• Start date
  • Views 11,269
  • Replies 71

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
played pokemon emerald for 1 hour and 20 mins. made my way to petalburg city, everything looks perfectly fine.
played mother 3 short for 15 mins cause i dont wanna spoil it, also everything looks perfectly fine

The problem with mother 3 is that it may have the save issue though. The k101 can't go back to the ingame menu with 32MB roms, because it doesn't have enough ram. So there is a chance your save file will disappear eventually. I personally would not trust my k101 to keep my mother 3 save; it's not worth the risk.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" I am DIY kind of guy and i am planning to mod it to run on 3 AA batteries in near future."

This. The moment you figure out how to perform this, please shoot me a message. I helped Another World in his overall review of the REVO and have taken the device apart down to the PCB and it seems modding the main contacts would be a bit tricky.
Please let me know when you undertake this! I'm a huge fan of the REVO, and it is by far the best solution for full hardware compatibility for the GBA library! Love mine, I boot up the Mario Advances all time time. NO other console can run the titles as fast as the REVO does. It's perfect. :-D

Thanks for sharing your story, and thoughts on the unit! I hope Ruilong, and company kick out firmware updates soon. There are some loyal people like myself that are in love with this little guy!

OH! One last tip, if you do pop your REVO open. Remove the plastic film piece over the screen. The LCD underneath is surprisingly resilient and you get rid of the annoying reflections on the plastic by doing so! ^__^

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
played pokemon emerald for 1 hour and 20 mins. made my way to petalburg city, everything looks perfectly fine.
played mother 3 short for 15 mins cause i dont wanna spoil it, also everything looks perfectly fine

Thanks man, I just had suspicion for those games, if they look fine. I'm going to pick up a Revo, if I can't get an EZ-Flash IV.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome go-vegan! Looking forward to it!

Oh and on a quick side note I can confirm that if you do exit out to the menu of REVO before powering off, it will give it the opportunity to write all of its data to the SD card and your save file shouldn't have any problems at all.

go-vegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i just lost my Pokemon Emerald 8 hours progress save. :unsure:
i get in game, figured i didnt turned RTC on, so i get back on games list via menu, turned RTC on and back in game, there is no save!
and i just caught abra, trained him to level 20 kadabra, it was hard.
worst thing, "Pokemon Emerald (USA).gba.sav" is still on sd card, i can look at it but game doesn't recognize it.
if i could only fix it somehow.
checked my other saves, they are fine, so this bug affects only game you turn off improperly.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i just lost my Pokemon Emerald 8 hours progress save. :unsure:
i get in game, figured i didnt turned RTC on, so i get back on games list via menu, turned RTC on and back in game, there is no save!
and i just caught abra, trained him to level 20 kadabra, it was hard.
worst thing, "Pokemon Emerald (USA).gba.sav" is still on sd card, i can look at it but game doesn't recognize it.
if i could only fix it somehow.
checked my other saves, they are fine, so this bug affects only game you turn off improperly.

Why don't you try turning off the RTC? Wouldn't that just undo what happened? I can be wrong, but I'm guessing that should make it work, man that must suck losing all your hard work that you put into that game.

go-vegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i tried everything i could think of, i scanned SD card with recuva but found only one game i deleted few days ago. It doesnt have to do anything with RTC. RTC also has bug, it wont remember ON state, so every time you restart console RTC is always OFF. IMO problem is in firmware which sometimes corrupts save when backuping it to SD card. So save is still there, but it is corrupted and game can't recognize it.
I know, i should follow proper procedure but i kinda forgot that time and bug happened just that moment :/
maybe we should make our own firmware like rockbox guy did it for some mp4 players.
too bad i dont know anything about coding :/

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried everything i could think of, i scanned SD card with recuva but found only one game i deleted few days ago. It doesnt have to do anything with RTC. RTC also has bug, it wont remember ON state, so every time you restart console RTC is always OFF. IMO problem is in firmware which sometimes corrupts save when backuping it to SD card. So save is still there, but it is corrupted and game can't recognize it.
I know, i should follow proper procedure but i kinda forgot that time and bug happened just that moment :/
maybe we should make our own firmware like rockbox guy did it for some mp4 players.
too bad i dont know anything about coding :/

Try this, extract the .sav file to your desktop. Download VBA, open Pokemon Emerald Import the Battery file (save.) Then resave at a different location extract that into your Revo K101 and then try that. If not, then it's a lost cause. Sorry to hear this.

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

IMO problem is in firmware which sometimes corrupts save when backuping it to SD card. So save is still there, but it is corrupted and game can't recognize it.

That save file was overwritten by the new-fresh one. It is not corrupted, just new, like you haven't save your game before. Check this "corrupted" file in your PC, it should be "empty".

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
the K101 save problem has been solved and new firmware has been updated.

http://kteam.ys168.com/ K101_K_FW_2014-04-22(PID00620601).rar (save bug fixed)

For older firmware, when the power shut down in game and the green LED turn off, if you hold the power button for 2 ~ 3 seconds , there will not be a save problem(Some TF's speed is too low, it cause saving issues) . This is a theoretical basis for new firmware to solve the save problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol