ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,
SaltyNX 0.3.0a / ReverseNX-Tool 2.0.0

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, so big changes now.

I've added patches support to SaltyNX for this purpose.
YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD SaltyNX >=0.3.0a!

• ReverseNX plugin support is dumped (delete ReverseNX.elf, it will be deleted from appstore) and now ReverseNX will be treated as combination of patches created from ReverseNX-Tool
  • ReverseNX-Tool took whole responsibility for ReverseNX (download version >=2.0.0), now lists games and supports changing modes for all installed games at the same time, dumped all SaltyNX-Tool functions (thanks to Sun-Research-University for sys-clk-editor, on which I based new ReverseNX-Tool)
  • ReverseNX now should work with all 64-bit games (...if you don't use any plugins, exceptions support not loading plugins while still have enabled patches)

More in ReverseNX-Tool and SaltyNX readmes.

2020042010061000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
To migrate the old plugins folder to patches you just need to add both patches files into each game folder right?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To migrate the old plugins folder to patches you just need to add both patches files into each game folder right?
ReverseNX-Tool will create all folders and files for you when you change mode for any title.
There is nothing in plugins folders that is used now by ReverseNX.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean the id folders
Idk if I don't understand you or you don't understand me.

There is no migration. Just delete everything related to ReverseNX plugin - all folders in plugins and ReverseNX.elf
And if you want configure games from now on, use ReverseNX-Tool. Patches always use the same name, but for handheld and docked they are using different data, so without ReverseNX-Tool only way to find which patch is which is by viewing them in Hex Editor.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nvm, I copied over the game id folders from plugins to patches, and included docked mode patches to each folder. It’s to avoid having to configure out every game again, I got it working.

I only use docked mode profile patches, maybe that caused confusion :P

The
Code:
/saltySD/flags/ReverseNX/titleid.flag
is useless now too?

Last edited by cucholix,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The rayman doesn't work at all since i cannot disable the plugin in the latest ReverseNX.Still thank you.
?
Please be more specific.

So you mean Rayman doesn't work at all with any plugins? And it didn't work before?
Then add title to exceptions.txt or use SaltyNX-Tool to disable SaltyNX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ReverseNX is not a plugin anymore. If you mean in homebrew, then write "ReverseNX-Tool", not "ReverseNX".

stoneman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?
Please be more specific.

So you mean Rayman doesn't work at all with any plugins? And it didn't work before?
Then add title to exceptions.txt or use SaltyNX-Tool to disable SaltyNX.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ReverseNX is not a plugin anymore. If you mean in homebrew, then write "ReverseNX-Tool", not "ReverseNX".
I’ll try,thank you.

pitrako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I don't understand something, I put SaltySD and atmosphere in the root of the microsd and reversenx tool in the switch folder and when I try to open the album It crashes the console with a panic title id message or something like that (I'm using kosmos with hekate).

Last edited by pitrako,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe I don't understand something, I put SaltySD and atmosphere in the root of the microsd and reversenx tool in the switch folder and when I try to open the album It crashes the console (I'm using kosmos with hekate).

>Kosmos

Delete stuff you don't need to use, because you have bloated system memory.

pkmnTobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@masagrator
Are you aware of SaltySD causing issues with some games cheats via edizon?
For reference couple people (myself included) can't get certain item cheats to work in Animal Crossing with SaltySD installed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-1-1-4-1-1-4a-cheats-list.561920/page-2#post-9021696

Edit:
I took a look at your issues on github and saw you told someone that it wasn't SaltyNX and was instead most likely Status Overlay or something else. I can confirm that is false, I tested removing status overlay and still had the issues with certain cheats. I removed the SaltyNX atmosphere folder and then the cheats starting working again. I even added Status Overlay back and the cheats still worked. So I am 99% sure it is an issue with Edizon and SaltyNX. For now I will just have to disable SaltyNX as getting an update out of Edizon is like pulling teeth. I might suggest putting a disable option back in ReverseNX like it had before? I had no issues when I had it disabled before updating to newest version with 10.0 and atmos 11.1 etc.

Last edited by pkmnTobi,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@masagrator
Are you aware of SaltySD causing issues with some games cheats via edizon?
For reference couple people (myself included) can't get certain item cheats to work in Animal Crossing with SaltySD installed.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-1-1-4-1-1-4a-cheats-list.561920/page-2#post-9021696
I didn't get any example of cheat.
If cheat is not based on main, but directly on heap (which means going against many tutorials), then there is a chance that SaltyNX can be faulty here as this is the nature of code injection (thus 99%). I was thinking that "breaking" means something else.

For now I will just have to disable SaltyNX as getting an update out of Edizon is like pulling teeth. I might suggest putting a disable option back in ReverseNX like it had before?

A) You have exceptions.txt
B) You have SaltyNX-Tool
Suggestion rejected.

pkmnTobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get any example of cheat.
If cheat is not based on main, but directly on heap (which means going against many tutorials), then there is a chance that SaltyNX can be faulty here as this is the nature of code injection (thus 99%). And I was thinking that by "breaking" it means "crashing game".

The cheats that aren't working are the inventory injections, any of them regarding the inventory. Others work fine.
For ex.
[Slot 10 nook tickets (unlimited)]
04100000 AC3B9108 000016DB
04100000 AC3B910C 00000001

Anyways good to know about the tools and exceptions, I didnt realize that when testing. I will try them out so I can keep ReverseNX. Thanks for your work, sorry if I came across rude :).

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The cheats that aren't working are the inventory injections, any of them regarding the inventory. Others work fine.
For ex.
[Slot 10 nook tickets (unlimited)]
04100000 AC3B9108 000016DB
04100000 AC3B910C 00000001

Anyways good to know about the tools and exceptions, I didnt realize that when testing. I will try them out so I can keep ReverseNX. Thanks for your work, sorry if I came across rude :).
Yup, this is directly involving heap instead of using main to detect heap offset. Because of SaltyNX code injection usual memory offsets of heaps can be shuffled, thus cheats like that can't work anymore. If it would base from the start on main, issue wouldn't exist.

I don't mind being rude if it's properly motivated and you are not going full retard like some other "AC fan". ;)

Reactions: pkmnTobi

cesarux3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem, I put the SaltySD folder in the root, then I put ReverseNX-Tool.nro in the /switch folder, and I put the contents folder in /sxos, then I try to open any game and the screen is locked, it is black, I did something wrong in the arrangement of the folders or I need to do something else
upload_2020-5-4_12-27-6.png

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol