks once again!
Yeah, sorry your having so many problems getting it to do anything lol. Took one guy I helped more than 20 some trys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c