Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Use DSP Firmware Dumper.

To avoid double post:

Using latest build: If the bottom screen is turned off, when using the button combination to return to HBL, the bottom screen remains off until opening the system from sleep mode.
Also, when using the DSP driver, returning to gameplay from RetroArch menu crashes.
And, I wonder now how do you use the DSP dumped file on Retroarch? And/or why is it for?

Edit: NVM... I found the answer and nothing useful with some *Hax2.5 already running!

Last edited by fmkid,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone cares to discuss general Retroarch stuff including game compatibility, settings, etc. please let me know in PM. This way we don't get chastised for clogging up the thread. Thank you.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following the thread for a while and I tried reading through the last few pages, but I'm seeing a lot of different things. Seems cia files have been experiencing a lot of freezing? And with this new dsp, is there really any benefit to getting it going? I see I need to dump it from an installed title, but since I have my 3ds setup to auto boot rxTools, I don't really have an easy way to run the HBL any longer. Also can anyone tell me how pcsx is doing now? It's the only emulator I'm really waiting for improvements on, as all of the others run great for me so far.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
As is claimed a few pages before,Retroarch 3DS now support argument for 3dsx version,which means your can make custom shortcuts to boot into certain roms directly. I tried on myself,it works. Here is a sample xml code for the new feature.

Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/gpsp_libretro/gpsp_libretro.3dsx</executable>
    <icon>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/gpsp_libretro/gpsp_libretro.smdh</icon>
    <arg>/roms/gba/1.gba</arg>
</shortcut>

Using argument to force 2048 emulator to load anything will actually make the 2048 emulator work(40FPS on n3ds though).

Last edited by pdapanda,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Interesting... And, about this you said, how do you do that?
Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/2048_libretro/2048_libretro.3dsx</executable>
</shortcut>

Perform like this

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/2048_libretro/2048_libretro.3dsx</executable>
</shortcut>

Perform like this
Really cool! :yay:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would like to see Virtual Boy get sped up a bit. For the longest time, it seems it is only able to go to 19-24FPS. Other Cores get Fixed and Sped up, but VB stays the same for some reason
Same here.
I try booting up Wonderswan VB with each nightly hoping to see some FPS increase.
But nothing out of the 19-24 FPS range. u.u

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As is claimed a few pages before,Retroarch 3DS now support argument for 3dsx version,which means your can make custom shortcuts to boot into certain roms directly. I tried on myself,it works. Here is a sample xml code for the new feature.

Code:
<shortcut>
    <executable>/gridlauncher/folders/Emulators/gpsp_libretro/gpsp_libretro.3dsx</executable>
</shortcut>

Using argument to force 2048 emulator to load anything will actually make the 2048 emulator work(40FPS on n3ds though).

Nice! This also works as a quick fix for the 11-16 Arcade core's boot hangup (just don't forget to add the "targets selectable" portion from the existing arcade xml).

Last edited by Sir_Voe,

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
VukdcVX.png
YIkJ7mh.png
BN06tt6.png
Here are the screenshots for 2048 core.

Last edited by pdapanda,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a reason why PocketSnes hasn't been added to the main build yet? Not a complaint, just curious about what the reason is. Is it because of the sound issues?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a reason why PocketSnes hasn't been added to the main build yet? Not a complaint, just curious about what the reason is. Is it because of the sound issues?
My bet goes into saying that it is because it is still an early build and is still in test stages.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably. Unfortunately plenty of sounds are broken (they produce static sounds). I love how its 60 FPS most of the time (n3ds) but I know I can't play it if basic sounds won't play correctly at times.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, guys: I set up gpsp on my husband's n3ds and it keeps kicking back the error: "Does not have enough samples for moniter refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames." It then freezes and we have to restart the 3ds.

It's from the Nov. 14 build, and it's being run on a N3DS on 10.3 through Ironhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...