Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

sylviebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I applied retrogamefan's R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and followed the how to install... which was keep original menu and copy the files listed and then launch the ttmenu.nds. My card loaded as per usual and then I launched the ttmenu.nds and then it was at the white screen forever and then I restarted thinking nope not going to work. then I deleted the files/folders I just copied and placed it back in and nothing. no more spongebob icon when I insert my card... Is there anything I can do?
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
Sylvie
PS: My card is from the site n3dstt.com and it's called 3dstt and it's supposed to be an r4 clone of some type...

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country
I applied retrogamefan's R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and followed the how to install... which was keep original menu and copy the files listed and then launch the ttmenu.nds. My card loaded as per usual and then I launched the ttmenu.nds and then it was at the white screen forever and then I restarted thinking nope not going to work. then I deleted the files/folders I just copied and placed it back in and nothing. no more spongebob icon when I insert my card... Is there anything I can do?
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
Sylvie
PS: My card is from the site n3dstt.com and it's called 3dstt and it's supposed to be an r4 clone of some type...

DSTT/i i think this folder you need as you picked wrong 1 choose either the ttmenu for dstt/i or the ysmenu for dstt/i and put 2 files on sd card and test in console without games

sylviebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
112345veronica: I can't do anything with the card now as I think it is fried/bricked. I am hoping that I can get am exact working card from my friend and somehow use it to update the firmware on my bricked card but I am not sure how to do that... The ds can't even see the card when it is loaded let lone read the microsd. If you take your microsd card out of your card and place it in your ds it will load some sort of icon mine is the spongebob exploit. Only when you try to launch the spongebob (or whatever yours is) does it then look at the microsd card. So at this point that is not an option I can try. thanks for your response though :)

So does anyone know if this is even possible? Using a working card to load firmware onto bricked card?

pangloss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It is a clone of R4i 3D new, you can try their Kernel that was recently updated.

The ds can't even see the card when it is loaded let lone read the microsd. If you take your microsd card out of your card and place it in your ds it will load some sort of icon mine is the spongebob exploit. Only when you try to launch the spongebob (or whatever yours is) does it then look at the microsd card. So at this point that is not an option I can try. thanks for your response though :)

So does anyone know if this is even possible? Using a working card to load firmware onto bricked card?

I Think it won't work but you can try the FW update procedure starting it with a good card, then switching the Micro and the card with the bricked one.

Best regards, Pan.

sylviebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to switch it out but it was stuck at the erasing 0% and would not budge. so that did not work. I tried all 3 firmware updates available at the site and nada...

I wonder how come it fried my card... it was just the kernel/menu...

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let you know that you have wrong title name for Jewel Quest Deluxe. It Jewel Time Deluxe because I load that game and got error message. So please change to Jewel Time Deluxe. Thank you.

pangloss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was able to switch it out but it was stuck at the erasing 0% and would not budge. so that did not work. I tried all 3 firmware updates available at the site and nada...

I was unsure it could work...

I wonder how come it fried my card... it was just the kernel/menu...

It happened to me too using a Kernel that was removed immediately by the team site...

... obviously I cannot not sure it was the kernel because I didn't try it on a second card, but I think that I wrong command could erase the internal FLASH and this is the END! :-(

Pan.

sylviebi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for your input pangloss. I have also tried a bunch of other firmware updates of cards that are similar to mine and have had the same response... r4ids.cn, r4i3d.com
I am tired of trying to fix it and looking for a fix. I will be more careful next time before applying updates as I did not know that this could be an outcome. live and learn. I only paid 5$ for the card and I am trying to save it like I paid 500$. lol... It's just in my nature to poke at it until I figure it out... anyway, have a great day.

ChristopherJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@anyone.

Previously received help/suggestions on how to get the software reset to actually work with my card, though I'm still struggling and hoping that someone might be able help me resolve this little issue.

Also,

I've attempted to install emulators/homebrew apps onto the card, although none ever get past the boot/loading screen. (despite saving a file) Does anyone else use other things a-side from games? Not sure if it's just me

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm not quite certain if Etrian Odyssey 3 had AP or not, but I'm having issues on the M3 Real. If you go to the store, and try to leave; the screen goes black, but music continues. I recreated this all 5 times I tried. Can someone confirm if it's missed AP, a FW bug, or just me?

Edit: My rom must have been faulty, containing an old patch, or something, as things seem to be working now.

Now, a valid question; what is the cheat file type for this firmware, and what folder should I drop it in? Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm not quite certain if Etrian Odyssey 3 had AP or not, but I'm having issues on the M3 Real. If you go to the store, and try to leave; the screen goes black, but music continues. I recreated this all 5 times I tried. Can someone confirm if it's missed AP, a FW bug, or just me?

Edit: My rom must have been faulty, containing an old patch, or something, as things seem to be working now.

Now, a valid question; what is the cheat file type for this firmware, and what folder should I drop it in? Thanks.

USRcheat.dat :D

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

USRcheat.dat :D

Thank you sir.

MorganBentoBoxHa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I have some questions; I'm running M3 DS Real. I have been running some older version of ysmenu. But I tried a few of the file group things but 1; they wont run on unless i add the system folder from my old stuff (without it there is and error on start up saying there is no system file, please add one) and 2; none of my games work, at first i just thought it was just games that has anti piracy and stuff but its all my old games, nothing works. i load up a game and the little progress bar in the left starts spinning but its always on 1% please help. For now i will go back to my old stuff but i would like this version because it allows me to have cheats and things :)
Hope someone can help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o