Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it ? I use both actually. It seems to me that the games working well by injection work better than in Not 64. They actually work flawlessly. Not64 has higher compatibility but emulation is far from perfect (many glitches or lag)
Both VC and not64 have their graphical/sound/speed flaws, but the most recent fork of Not64 owns VC by far in compatiblity.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not enough, not64 is way better.

Well, at least Not64 doesn't make Rare games sound weird/raspy lol

It doesn't emulate the pixel alpha dither effects in Mario 64, MK64, etc. Not64 also is missing the billboard in MK64 :P Famebuffer effects take a huge toll on the emulator.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick update on making a channel that doesn't crash:
1) You will obviously have to remap the Home button to another one, although maybe not, I'm trying some things
2) I have an alternate method, but it would be a main launcher that launches each core from a menu, basically the same thing as HBL, but it can actually load the cores from the /vol/content folder and not the SD card.

So do you want me to pursue the one core channels, or a main channel to launch each individually, but you don't need the cores on the SD card? Any feedback on this? Also, once I make any channel, I may need help from people that are good with graphics to add the splash screens and stuff. Anyone interested, let me know what you think.

If it's a choice I'd prefer to have one channel per core, having one channel load a hbl type app then load core is too similar to what we have at the moment.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If it's a choice I'd prefer to have one channel per core, having one channel load a hbl type app then load core is too similar to what we have at the moment.
Ok, I'll just do it that way.

BTW, I've got rotation working, the problem I have is that it also happens with the menu too. I guess until I can differentiate between menu and game, I'll just keep it that way and release a version with rotation, but keep in mind that the menu will be rotated too. I'll probably just do the MAME one, because it's really the only one that needs it that I can think of.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

BTW, I've got rotation working, the problem I have is that it also happens with the menu too. I guess until I can differentiate between menu and game, I'll just keep it that way and release a version with rotation, but keep in mind that the menu will be rotated too. I'll probably just do the MAME one, because it's really the only one that needs it that I can think of.

Can you add the rotation fix to FBA as well. Rotation of the menu is a small price to pay for now ;)
Thanks.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Retroarch vita has percore and a main app, so why not both for wiiu.
Thanks in advance @breinj :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which one? FBA2012 or whatever it is? I guess I should get some roms and try that one out too. FBA is an arcade emulator, right? Which ROMs work with it?

FBA2012 is an Arcade emulator similar to Mame but personally I prefer it to Mame. Mame obviously has more compatible games but for me, I think FBA plays games better.
FBA2012 require v0.2.97.30 roms

Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the test emulator I was using to make sure it worked, is snes9x, go ahead and re-download it from the appstore - http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/snes9x_libretro

I didn't update the version or anything, so I'm not sure if it will actually show as new on HBAS, so just force a re-download or download it to your PC and transfer to SD card.

I'll work on updating the rest, the first ones will be the arcade emulators of course. We'll finally be able to play Pacman without twisting our heads. :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, the test emulator I was using to make sure it worked, is snes9x, go ahead and re-download it from the appstore - http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/snes9x_libretro

I didn't update the version or anything, so I'm not sure if it will actually show as new on HBAS, so just force a re-download or download it to your PC and transfer to SD card.

I'll work on updating the rest, the first ones will be the arcade emulators of course. We'll finally be able to play Pacman without twisting our heads. :D
Huh, I didn't see any changes. What is new?

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I didn't see any changes. What is new?
I just added rotation, but it's really not needed on snes9x, but it's the quickest and fastest for me to test, and since it worked, I went ahead and uploaded the new one.
I noticed rotation works now
Useless on a snes game though
I know, but I explained snes9x is my test emulator when I make changes.

BTW everyone, the new version of FBAlpha2012 is up now - http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/fbalpha2012_libretro

The games auto-rotate and the menu is only rotated on the quick menu. :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added rotation, but it's really not needed on snes9x, but it's the quickest and fastest for me to test, and since it worked, I went ahead and uploaded the new one.
I know, but I explained snes9x is my test emulator when I make changes.

BTW everyone, the new version of FBAlpha2012 is up now - http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/fbalpha2012_libretro

The games auto-rotate and the menu is only rotated on the quick menu. :D

Should we let Aliaspider know it's been fixed on the OP? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol