Hacking [Released] Method For Dumping BootROM/boot0.bin/OTP Key for Wii U

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So someone please tell me exactly what does this mean?. We can run ISO's etc.. USB Media on WiiU?
Similar to the bootrom dumper before, its a good step for devs but has no advantage for end users until the entire WiiU exploit procedure is complete. Also, the file generated by the homebrew in question here, "otp_ppc.bin", is the same for everyone's WiiU and does not need to be redumped anymore. its already been posted on ps3hax. Since the leak serves no other purpose other than to anger the talented dev who created it, the better idea is not to publicize it any further.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Not too much it covers the boot function for the wiiu portion of the system. The next big task would be getting the starbuck dumped and decrypted

Thanks. I'm sure everything will be explained in thorough details when it happens but I can just about touch it now!

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys know this whole "leak" thing always happens.... Its just a step forward for us, and who knows if the guy was ever going to release anything.... The new fad seems to be keeping it secret forever.

Similar to the bootrom dumper before, its a good step for devs but has no advantage for end users until the entire WiiU exploit procedure is complete. Also, the file generated by the homebrew in question here, "otp_ppc.bin", is the same for everyone's WiiU and does not need to be redumped anymore. its already been posted on ps3hax.
Can we modify it to dump anything else?

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's a dead end because its vWii mode.

But its the wiiu portions bootrom. Though the otp_ppc.bin is the same on every console the Boot0 and actual bootrom are different. but these files handle the startup process in general which is a good step in the right direction

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
But its the wiiu portions bootrom. Though the otp_ppc.bin is the same on every console the Boot0 and actual bootrom are different. but these files handle the startup process in general which is a good step in the right direction
bootrom and boot0 are also identical for every wiiu in existence.

(sha-1)
bootrom
3d331b3165f9638c6cd6221702b2f736f7fcf931

boot0
ee28d0be718055423ee79d89889ebe386e5b0c2d

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootrom and boot0 are also identical for every wiiu in existence.

(sha-1)
bootrom
3d331b3165f9638c6cd6221702b2f736f7fcf931

boot0
ee28d0be718055423ee79d89889ebe386e5b0c2d

Well regardless its still not a dead end because if we can dump wiiu files from vwii then we can probably get a hold of the starbuck

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, leaks are always going to move forward. May not be the most "right" direction, but at least it's a direction forward :D

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
So what's the purpose of this exactly? Sorry, I haven't really been paying attention to the scene until recently (Mario Kart 8 came out).

Nothing to end users. As has been said, the file of interest is identical on every console, so only needed to be dumped once. Makes me wonder what the leaker thought they were achieving by releasing the method.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluecrush204 , please remove the link.
For the sake of homebrew.

Geez...the link is fine. The dev only wanted it removed to have it unzipped and his name removed. He is fine with it being reuploaded the way it is now. I've had contact with the dev who's work this is. Everything is cool between him and I. I fixed what he asked me to fix and there's not much either one of us can do outside of that. He planned on making this public anyways, just not the way it was. He also gave me the impression that he didn't plan on doing much work past this anyways as he's moving on to another real job. It's just going to keep getting passed along like it has been. His main concern was that he remain anonymous and that nobody was taking credit for his work, which he now knows, they weren't. Marionumber1 is technically right, this was leaked by the person who made it. He just gave it to somebody he probably shouldn't have.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to end users. As has been said, the file of interest is identical on every console, so only needed to be dumped once. Makes me wonder what the leaker thought they were achieving by releasing the method.

What are the capabilities of having access to these files?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Similar to the bootrom dumper before, its a good step for devs but has no advantage for end users until the entire WiiU exploit procedure is complete. Also, the file generated by the homebrew in question here, "otp_ppc.bin", is the same for everyone's WiiU and does not need to be redumped anymore. its already been posted on ps3hax. Since the leak serves no other purpose other than to anger the talented dev who created it, the better idea is not to publicize it any further.

Thanks for the info. So basically the file will come like the old Wii mods in a boot.elf file which you will use to boot some sort of homebrew app. to boot ISO's of an SD card. Am I about rite on that score?. Will I need to install this vWii homebrew app. eventually, cause I presume your going to have to do it to be able to play back ups from a new developed app.?

Bluecrush204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. So basically the file will come like the old Wii mods in a boot.elf file which you will use to boot some sort of homebrew app. to boot ISO's of an SD card. Am I about rite on that score?. Will I need to install this vWii homebrew app. eventually, cause I presume your going to have to do it to be able to play back ups from a new developed app.?

No its something that only needed to be done once but it will hopefully be a starting point for accessing the wiiu portion for the console, that is if someone steps up to the challenge

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
No its something that only needed to be done once but it will hopefully be a starting point for accessing the wiiu portion for the console, that is if someone steps up to the challenge

No, what I meant was when these files are hacked further you will need vWii to access some sort of boot.elf, cause its going to happen only a matter of time now! Oh I see what you mean, the file only booted once, how does that work then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...