Hacking [Released]Wii U Ancast Keys

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@DinohScene and Foxi4
yeah, after reading up a bit on wiiu security structure I see what you mean. Although this is progress in the since that the public can see for themselves a "small" step toward eventual homebrew, it is nowhere near as big of a release/leak as i first thought. (including the just now released BootROM/boot0.bin/OTP dumper)

D

Deleted User

@DinohScene and Foxi4
yeah, after reading up a bit on wiiu security structure I see what you mean. Although this is progress in the since that the public can see for themselves a "small" step toward eventual homebrew, it is nowhere near as big of a release/leak as i first thought. (including the just now released BootROM/boot0.bin/OTP dumper)

Those files were old to ones who had, and still haven't changed much yet since they managed it, I've seen some people around here that claimed they dumped the bootrom long time ago, but nothing new has been released and Nintendo's been patching that possible exploits although they did not fix the bug that could lead another exploit, anyhow at least that leak showed some proof of work was being done behind the scene, I'm just hoping more to come any time soon.

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that it was "leaked" by the person who made it.

The person who made it, gave it to someone, that someone did not have permission to release it but released it any way., so yes indeed it was a leak, but not a leak by the person who made it.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The only thing that can bring Homebrew to Wii U is an exploit for the browser unless someone finds a different attack vector.

Someone i spoke to said there was already multiple exploits, i didn't ask in detail but the implication was it's not only the browser that is vulnerable.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone i spoke to said there was already multiple exploits, i didn't ask in detail but the implication was it's not only the browser that is vulnerable.

Who is this "someone" and why would he say that without proof? I doubt he's anyone who is even involved, but that's just me.

Well he definitely is involved in Wii-U hacking and he's not involved in homebrew releasing either as far as i know, it's all about a piracy method; you don't even know who or where i'm talking about so i don't know how you can 'doubt' anything he says, you'll just have to take my word for it. I don't want to to say names or places, but really if the browser is vulnerable why would it be the only possible method available? It means that traditional style exploits are able to work..

I believe a piracy method is being made to be a Datel style method that requires an internet connection, but that's just my total guessing. A softmod that requires something to be retrieved from servers to work at all. Because they know even if the homebrew-only people would be able to hack it, they wouldn't want to release the results which would potentially open up the system entirely for free. Like the 3DS, the Gateway has opened it up, homebrew people could release more info and make it free but they aren't going to.

Despite the fact piracy has never killed a system; the PS3, DS, PSP, Wii have all been blown open and pirated the hell out of, but they still sold extremely well, so, that's really a non-issue. It's not about piracy, contrary to what fear-mongering coders say. Internet verification would be asinine, as not all users like myself do not have stable or reliable internet at all. Crediar knows what he's talking about, as does Marionumber1 and I trust what they say. You shouldn't have to verify the exploit/HBC with internet at all, as it would be pointless, you might as well have a non-hacked console if there's gonna be DRM, which is evil in all forms.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Well he definitely is involved in Wii-U hacking and he's not involved in homebrew releasing either as far as i know, it's all about a piracy method; you don't even know who or where i'm talking about so i don't know how you can 'doubt' anything he says, you'll just have to take my word for it. I don't want to to say names or places, but really if the browser is vulnerable why would it be the only possible method available? It means that traditional style exploits are able to work..

I believe a piracy method is being made to be a Datel style method that requires an internet connection, but that's just my total guessing. A softmod that requires something to be retrieved from servers to work at all. Because they know even if the homebrew-only people would be able to hack it, they wouldn't want to release the results which would potentially open up the system entirely for free. Like the 3DS, the Gateway has opened it up, homebrew people could release more info and make it free but they aren't going to.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, the only attack vector we have is the web browser, simply because we don't have access to other stuff like savedata which requires a USB drive and the wii u encrypts it with a key we don't have yet when it formats it.
Maybe possibly when we have access to all the data we can find other ways but for now we're stuck with the web browser. At least, in terms of softmods. Hardware stuff is an entirely different realm (and IMO is kinda cheating, it's no fun when all you have to do is solder some chip onto your wii u and it magically works, you gotta find a bug in the software and then figure out how to use it :P)

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
giving it to someone else was actually a leak by the person who made it

That's possibly the dumbest crap i ever heard, letting someone try something in private is not leaking it >.<
The person you let try it, posting it in public without permission, is the leaker...

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
People go apeshit about the smallest things as usual.

The vWii ancast key is useless all the things it can decrypt you already could decrypt by loading them into memory and letting the PPC decrypt them for you and then just dump the memory.

The Wii U ancast key is useless until you also have the Wii U common key BUT even then all you could do is decrypt stuff it doesn't magically give you any exploits, though it will certainly make it easier to find them since you can look at the code that is running.

While this is certainly a great achievement from a hacking point of view this doesn't mean much for the common user.

So no piracy or homebrew will happen due this anytime soon.

Also from what've seen so far a Homebrew only hack might actually happen this time.

so.. would dumping and then writing/sending data to the RAM be theoretically possible in future? (then we could create cheats/codes already)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill