Homebrew Official [Release] WUPInstaller (added safety)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should be able to. Though if worst comes to worst (it does require a ticket to install) your Wii U should reject the file without installing it. Who would've thought the lack of an IOSU exploit would've actually been handy?
isnt the mercedes benz just an update? there is no dlc if i recall it just included on the update.

D

Deleted User

isnt the mercedes benz just an update? there is no dlc if i recall it just included on the update.
i'm pretty sure is DLC and not part of an update, i remeber seen it on the E-shop.
I'm pretty sure that the actual data for the Mercedes pack was included in an update, but was enabled via a 512KB DLC download. Either way, as long as it doesn't require a ticket (which it shouldn't, as it is all free) you should have no trouble installing it. The Zelda and Animal Crossing packs are a different matter, unfortunately.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
free titles still requires a ticket, but they are provided.
look in NUSGrabber generated folder, when you download "version.bin" or any game updates for example, a generic (non console-specific) title.tik is included.
that generic ticket is not a common ticket for all titles, it's still tied to that title, but just not tied to a specific console.

@NexoCube:
Like said by few developers, you shouldn't rename a project and make it as your own.
You modded an existing homebrew, it's not yours. it's a modded one.

at best, you should name it "Homebrew name vxxx by xxxxxx mod by xxxxx"
example, WUP installer v1.0 by Crediar, HBL mod by Dimok, free title installer mod by Nexocube"
or the other way :
Wup installer - xxx mod1.0 by Nexocube, based on WUP Installer HBL version v1.0 by Dimok.

The "xxx" part should be a name of your mod, because there could be multiple mods by multiple users, and calling it "mod1" is not representative to what your mod is doing. for example "free title installer mod 01"

also, you should branch it from the existing sources and not create a new repository like if it was your own sources and project.

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not that it didn't work.
What he did back then was just remove the while list and said "you can install anything without the whitelist", and people thought they could install pirated games they didn't bought from eshop with it, except that non-free Titles downloaded using NUSGrabber don't come with a ticket. so it gave an error because the ticket was missing.

I removed his old version because he just removed the whiltelist protection, which would allow users to install system title or even dev unit tools on a non dev console, which was very dangerous and could brick user's console.

This time he kept the system title filtering, which is better.
There's probably a check if the ticket is present or not before installing (I didn't check the new modded sources yet)

Next step would be to add features instead of removing protection :P
For example :
- do not auto-install at launch
- Add sub-folder support
- display a list of available sub-folders (by name for example)
- allow user to select which sub-folder to install
- install multiple sub-folder at the same time (one after the other) before rebooting/exiting.

doing that would "maybe" allow system update using WUP installer as it would install multiple files instead of a single one.
that's only a supposition, I don't know if anyone tested that yet.

Thanks for the interesting reply, i might add that in the future updates :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

free titles still requires a ticket, but they are provided.
look in NUSGrabber generated folder, when you download "version.bin" or any game updates for example, a generic (non console-specific) title.tik is included.
that generic ticket is not a common ticket for all titles, it's still tied to that title, but just not tied to a specific console.

@NexoCube:
Like said by few developers, you shouldn't rename a project and make it as your own.
You modded an existing homebrew, it's not yours. it's a modded one.

at best, you should name it "Homebrew name vxxx by xxxxxx mod by xxxxx"
example, WUP installer v1.0 by Crediar, HBL mod by Dimok, free title installer mod by Nexocube"
or the other way :
Wup installer - xxx mod1.0 by Nexocube, based on WUP Installer HBL version v1.0 by Dimok.

The "xxx" part should be a name of your mod, because there could be multiple mods by multiple users, and calling it "mod1" is not representative to what your mod is doing. for example "free title installer mod 01"

also, you should branch it from the existing sources and not create a new repository like if it was your own sources and project.

I didn't mean to :/

I really need to give more credits :/

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how to install a DLC with WUP installer? should i have to download the DLC through the PC or just enter WUP installer?

1) Download the DLC with NUSGrabber (get title id from the links i provided, aka Title Database)
2) Place the downloaded files (all of them) (non-decrypted) in "SDCARD_ROOT:/install"
3) Plug your SDCard in the Wii U (fat32 formated) and launch WUPInstaller :)

By the way, it have to be free DLC, unpaid DLC doesn't work

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just to be sure : this time you tested it, right?
Which DLC did you try to install that you never installed officially? (no tik present)
Did it work in the game after installation? installing a DLC data pack shouldn't really unlock it, it's only the data that will be used IF you unlock it officially in the game.

But just to be sure, let us know what you tried, and what worked or not.

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just to be sure : this time you tested it, right?
Which DLC did you try to install that you never installed officially? (no tik present)
Did it work in the game after installation? installing a DLC data pack shouldn't really unlock it, it's only the data that will be used IF you unlock it officially in the game.

But just to be sure, let us know what you tried, and what worked or not.

Application/Game already tested (as you can see on my youtube channel, old video yea)
DLC : I've tested it with Call Of Duty: Ghost, Free Fall DLC and it worked :P

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Download the DLC with NUSGrabber (get title id from the links i provided, aka Title Database)
2) Place the downloaded files (all of them) (non-decrypted) in "SDCARD_ROOT:/install"
3) Plug your SDCard in the Wii U (fat32 formated) and launch WUPInstaller :)

By the way, it have to be free DLC, unpaid DLC doesn't work
if i downloaded the DLC, can be useful for loadiine WITHOUT dumping the game that needs the DLC?

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i download Call of Duty ghosts Fall DLC and when it download could be useful for Loadiine? if no, do i have to dump the DLC?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey, how to download DLC on the computer to install it on WUPinstaller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?