Gaming Replace Cartridges with PSN+ games?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 32 gig card, so the first order of business is to have all my PSN+ games to be brought over to the card. However as I restored the card from my backup of a smaller card, it has data for some of these games (like Gravity Rush) that I own the cartridge.

What is the easy way to

a. Ensure that I am keeping my save files
b. Deleting the "cartridge game"
c. Replacing with PSN+ version?

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
What you want to do will not be possible. Saves for the cartridge version cannot be moved over to the PSN version or vice versa.

TCRe

Bright Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
What you want to do will not be possible. Saves for the cartridge version cannot be moved over to the PSN version or vice versa.
In some cases they can,

If you have PS+ you can upload all your saves to the cloud and then delete the game data from your cards, then download the digital version and restore your save from the cloud and BOOM.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't work for some games, but for the games that work, the digital version should merge with the retail version's 'bubble'.
With a bit of googling, I found that someone posted a compatibility list, although it's been a month since they last updated it.

EDIT: Gah, that list is for PS3. Just a moment while I look for one for Vita.
EDIT2: Can't seem to find one, although if a compatible retail game saves to the cartridge, the Vita offers to overwrite the digital save with the retail save. Also keep in mind that if you do this, there will be no way to delete the digital version without deleting the save file.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Gravity Rush and Wipeout worked fine... Weird. I was worried about losing my saves. The cheapest place to get the 32 gig card is J&R right now, around $80, and you can get most brick and mortars to price match.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone