ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Nice! Glad it's working properly for you.
Yes, it's great! Thank you very much!
Could you tell me (or send me) what PIL package are you using? I have pillow, but I get an error when 'PIL import _imaging as core'.

Also, more screenshots! These are NOT final translations, only my experiments!

Chapter names:
19.bmp
20.bmp

Save menu:
21.bmp
22.bmp

Choices in court:
23.bmp

Buttons:
24.bmp
25.bmp
26.bmp

Written evidences:
27.bmp

Reactions: DSoryu

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
These are looking really good already.

Could you tell me (or send me) what PIL package are you using? I have pillow, but I get an error when 'PIL import _imaging as core'.

I just followed the instructions here to install the package with pip:
http://pillow.readthedocs.org/installation.html

If you have an old version of Pillow installed already you may need to use:
"pip install Pillow --upgrade"

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
These are looking really good already.
I just followed the instructions here to install the package with pip:
http://pillow.readthedocs.org/installation.html

If you have an old version of Pillow installed already you may need to use:
"pip install Pillow --upgrade"
Now it's working, thanks!

Edit: More screenshots:

Names:
28.bmp
29.bmp
30.bmp
31.bmp
32.bmp

Joint reasoning title and conclusion (needs some size adjustment)
33.bmp

Last edited by Pottty,

GSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work so far! I'm still hopeful Capcom will localize the game, but in the event we wind up with another GK2 situation, it's good to see the ball get rolling.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wow! This is actually happening! If you need any editing images or getting them translated, I'd love to lend a hand! (Won't know how to insert or dump them, but I can edit!)
Sorry for not replying earlier, but I totally forgot after I saw the arcUnpack and arcRepack.
Thank you for your offer, but I can handle image editing, I started my fantranslation carrier as a manga editor (hah, good old times...)

SuperAJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for not replying earlier, but I totally forgot after I saw the arcUnpack and arcRepack.
Thank you for your offer, but I can handle image editing, I started my fantranslation carrier as a manga editor (hah, good old times...)
That's OK, and no worries! (thanks for the response!) I can't wait to see the results of this project! If things are piling up, send me a PM. I'll be willing to lend a hand!

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since the names have a pun to it, it would be cool if you could transfer that. Obvious names as Naruhodo should be translated and not left like this if you ask me *shrug*

Reactions: Arras

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ASougi!! This sond much funny in portuguese LOL sounds like "açogue" that means butchery :v

Anyway XD What about the graphics, will need me for this? o3o

Since the names have a pun to it, it would be cool if you could transfer that. Obvious names as Naruhodo should be translated and not left like this if you ask me *shrug*
I think that explaining the pun is better ... because there are no sense a japanese guy from eldery Japan named Annie Thingson :v I don't know why wester have this big desite of " westerning" everything ... one of the best anime dub we have in Brazil (Yuyu Hakusho) They localized everything to be much "in home" for brazilians, without taking any character from japan or changing any name to " common on Brazil" or chaging story lines, different from all localization Usa does, I don't know why it's to dificult from them :v this is wgy I call USA/western localization " shitty work", some take me wrong... is not that they shoudn't do that or your culture is shit, but to do it right lol like they did with yuyuhakusho here ... Anyway, let the localization for the official translation, if come any, they are paid for doing this anyway xp

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
I improved arcUnpack and arcRepack a bit more:

https://github.com/FrozenFish24/TurnaboutTools

For whatever reason some files are stored uncompressed in the arc files so the unpacker script now records the compression level used on each file so it can match the original archives more closely.

I ran some tests, and out of the 182 arc files in the "archive" folder only 18 files don't come out 100% identical after being unpacked then repacked, and out of those all but 3 still come out the same size as the original files. I assume this is down to CAPCOM's tools using an older version of zlib or a different compressor entirely.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think that explaining the pun is better ... because ...
juan said he don't know how he would PUNslate the names and I really hate when translators change the names and/or plot of something, so I think we stick with the originals.
But we can explain them, I worked out how to do TL noted.
39.bmp

I improved arcUnpack and arcRepack a bit more...

Sweet, you doing a great job!

only 18 files don't come out 100% identical after being unpacked then repacked...

Could you tell me some of these 18 files name maybe? I would test them repacked in game.

Also, it is "normal" to get these kind of errors with TEXporter, or there is still a problem with my python?
Code:
TEXporting: C:\Users\Pottty\Desktop\TurnaboutTools-master\TEXporter\title_scenario_00_BM_NOMIP.tex

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Pottty\Desktop\TurnaboutTools-master\TEXporter\TEXporter.py", line 100, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Users\Pottty\Desktop\TurnaboutTools-master\TEXporter\TEXporter.py", line 64, in main
    print('Unknown format, ' + type)
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
juan said he don't know how he would PUNslate the names and I really hate when translators change the names and/or plot of something, so I think we stick with the originals.
well, fan traslation would be fan translation, not " alternative loalization" xD else it would look like this .. argh

Anyway, can I help with editing graphics? o3o

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, it is "normal" to get these kind of errors with TEXporter, or there is still a problem with my python?
Oops, that is a bug, but it's only stopping the script from telling you it can't convert the texture. I committed a fix to GitHub.

These are the offending archives:
chr060_jpn.arc
chr061_jpn.arc
chr201_jpn.arc
chr202_jpn.arc
chr206_jpn.arc
chr207_jpn.arc
chr302_jpn.arc
chr316_jpn.arc
chr412_jpn.arc
place0211_jpn.arc
place1200_jpn.arc
place1500_jpn.arc
snd_court_jpn.arc
snd_script_1_jpn.arc
snd_script_2_jpn.arc
snd_script_4_jpn.arc
snd_script_5_jpn.arc
snd_script_jpn.arc

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Anyway, can I help with editing graphics? o3o
Thanks for the offer, sorry for not replying, somehow these thing fell out of my mind. -.- I'm pretty familiar with Photoshop, I can handle the editing.
I saw that video.. xD

These are the offending archives:
Well, I hardly think these archives will be ever modified by us, but I tested the game with the repacked sound archives (snd_*) anyway, I didn't have any problems at all.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Well not every change is for the worse. Did you know that there are ocassions where the original creators ask the translators to actually do that?
Plus being a purist works for the translator since he has the whole context, but from a user point of view: A person with some japanese knowledge will think "Naruhodo? Well that could've been fixed." It's not a common Japanese Name after all, while it misleads the user without Japanese knowledge because he'll miss something the original creators build in to amuse the player. In other words: By NOT fixing this you TAKE something from the experience of the gamer, that the Japanese players got to experience. But those are just my two cents.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well not every change is for the worse. Did you know that there are ocassions where the original creators ask the translators to actually do that?
Plus being a purist works for the translator since he has the whole context, but from a user point of view: A person with some japanese knowledge will think "Naruhodo? Well that could've been fixed." It's not a common Japanese Name after all, while it misleads the user without Japanese knowledge because he'll miss something the original creators build in to amuse the player. In other words: By NOT fixing this you TAKE something from the experience of the gamer, that the Japanese players got to experience. But those are just my two cents.
well for something that change obiousy looking japan to Los Angeles I can't believe this case is to try share the same experience XD we talked about this before on skype, don't we? lol I can understand some things is necessary but some other even look xenphobic :v idk I don't wnat to be too purist but one thing I really love since as Kid in a history is where it take place, time and place , even if fictional and mixed this is a fine thing ... if you are watching a movie about samurai on Meji era, having someone on and greek armor and named Carlito (randon name, Carlitos of the world, don't get mad with me) don't make sense, right? (Unless it was an crazy comedy).
Maybe because I'm totally not used to localized games to portuguese in my country and having to know good english to get some jokes(Took me ages to get what the hell was " Harvest moon", for me " Farm tales" would be great :B sme people enjoy this game but don't know what is a harvest moon because their english level ) or even understanding a game I don't see an total need to change TOO MUCH , is like I told about the Yuyuhakusho, they did a great job leting the place in japan, the names japaneses but they talking like brazilians, without chaching history or theclassic (anbridged series) :v
I don't wnat to strat and discussion about localization here, and want to say that I respect your diferent pinion so don't get it bad please :x I don't respect some changes they do actually XDDD and sorry for all this much x3x

and if you have patience for more :v
One ting I wanted to tell out that was totally "WTF WHY THEY ARE DOING THAT" for me is with pokemon .. ok since I strated too see how the western is different to the original this hit me ..
Anyway, they started doing someting that " helps the globalization of the series" that is using an crazy alphabeth instead japanese in sign, book, screen, basically for what I got it's just charactersto replace the alphabeth...
ok but we have some problens like keeping using english even with this on lol but the main problem
1 they made it because " showing japanese for western childrens is complicated they won't understand, so with an fictional language it would be ok to don't let signs blank (yay 4kids feels) or translate to every language... ok but WESTERN CHILDREN STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND THINK ITS JAPANESE SINCE THEY KNOW THE SERIES COME FROM JAPAN
So why was showing japanese a problem from start!? it would also be helpful if the kid find out he wants to learn japanese, but instead he will be frustrated for nor being what he saw on the Tv/game, he could learn this alphabeth as curiosity but he will find out it was written "matadogasu no waza" and don't get a shit.... argh these localization guys make me crazy =3=
one thing I loved in pokemon (that had until HGSS) is this " world idea" that there where japan and there are place on europe with their own pokemon but wasn't shwn ingame yet and could be done someday... but they started doing it " too international" and lost this taste .. even still having regions based on USA or europe, they aren't doing things that they would do before like more "taste" of teh region (like I told about the samurai movie), currencies, even in only the money name just for it , and stuff xp

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great, that tool provided was really neat, I'm now able to load some tex files from Dual Destinies as well, but some of them may end corrupted or unreadable for some reason, loke the poster above me said.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I hardly think these archives will be ever modified by us, but I tested the game with the repacked sound archives (snd_*) anyway, I didn't have any problems at all.
Good to hear

Hello friends,
I have a new translation project acce atorney dual destinies in Spanish and this worked very cool , but TEXporter.py not work with all files .tex

I would be very grateful if you help my

pd:I enclose a .tex file
https://mega.nz/#!8Yo3HDAC!GbPh5E0X5qts-_zMg6q7tgUxX605BgAVj_ZK8DNavpk

Great, that tool provided was really neat, I'm now able to load some tex files from Dual Destinies as well, but some of them may end corrupted or unreadable for some reason, loke the poster above me said.

TEXporter is still very much a work in progress. It only supports a subset of .tex files at the moment and there is no support for reinsertion at all. Not all .tex files store their data in the same way and it looks like there may be upwards of 18 different texture formats I need to support.

mrichston

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the offer, sorry for not replying, somehow these thing fell out of my mind. -.- I'm pretty familiar with Photoshop, I can handle the editing.

Good luck for the project! I might have been able to help graphics editing too,
since I edited most of the graphics in AAI2 project. It's a big project, so one
person wouldn't need to take care of every picture.

And I hope you'll be able to turn this 90 degrees or atleast don't have two letters in one row,
if turning is not possible.
20.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: