Hacking Vita game stores save data on cartridge?

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that for the most part Vita games store their save data on the system. However I have one title that seemingly stores it on the cartridge itself. However I cannot find out how to delete this save file. I ripped the cart using Vitashell and I cannot seem to find the exact save data on the cart. Any ideas? And yes I have looked under data management and everything. The data disappears the second the cart is removed and cannot be deleted from that page. I have checked the user savedata folder on nand and it is not even listed there.

Basically the main goal here is to delete the save data that is stored on the cartridge. There is no option ingame and this is screwing stuff up.

Last edited by Ryab,

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
quote from gamefaq
There are games that save to the cart and wont be deleated if the Cart is not in the Vita when the bubble is deleated. Then for the game that save to the MC. Those games also require the game cart to be deleated. Its usually the Digital games that deleated the save file at the same time you delete the bubble. so its possible the save data is tied to the title in some other way rather than conventional metods, maybe to stop save scumming, depending on the title, like pokemon games not allowing more than one save

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote from gamefaq
There are games that save to the cart and wont be deleated if the Cart is not in the Vita when the bubble is deleated. Then for the game that save to the MC. Those games also require the game cart to be deleated. Its usually the Digital games that deleated the save file at the same time you delete the bubble. so its possible the save data is tied to the title in some other way rather than conventional metods, maybe to stop save scumming, depending on the title, like pokemon games not allowing more than one save
I found a method to delete it actually. So the save file will obviously not appear in VitaShell. And when going into data management it will just be grayed out. However if you insert the cartidge and try and uninstall the title from the Vita home menu it will delete the save data. As to why this is the only method I do not know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts