ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I get error software closed when try to play LM 3, is this because reverseNX or fw 8.1.0 or bad dump? If because reverseNX how to make exception?

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I get error software closed when try to play LM 3, is this because reverseNX or fw 8.1.0 or bad dump? If because reverseNX how to make exception?
For now the reason is unknown. As mentioned in the post previous to yours a patch might, or might not fix it in the future.
You can disable it adding the following two lines to the file "exception.txt" inside SaltySD folder:
Code:
;Luigi's Mansion 3
0100DCA0064A6000

Reactions: themosteve

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
SaltySD_Core.elf issue, only thing that I can confirm. That's why I've added support for exceptions.txt and disabling ReverseNX in ReverseNX-Tool - they are blocking loading SaltySD Core. My guess is that Core is reading wrong offsets in particural situations and overwrites game code before loading plugin. And because of my work, I can't check what is wrong. But good test code is W3, because at least for me without patch game is not working with ReverseNX, but with patch is working without issue.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Basically, I would like to see the handheld mode on the big screen, with the original clocks of the mode in question.
Without boost
Reversenx tricks the game, not the mode (for clocks etc).
So you have to flag the handheld mode for the game and use clksys for set clocks on dock to handheld clocks. That way you will have slower clock and handheld graphics in real dock.

Last edited by Csmrcc,

SwitchHack

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reversenx tricks the game, not the mode (for clocks etc).
So you have to flag the handheld mode for the game and use clksys for set clocks on dock to handheld clocks. That way you will have slower clock and handheld graphics in real dock.

great
But now, I have to be able to get clksys to work on SX OS, it's giving me problems, it won't start

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
We know. Check first post on this page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, sorry. You mean after date release? :D

ah haha not rly :D

my bad, looked into the not working game list and didn't find it, so I though it wasn't reported yet

didn't read the latest post though, sorry

Ignewton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I converted my nintendo dock into a smaller, portable dock with a stand.

If I were to insert my switch into my dock and flag it as handheld, would my switch still send a signal to my TV? or would it still display but the docks usbs would "turn on"

Basically I want to play smash/other games with my gf on the go and the mini dock usbs cant be activated without powering the dock. However when you power the dock the switches screen turns black because its attempting to send a signal.

Sorry English is not my first language

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Quick question, I converted my nintendo dock into a smaller, portable dock with a stand.

If I were to insert my switch into my dock and flag it as handheld, would my switch still send a signal to my TV? or would it still display but the docks usbs would "turn on"

Basically I want to play smash/other games with my gf on the go and the mini dock usbs cant be activated without powering the dock. However when you power the dock the switches screen turns black because its attempting to send a signal.

Sorry English is not my first language
Yes it will send the video to the TV.
This Homebrew only tricks the game, not the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...