Homebrew Official [Release] WUPInstaller (added safety)

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just get the error 0xFFBF442 whenever I try installing to USB. It's already formatted and I removed any inserted disc.

pipostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i try to install mario party 10 eur (00050000-10162E00)

i tried different source (nusgrabber and other site) and different sd card. I have always an error. Same effects with some other title.
I succeed with 4 titles

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to decrypt the game with Cdecrypt or JNUSTool and see if there's any issue, like incomplete .app, or checksum issue while decrypting, etc.
redownload the bad .app file

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try to decrypt the game with Cdecrypt or JNUSTool and see if there's any issue, like incomplete .app, or checksum issue while decrypting, etc.
redownload the bad .app file

How will I know if some file is wrong? Because it seems like my files are all correct for Puyo Puyo. Yet I still get error 0xFFFFF825. I've gotten lucky, and been able to install bigger games such as Smash and DK, but most of my downloads from utikdownloader don't work, and end in error 0xFFFFF825.

I'm getting pretty tired of trying to fix this, I don't know what else to do other than spend another dozen hours redownloading my games until they work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use WiiU USB Download helper program, it will check your downloaded files while downloading the game to be sure they are good. (it decrypts them temporarily in memory in background to see if all can be decrypted correctly)

If not, like I said you can try with Cdecrypt, or JNUSTool to decrypt the .app manually and see if you get any errors.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you use WiiU USB Download helper program, it will check your downloaded files while downloading the game to be sure they are good. (it decrypts them temporarily in memory in background to see if all can be decrypted correctly)

If not, like I said you can try with Cdecrypt, or JNUSTool to decrypt the .app manually and see if you get any errors.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant how would I know if something's wrong using JNUSTool? I noticed during decryption that occasionally the text box would say "Downloading:" instead of "Decrypting", does this indicate that I was missing files? Or does JNUSTool always download files when decrypting a game that's stored locally on a drive?

EDIT: I just tested it, and games that are complete shouldn't say "Downloading" only "Decrypting" in JNUSTool's decrypting mode. So after it downloaded the missing files, I reencrypted and it installed fine.

For the record, I also tried importing my games into Wii U USB Helper and redownloading the game. It sucessfully downloaded only the missing files, saving me the trouble of having to redownload the entire game. Additionally, it's a lot more user-friendly and takes a lot less time. Never going to use utikdownloader again.

Last edited by godstriker8,

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if the question is dumb or already answered but I have the 3 Mario Kart DLCs already installed, they work fine with the game disc. If I install the game on the internal memory with wupinstaller, will they still work? (I'd like to avoid using a cfw to use my payd DLCs if possible)
Thanks a lot!

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if the question is dumb or already answered but I have the 3 Mario Kart DLCs already installed, they work fine with the game disc. If I install the game on the internal memory with wupinstaller, will they still work? (I'd like to avoid using a cfw to use my payd DLCs if possible)
Thanks a lot!

Yes they will still work, DLC are tied to the console (or NN account)
Be sure to use sigpatches to install a full game :)

Reactions: xem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E