Homebrew RetroArch Switch

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post what steps you took plz. I would like to get the missing assets in SM64 and Zelda to show :)

so basically i used the updater inside retroarch to download the zip which would normally take super long to extract instead of waiting i then launched nxshell went into the asset folder and extracted it using nxshell still take long but at least you get a progress bar

Reactions: KTroopA

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird, I've had that issue too, and setting the texture filtering to 3-point seems to fix it I guess.

tried this, did nothing. can you post steps please

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so basically i used the updater inside retroarch to download the zip which would normally take super long to extract instead of waiting i then launched nxshell went into the asset folder and extracted it using nxshell still take long but at least you get a progress bar

thanks. what exactly did this restore in SM64 and Zelda in terms of missing assets?

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Weird, I've had that issue too, and setting the texture filtering to 3-point seems to fix it I guess.

Hmm, I’ve noticed that in Mario 64 in-game the coin counter and star counter both don’t show up, in Zelda OoT there is a long pause when accessing the item menu, as well as some graphical glitching, and in Majora’s Mask the title screen is invisible.

Are these known problems with Muppen64Plus, or do I have something configured wrong?
I keep seeing messages about this problem
What are you talking about?
What part counter?
Posting images or videos
It would be easier to understand and identify the problem.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
can anything be done? I remember a rotate screen option in other versions of retroarch in the past

Go to the mame options
Apparently neither mame 2003, or 2003 plus, or fba does not have the option of rotating the screen.
There's a 90° mode tate, that's all about mame 2003

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Before you do, make sure that you have threaded video (video settings) and audio_thread (driver settings) enabled. Also disable framebuffer in Mupen core options. Mario 64 shouldnt have audio stutter with max OC.

Increasing sound latency is always a measure of last resort, which currently shouldnt be needed for any game.

Also coincidently, all things mentioned on the last four pages. :) (But not consolidated so - here you go. :) )

Can't find audio_thread in driver settings....

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone able to help, I'm using the newest nightly (02.12) and whenever I try to load a n64 rom, the system crashes and I have to reboot.
I'm using SX OS built in homebrew browser, trying to run a z64 file

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
What is best? I made poll. Try them all, and tell us. ;)

Probably none - since mupen currently needs almost all the performance it can get.

Texture dithering usually makes sense with N64 roms, but I havent seen an option in the core settings afair. But then I've not looked for it specifically yet. :)

Also, see this: https://forums.libretro.com/t/ideal-visual-settings-for-n64/14617/3

Last edited by notimp,

Link2811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a beta nsp for retroarch for n64 and overclocking, seeing as I have to install an nsp to get full ram hb or retroarch, I'd rather just install retro

Last edited by yusuo,

Sonikkua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Disregard, updating the Muppen64 core fixes the issue with Mario 64 at least.

What part counter?
Posting images or videos

What part counter?
Posting images or videos

All those are not displayed when playing on RetroArch on Switch using the muppen64 plus core.

LEcRynm.jpg

Last edited by Sonikkua,
Reactions: lordelan and KHEOPS

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I download thumbnails for my games on RA and I try any N64 games all my save files no longer work..yet they're still in the core/saves folder? Rom and saves are named the same so idk why that destroys my saves. Tested it a couple times to make sure.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whenever I download thumbnails for my games on RA and I try any N64 games all my save files no longer work..yet they're still in the core/saves folder? Rom and saves are named the same so idk why that destroys my saves. Tested it a couple times to make sure.

I've never had a problem, but in all retroarchs, the second thing I do, after the Exit/ Menu controller mapping, I go to directories, I change
1/bios directory
2/ quicksave
3/ savestate
4/ save config on exit > off
5/ save config ( retroarch config )

I did this on windows, android, and switch never had a problem, the proof is that I copied directly, my directories and retroarch config from my gpdxd android retroarch to my sd switch card, and all my backups work, gba,nes,master system,gba,genesis,n64

So my advice changes the output directory of your savestate and quick save on the sd card....
Is your sd card fat32? Or exfat?

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had a problem, but in all retroarchs, the second thing I do, after the Exit/ Menu controller mapping, I go to directories, I change
1/bios directory
2/ quicksave
3/ savestate
4/ save config on exit > off
5/ save config ( retroarch config )

I did this on windows, android, and switch never had a problem, the proof is that I copied directly, my directories and retroarch config from my gpdxd android retroarch to my sd switch card, and all my backups work, gba,nes,master system,gba,genesis,n64

So my advice changes the output directory of your savestate and quick save on the sd card....
Is your sd card fat32? Or exfat?
Hey thanks for the advice. I'm on exfat. I tried changing those directories. I went to rescan my game folder as some were missing from the list, and it stopped showing all the thumbnails I'd just downloaded and had working. I redownloaded them via retroarch and once again, my oot save file isn't detected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P