[Release] SimpleModDownloader, a mod downloader for your switch

logo

HI community,

I've recently delved into the vast world of Switch modding and found it tiresome always having to rely on a computer to install mods. I found the idea of SimpleModManager interesting, but it lacked a downloading feature. That's why I created the homebrew SimpleModDownloader. The installation part is done through SimpleModManager, so there's a button to switch from the downloader to the manager.

SimpleModDownloader is based on the extensive gamebanana database.

Downloads:
Releases: https://github.com/PoloNX/SimpleModDownloader/releases/
Source: https://github.com/PoloNX/SimpleModDownloader

How to use it:
  • Place the .nro file on your SD card in the "/switch/" folder.
  • Launch the homebrew from the homebrew launcher.

EDIT : Hello community! I'm very pleased to announce that I've finally finished rewriting SimpleModDownloader from scratch. The app now utilizes a new version of Borealis for the UI, which has allowed me greater flexibility in the UI design. Here's the changelog, which is quite extensive, and I may have surely missed some things
  • Rewrote the app from scratch using Borealis.
  • Transitioned to a new build tool: CMake.
  • Fixed #46 and #39.
  • Added a new page to preview the mod.
  • Implemented detection to check if a mod is compatible with SimpleModDownloader (in reality, I check if there's a romfs folder in the archive, as permitted by the GameBanana API).
  • Added a fix to prevent a crash that occurred when the mod contained special characters.
  • Reduced loading times and implemented multi-threading for improved performance.
Here is some screenshots/video

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If you want to translate the app into other languages, feel free to do so! You will be credited in the homebrew.

I would like to thank all of you for being able to help me improve the application day by day by reporting bugs and feature requests :)

Last edited by PoloNX,

Jaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I’m very sorry for your switch. I have no idea of why it happened. I just edit files located in /config/SimpleModDownloader and In mods/
I don’t know what happened to you hbl. If you have an idea of what did you do exactly it can help me to find a solution
I deleted some folder in atmosphere/contents I believe, and that fixed it iirc

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check in config/SimpleModDownloadef
Hey do you have discord so we can chat? I’d love to get this working correctly. It downloads and extracts it. I go to the install screen and click on simple mod manager and they are not extra there. Nothing extra in the config/simpledownloader.

invisiblek1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi ! Thanks for using the homebrew. If you click on download and nothing append it’s because the mod is incompatible with SimpleModDownloader. I check if there’s a romfs/ folder in the archive using gamebanana’s api. I wanted to add a notification but sadly borealis remove the notify method. And all installed games are listed. If you click on it and you don’t see mods it’s because there’s no mods for this game. If the app crash can you send me your logs in one new issue on the GitHub ?I hope I’ve been able to answer all your questions
Post automatically merged:

Sadly no. But it can be a new feature soon !
Hi, same problem. I did what you indicate and nothing happened, tried several formats (zip, 7z, rar) and nothing happens. This didn’t happen with the version prior to 2.0.

PoloNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Hi. Can you try the latest buildonthe GitHubin the action tab ?
Post automatically merged:

Hi, same problem. I did what you indicate and nothing happened, tried several formats (zip, 7z, rar) and nothing happens. This didn’t happen with the version prior to 2.0.

Last edited by PoloNX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?