Homebrew RetroArch Switch

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So now I'm happy to see that it's progressing, seriously the best Christmas gift for me
Parallel has my preference, and with this good news, I'm happy
:toot:

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@KHEOPS - I also have the no sprite issue on Mortal Combat II x32 (J/U) - regardless of if it is launched via album, or a hbmenu.nsp.

Emulator is picodrive.

md5 of the rom I've tried is a95c0e7c1d35fd42cd2e3eb7b06cb6d0

OC was set to 1.5

Tried a few different emu core settings, but to no avail.

The first thing that comes to mind that could cause a difference is, that I'm on the prerelease version of the new overclockable build - maybe something changed in the official release builds?

Also @zomgugoff - could you maybe provide the md5 hash of the MKII rom, you've reportedly working?

VF and Starwars Arcade (x32) work like a charm, btw. :)

Last edited by notimp,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@KHEOPS - I also have the no sprite issue on Mortal Combat II x32 (J/U) - regardless of if it is launched via album, or a hbmenu.nsp.

Emulator is picodrive.

OC was set to 1.5

The first thing that comes to mind that could cause a difference is, that I'm on the prerelease version of the new overclockable build - maybe something changed in the official release builds?

Also @zomgugoff - could you maybe provide the md5 hash of the MKII rom, you've reportedly working?

That's what I thought....
With advice like that, waste time, remove the sdcard, download a rom, transfer, injected + jig etc....
While I have the best dump that exists, confirmed that it works on real hardware with krikks everdrive flashcard , works on my mamecab xp, win 10 calamity driver on crt tv, then on my gpd xd android.... Anyway, you know what I mean? Thanks notimp, it's time to sort out the names and those who give good and true advice! That's why I asked you to test it, because you're like me...you're testing things relentlessly.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Neh. ;) Sometimes I just throw proverbial stones at a lake and see how many times they skip... Like everyone else. ;)

Well the advantage of the switch is that I can test things directly, my gpdxd tablet on the gbatemp forum, having the fullset, it is quick and easy to test for me, example of the advice , castlevania sotn, I told the guy to try the pbp format, because I know it works, and before answering I checked again, started the game and then answered on gba temp ( reply) after that, no matter how serious it was

I could say that tomb raider1, compilation with demo in pbp doesn't work, like gunners heaven that crashes after character selection, final doom freeze Etc...
Compatibility is not very good for psx.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any chance of getting a port of blue msx or virtual jaguar to the overclocked retroarch. Please and thank you.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for taking this on. :) What kind of performance gains are you expected to get from this "lazy" method?
To answer my own question :P

Quote from Gillou68310
This looks like a good plan! We can set a first goal for Christmas for the lazy implementation, I can definitely assist you to reach this goal. The next goal will be the optimized implementation. Just to be 100% transparent it's hard to estimate what will be the performance gain from the optimized version until it's finished. I just want to warn everybody that the optimized version might not give a huge performance boost. But it's definitely worth the try!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i ended up doing for the assets issue is use nxshell to extract the file and it did make a difference error is gone i am so happy so happy. This has supercharged my switch. So far waver racer both zeldas and super mario all playable for me. The battery drain doesnt seem bad at all either.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To answer my own question :P

Quote from Gillou68310
Its hard to predict.
TL;DR; We will try both ways and pick the "best" way anyway.
It can depend on many factors if there even will be a increase, but I don't want to say we didn't try
Also the "lazy" way is still thousands upon thousands of changes. I hope people don't get that part wrong

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK2 J/U - a95c0e7c1d35fd42cd2e3eb7b06cb6d0
MK2 E - 9d258d11fe1e4cac2c1aab370c35e57a
Kolibri - 6af6207b1e67072a9104178130c61712
Tempo - 30989c83d4e4ea3c35a1f3e2620b8465

Emulator is picodrive.

OC was set to 1.5

Reactions: notimp

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
What i ended up doing for the assets issue is use nxshell to extract the file and it did make a difference error is gone i am so happy so happy. This has supercharged my switch. So far waver racer both zeldas and super mario all playable for me. The battery drain doesnt seem bad at all either.

Can you post what steps you took plz. I would like to get the missing assets in SM64 and Zelda to show :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although @SylverReZ my throat feels normal now