Homebrew [Release] Zelda ROTH for 3ds

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game uses the Y key for the selected item because moving the thumb from b to y during battles is more natural. This is the best solution IMHO.

Ps: today in the launch break I made the first build of Zelda Oni. It crashes after the story intro, but it's a good starting point for only a couple hours of work

D

Deleted-236924

I agree that Y is better for using selected item. That's what the original ALttP used, and I really want the control scheme for this to stick to the original SNES ALttP, as much as we possibly can without it causing underisable side-effects. :)

Liambass

Trophies
XP
Country
It's referring to the X on the touch screen in the item selection menu. It's basically instructing you to press the X button to use the selected item even though the button was changed to Y in 1.0.

Yeah, this is what I'm referring to.

I'll change it in Y in the github sources But it's not worh a new build only for this.

I completely agree, no need for a new build just for that it's not a big deal, just thought I'd flag it up for if a when you do make another build.

I thought you had changed it to Y = Gloves and X = Use selected item, though :o

Isn't that what it was originally and they got swapped in v1.0?

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@nop90 It would be possible to create a cia installation file may be installed on the Gateway ?
A cia file is already present in the zip.

I don't create 3ds versions of my projects because I can't test them and I don't like Gateway.

But if someone wants, converting from cia should be easy.

Last edited by nop90,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
A cia file is already present in the zip.

I don't create 3ds versions of my projects because I can't test them and I don't like Gateway.

But if someone wants, converting from cia should be easy.
It would be possible to add a cheats menu in the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game running perfectly Gateway 3ds :bow:

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they already have French, English, Spanish and German available, so Italian is the only missing one.

The French version is top-notch; I can't speak for the Spanish and German translations, though.
Might have to find people who are fluent in Spanish/German to look back over the translation. The English one was made by a French person who didn't have very good English. :P

Releasing it in different languages shouldn't be too difficult, a simple text replacement (or even just replacing the source files with the translated ones and compiling.) Unless you wanted it to be just one homebrew with language selection?

Also don't forget to go back through the source code to change it so it refers to the 3DS's buttons when you receive new items :P because I may try and guess what button assignments you would use, but I may be wrong.
German was better than the English. Not the best translation however.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to tell on the site, can you give a timeline for these games? I want to try them but not sure where to start.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the items now, but I can't figure out how to blow up the wall in front of the ice temple. It's clearly bombable but it's in the water so I can't use bombs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!