Homebrew RIP [KTM]

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well......... I'm not to sure what to think now..... As a beta tester I might post here the most current beta....... I might ask justpingo if that'd be okay since this is "dead" as well as my results on it...

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well......... I'm not to sure what to think now..... As a beta tester I might post here the most current beta....... I might ask justpingo if that'd be okay since this is "dead" as well as my results on it...
Bad idea, people will end up thinking its stable and it will cause more drama when things go wrong.

Last edited by Coleman_C18,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it works I don't see why not. :P

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the file itself is named KTMBETA..... I couldn't imagine people would be stupid enough to think that it's not a beta but I lost faith in this scene awhile back as a dev myself because of this reason...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it works I don't see why not. :P
"why not?" Because it's not my work.. As a dev, I wouldn't want a beta releasing my work.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the file itself is named KTMBETA..... I couldn't imagine people would be stupid enough to think that it's not a beta but I lost faith in this scene awhile back as a dev myself because of this reason...
Ask @JustPingo if you can first. But yeah if it says BETA, its pretty obvious.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why start this mess back up? Seeing the shitstorm last night I think its best to just let SafeSysUpdater get tested. Its got hash checks without the need of .ttp files

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I will repeat if again: community isn't the reason why he stopped working on this.
https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/685944713506074625
He knew it was useless to continue because the update is released Monday/Tuesday. He didn't have enough time, because of unexpected events IRL (and I have unique bugs, which are unknown). KTM was being beta-tested. Most of things to do were to fix bugs.
Then he blamed the community, because the community started to hate him for that choice.
(https://twitter.com/Elmoteachesgame/status/685960107369316354 and seriously, I think that some people were right about the 9 years-old on the 3DS forums)

Why it is useless because update is released ? This make no sense. It will be as useless as sysupdater then.

"Unexpected events IRL" meanwhile he said on twitter few days ago that he will release it "tomorrow" and this wasn't his first tweet about possible release date.

Blaming "community" is typical modder drama which basically means you can't deliver what you promised and you are looking for something to save "face". If he didn't want this situation to happen he shouldn't hype KTM in first place ("you should wait for foolproof KTM!"), work on it and then release it when it is done that is credo of developers who people have respect for.

Yes "community" don't deserve anything but at the same time you don't deserve respect from that "community" if you fail to deliver.

More work, less talking mantra proves to be perfect yet again.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why start this mess back up? Seeing the shitstorm last night I think its best to just let SafeSysUpdater get tested. Its got hash checks without the need of .ttp files
true, it's just I know what it's like to have this scene expect work from you and delaying your work is good for you. However other people like to set deadlines for you and then get mad at you for it. I know this man has some word, I asked if I could be a beta and he said he'd get me the files, which he did. His word=Time+trustworthy.

tekimotop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone just use sysupdater and forget about KTM.
Leave it, it's all in the past.
WOW WOW WAIT!It seems i understood something really wrong!!Isnt KTM sysupdater????What is differenet with sysupdater and ktm???Can sysupdater downgrade New 3ds? and if it fails can it unbrick to 10.3 right now???

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why it is useless because update is released ? This make no sense. It will be as useless as sysupdater then.

"Unexpected events IRL" meanwhile he said on twitter few days ago that he will release it "tomorrow" and this wasn't his first tweet about possible release date.

Blaming "community" is typical modder drama which basically means you can't deliver what you promised and you are looking for something to save "face". If he didn't want this situation to happen he shouldn't hype KTM in first place ("you should wait for foolproof KTM!"), work on it and then release it when it is done that is credo of developers who people have respect for.

Yes "community" don't deserve anything but at the same time you don't deserve respect from that "community" if you fail to deliver.

More work, less talking mantra proves to be perfect yet again.
Bottom line is, even Smea twitted about 2.5 being dropped and was LATE for it it. Things happen. Us devs may not be well known like Smea and all but maybe it's because of people like you. I mean even Smea went to the WiiU scene like most of us devs.... This scene is needy and people are dicks.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WOW WOW WAIT!It seems i understood something really wrong!!Isnt KTM sysupdater????What is differenet with sysupdater and ktm???Can sysupdater downgrade New 3ds? and if it fails can it unbrick to 10.3 right now???
KTM has anti-noob checks. Follow the tutorial and you're fine.
And yes there is a 10.3 safety net for now, once 10.4 comes out that wion't be there.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bottom line is, even Smea twitted about 2.5 being dropped and was LATE for it it. Things happen. Us devs may not be well known like Smea and all but maybe it's because of people like you. I mean even Smea went to the WiiU scene like most of us devs.... This scene is needy and people are dicks.
Not to take anything away from your arguement I agree this community is pretty bad, but Smea actually just announced he was beginning to work on hax 3.0 yesterday hes still in 3ds dev.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
All the devs have to say is it will be released when its done, then lock the thread and let the mods do their jobs instead of always bitching to unfortunate fucks around here.
It's all about the hype! it's a win win situation for the dev and for the forum/site they are apart of.

To all the non mods and devs out here, keep doing what your doing cause they deserve every bit of what they get!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's all about who's e-penis's are bigger! ask GeoHot!
rock on walter....lol love your avatar.....its a belter

Reactions: Cylent1

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I thought the guy has done the same thing before. Its whatever though, SysUpdater works for most of us. What sucks is the people that wasted their time waiting for this. Now they have to go back to SysUpdater with less time than before to get their downgrades in. Atleast he didnt wait till next week Monday to announce something like this, so give him that
No one has to update. You can stay at 10.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica