WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy
Does the MAME 2000 run KI?
How well does that core run?

I haven't tried myself but I doubt it tbh. The core itself runs fine as far as I know but I havent tried many games on it. I haven't got the 2000 set. (Tapper works tho.. Doesnt on Mame2003)

EDIT: Just tried them for a laugh but they dont work :( KI shows a blue screen and KI2 shows a red screen :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you add the rotation it to mame 2000 as well please? Just in case? I like that one as it plays tapper and rampage.
I don't have MAME2000 source code on my PC, but I may eventually get to it. I planned on doing as many as I could though, until I got a PR going on GitHub and they accepted it. Of course all the arcade emulators are the important ones to get this into.

Reactions: cucholix

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For any other people compiling these, here is the Pull Request I just submitted to Retroarch - https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/4463

Hopefully they accept it and it will start showing up in the nightlies, until then, feel free to start adding yourself, it's going to take me a long time to do this all myself.

Reactions: cucholix

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For any other people compiling these, here is the Pull Request I just submitted to Retroarch - https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/4463

Hopefully they accept it and it will start showing up in the nightlies, until then, feel free to start adding yourself, it's going to take me a long time to do this all myself.
And I was just wondering why I couldn't see the pull request :P
Awesome!
The PR you submitted is the one which also turns around the RA menu right?

Nevertheless, this is awesome stuff!
I'm really happy to see all this progress coming along :D

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And I was just wondering why I couldn't see the pull request :P
Awesome!
The PR you submitted is the one which also turns around the RA menu right?

Nevertheless, this is awesome stuff!
I'm really happy to see all this progress coming along :D
They accepted the PR. You don't have to preset rotation. For example, in FBAlpha, you open a ROM and it auto-rotates correctly for you. So only the Quick Menu will be rotated, but I don't think you can really do anything about that. I'm going through it, and I probably just overlooked how to keep the menu rotated correctly. Maybe @aliaspider knows already, since he pretty much added everything for the WiiU version.

Edit: Thanks to @aliaspider for pointing out the obvious to me. HAHA
The menu doesn't rotate now in the latest PR I submitted.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: ploggy

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably a stupid question : but what do you mean by rotation and what's all the fuss about it ? Is it just to rotate the display to play vertical shooters ?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a stupid question : but what do you mean by rotation and what's all the fuss about it ? Is it just to rotate the display to play vertical shooters ?
Basically just to play vertical shooters and other vertical arcade games without having to hold the controller in an akward position.

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically just to play vertical shooters and other vertical arcade games without having to hold the controller in an akward position.
Ok I see ! Any advice on good vertical shooters intended to be played that way (so arcade games I guess) ? I loved Ikaruga very much but I don't think it can be emulated my Mame or FB Alpha, right ? (Plus, I already have it in Nintendont, Nintendont is awesome :P)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I see ! Any advice on good vertical shooters intended to be played that way (so arcade games I guess) ? I loved Ikaruga very much but I don't think it can be emulated my Mame or FB Alpha, right ?
I've only played galaxian on it as i had deleted all vertical shooters off my sd as i couldn't play them at all
The games are not intended to be played with a ton of black screen on the left and right but its more playable that way.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so no retroarch core runs sega system 32 games?
FBA2012 is an Arcade emulator similar to Mame but personally I prefer it to Mame. Mame obviously has more compatible games but for me, I think FBA plays games better.
FBA2012 require v0.2.97.30 roms
you still havent uploaded your atari jaguar compiled core even if slow as hell i wanted to test it xD

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I see ! Any advice on good vertical shooters intended to be played that way (so arcade games I guess) ? I loved Ikaruga very much but I don't think it can be emulated my Mame or FB Alpha, right ? (Plus, I already have it in Nintendont, Nintendont is awesome :P)
The game I tried that first made me aware of the problem, was Pacman, which isn't a shooter, but Pacman and Ms. Pacman are two popular arcade games that were affected by not being able to rotate the play screen, as well as many more, and now that I fixed it, I couldn't tell you all the other ones affected by it.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ShadowOne333

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys the changes made by @brienj have been merged already, and the current nightlies now have the changes added to them. :)
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/24f8503605c3fda9eed33bbe0d6bbaca2df4a3dd

So all of you guys who wanted to try out screen rotation, grab the latest nightly and test it out!
Thanks for letting me know, I'll be uploading these to the appstore. BTW, are they all working, no new problems are there? We don't like uploading non-working versions. Also, do the nightlies have the menu rotation fix too? I'd download and test, but right now I was kind of busy working on something.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DoDonpachi series are brilliant vertical SHMUP'S. Assuming they work on Mame and FBA everything by cave are great vertical shooters to try out.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for letting me know, I'll be uploading these to the appstore. BTW, are they all working, no new problems are there? We don't like uploading non-working versions. Also, do the nightlies have the menu rotation fix too? I'd download and test, but right now I was kind of busy working on something.
I can't test at the moment since I'm at work, but yeah the nightlies *should* have your changes already since they have a more recent build revision than the commit merged by aliaspider for your code.

If anyone can give this a try and report back, that'd be really helpful so that brienj can put the newest nightlies in the app-store.

Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't test at the moment since I'm at work, but yeah the nightlies *should* have your changes already since they have a more recent build revision than the commit merged by aliaspider for your code.

If anyone can give this a try and report back, that'd be really helpful so that brienj can put the newest nightlies in the app-store.
Usually we only really need to test two or three of them, because if that many work, usually the rest are ok. I honestly don't have every ROM for every system to test every single one, but when I find that at least three of them are ok, I assume the rest are ok, but will re-upload any old versions if I am wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr