ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I might be wrong, but I'm wondering if the textboxes are adjusted to japanese characters and might need adjustement to fit in more english characters for the translations.
Kudos to you for making this work, I am excited and glad to see that an english translation of this game is definitely possible soon after its release. Thank you.
I'm not sure we can adjust anything about the text box or font size, but we can easily add more pages (by page I mean a text box). Actually with my experimental script above I inserted 8 new page between the first and second page of the game.

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure we can adjust anything about the text box or font size, but we can easily add more pages (by page I mean a text box). Actually with my experimental script above I inserted 8 new page between the first and second page of the game.
There should not be a problem by adding more pages (we're doing this in FE:if, too :P )

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble using the tools, but it seems like they're working pretty well. It's taking forever though, and I don't know how to set up a translation plugin (I've been repacking and installing as a CIA for the past hour), similar to the one for FE: IF. I just finished trading my 2DS for a New 3DS XL on 9.0, so I think NTR CFW would work well for this. Anyone know how to set up a translation plugin? I'm new to all this.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I'll probably send some pictures later today, I'm still setting up everything before I start heavy translating.

Last edited by juan_3579,

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Having trouble using the tools, but it seems like they're working pretty well. It's taking forever though, and I don't know how to set up a translation plugin (I've been repacking and installing as a CIA for the past hour), similar to the one for FE: IF. I just finished trading my 2DS for a New 3DS XL on 9.0, so I think NTR CFW would work well for this. Anyone know how to set up a translation plugin? I'm new to all this.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I'll probably send some pictures later today, I'm still setting up everything before I start heavy translating.

Translation plugin? I never thought the runtime game modding is actually working. I just rebuild the rom as a .3ds after every script change... It's not the best solution................
So, what trouble do you have with the 'tools'? (Apart from the plugin thing, I know nothing about that.)

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation plugin? I never thought the runtime game modding is actually working. I just rebuild the rom as a .3ds after every script change... It's not the best solution................
So, what trouble do you have with the 'tools'? (Apart from the plugin thing, I know nothing about that.)

Oh, I don't have a way to load edited 3DS ROMs at the moment so using the plugin (similar to the one used for the Fire Emblem translation right now) is better to load any changes really quick.

The .gmd program is very laggy on my PC, makes it somewhat hard to edit the text. Your posts earlier helped a lot though, made the program easier to use.

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using NTR_CFW + LayeredFS :D
Just need to copy the modified files to SD and they'll be loaded while Gameboot

Reactions: DSoryu

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm back again with some more great findings!
First of all, text can overflow, the engine is not smart enough to start new lines.
Code:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooong teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext fooooooooooooooooor one line......<E023><PAGE>
08.jpg

Than, I successfully froze the game with this two line:
Code:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeven moooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiidth twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees on a paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeee..<E023><PAGE>
So the character limit is 120-ish.

I found out, we can set text size with a simple SIZE tag.
Code:
<SIZE 22>size test<E023><PAGE>
09.jpg

Code:
<SIZE 8>size test 2<E023><PAGE>
10.jpg

Code:
<SIZE 1>size test 3<E023><PAGE>
11.jpg

Code:
Three line
on a
page!<E023><PAGE>
12.jpg
As you can see on the last image, if I don't set the size, it uses the prevision setting, even on a new page.

So we can write 3 lines on a page. thou it's a little bit small.
Code:
<SIZE 8>So with this, we can easily write
a long monologue with three lines on a
page, whitch is a fantastic thing, if you ask me!<E023><PAGE>
13.jpg

And last, I found out what is the problem with the pronunciation kana thingy, it can only write kana on the top.
Code:
<CNTR><RUBY><RB><E008>text</RB><RT><E007>のtxtの</RT></RUBY><E023><PAGE>
14.jpg

NoNo.png

I you の what I mean =D

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
great! :D
This will be great to create a Fan Translation of this Game :)
Will start with it, too after we've finished FE:if :)

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Calling for help: I don't have a lot of experience with cracking unknown file formats, so I can't do anything with these .arc and .tex files.
So, if someone could make tools to unpack and repack them, that would be very appreciated, and we could translate the game's UI too.
Sample files here: Click me!

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
NTR CFW 3.0 = Painless translations. It's great.
sLywJtD.png

O92ADCC.png

The actual font used is not the greatest thing for english speaking baka gaijins, sadly. Well, the font can be easily changed...if it weren't for the fact that it is compressed behind a .tex file.

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR CFW 3.0 = Painless translations. It's great.
sLywJtD.png

O92ADCC.png

The actual font used is not the greatest thing for english speaking baka gaijins, sadly. Well, the font can be easily changed...if it weren't for the fact that it is compressed behind a .tex file.

That's so awesome! How did you set it up with NTR? My game won't boot, even in clean mode on my New 3DS on 9.0 FW. How about the font? I need a font like that because it'll help with my current translation progress. Once I can get the game to run via NTR, I'll post screenshots of my translation (I haven't been able to test ANY of my translations because I can't get NTR to boot the game, and this worries me because of the character length).

Edit: I'm using NTR 2.2, does 3.0 fix the boot issue? Not home yet so can't test it.

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I use NTR CFW 3.0 and layeredFS to patch the files. I also use a gateway, but a CIA or a gamecard should work just fine.

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I also got NTR 3.0 to boot my copy of the game. I made the plugin with layeredFS, but I don't know what files to place on SD to load the translated data.

Reyolcan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, this is quite an interesting project since I love the Ace Attorney games. Sadly I don't know if I'll be of any help since I don't have the correct firmware on my 3DS to be able to do things like decrypting (seeing those scripts would help me a lot in my playthrough of the game but I can't get those xorpads thingies)

Anyway good luck and if I do can help on anything just say.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Nice, I also got NTR 3.0 to boot my copy of the game. I made the plugin with layeredFS, but I don't know what files to place on SD to load the translated data.
Well, when you made the plugin, you specified the folder, where it can load the files. Make that folder on you card, that is considered the romfs, so you make the "script" and in that the "_output" folders, than you copy the english scripts here, for example the "_sce00_c000_0001_jpn.gmd" for the beginning of the first episode to be english.

juan_3579

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you made the plugin, you specified the folder, where it can load the files. Make that folder on you card, that is considered the romfs, so you make the "script" and in that the "_output" folders, than you copy the english scripts here, for example the "_sce00_c000_0001_jpn.gmd" for the beginning of the first episode to be english.

Thank you so much for that. I just placed the GMD in the folder and nothing happened when the game loaded (besides the green flashing at the 3DS logo). Now I can start testing my rough translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8