Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you generate your Wii ISO with WIT, include both the main.dol and title.txt with only the WiiWare titleID you want to launch.
inject that generated wii ISO file into a WiiVC with proper fw.img patches

or wait for script injector to include the feature to generate wiiware channel booter homebrew automatically.

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have way too many conflicting files. Delete all and keep only the following:
  • game.gcm
  • iconTex.png
  • bootTvTex.png
Your bootLogoTex is exactly the same as the stock one which is used so no reason to have a duplicate, bootDrcTex is autogenerated based on bootTvTex, and boot.dol is only used when injecting homebrew.

Here's what I want you to do. Follow these steps, as the things you are trying are too disjointed to troubleshoot:
  • Delete your entire script directory and re-download it from the OP
  • Place ONLY the following files in the SOURCE_FILES folder:
    • game.gcm
    • iconTex.png
    • bootTvTex.png
  • Run the script, and if it fails upload the log.txt AND the errorlog.txt WITHOUT re-running the script.
In one of your logs it looks like WIT might be failing to run at all, but it's hard to tell with the inconsistent logs.
Well man now everytime im converting a game i keep getting nfsiso2nfs has stopped working, right towards the end too....i dont know what the problem is now I was happy for a minute...dang
UPDATE: That was my bad I was out of space on the drive.....Only issue Im having now is each time I want to do a different game...the convert image thing pops up and I get original error....I have to start from scratch each game and it works. But if I just try a different game I get the error.

Last edited by babyjoe00069,

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When the script is during "Converting repacked game to NFS..." nothing happens. I remembered that a window should open, but there wasn't one so I just pressed enter and it continued.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
when you generate your Wii ISO with WIT, include both the main.dol and title.txt with only the WiiWare titleID you want to launch.
inject that generated wii ISO file into a WiiVC with proper fw.img patches

or wait for script injector to include the feature to generate wiiware channel booter homebrew automatically.
How does it work? I have built a channel with fix94's main.dol file but do you put the main.dol file changed too>boot.dol into a folder apps/"wii Chan Booter?".... and in your title.txt file do you put something like "Not64 Channel" and it would load it without the need off having to load different channels. Sorry but I'm not quite sure how its supposed to work and how your supposed to set up the title.txt file. You seem to know a bit more.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
edit the title.txt and write ONLY the wiiware's titleID you want to boot.

for example, if you want to play art style light trax, it's titleID is : WALP.
just write this in your title.txt :
WALP

save it.

get the Wii ISO base that WIT will use to generate a Wii ISO.
replace the main.dol in the /sys/ folder
put title.txt in the /files/ folder
generate the Wii ISO with WIT.

the generated Wii ISO has to be injected into the WiiVC channel.
when you launch the WiiVC channel, it will switch to vWii mode and will load the injected Wii ISO, which its main.dol is a "Wiiware channel launcher".
the wiiware channel launcher will open the title.txt to find which TitleID you want to boot on vWii, and launch that TitleID installed on your vWii NAND.

Of course, you need to have THAT wiiware channel's TitleID installed to NAND in order to be booted by the channel booter injected in the wii iso launched by the wiiU WiiVC channel. (inception!)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Reecey

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just managed to play Super Mario 64 with the Wii U gamepad :]
If you wanna know how, I found a Super Mario 64 iso which was converted to play like a Gamecube iso. I just injected it with the script and everything works fine, only the sound is bugging a little bit.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
edit the title.txt and write ONLY the wiiware's titleID you want to boot.

for example, if you want to play art style light trax, it's titleID is : WALP.
just write this in your title.txt :
WALP

save it.

get the Wii ISO base that WIT will use to generate a Wii ISO.
replace the main.dol in the /sys/ folder
put title.txt in the /files/ folder
generate the Wii ISO with WIT.

the generated Wii ISO has to be injected into the WiiVC channel.
when you launch the WiiVC channel, it will switch to vWii mode and will load the injected Wii ISO, which its main.dol is a "Wiiware channel launcher".
the wiiware channel launcher will open the title.txt to find which TitleID you want to boot on vWii, and launch that TitleID installed on your vWii NAND.

Of course, you need to have THAT wiiware channel's TitleID installed to NAND in order to be booted by the channel booter injected in the wii iso launched by the wiiU WiiVC channel. (inception!)
Thanks sounds a bit complicated but I think I need to go back and have another go at my channel.

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered previously but I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Used the script for a backup of my Super Smash Bros Melee copy, didn't generate proper icon or banner, used the generic ones that came with the script injector. Got a folder, installed it with wup installer to USB HDD with sigpatches turned on, everything fine. Run the game, asked me if I wanted to enable gamepad, I said yes, and then when asked me if I want to use only the gamepad screen I pressed ok. There goes the generic banner with the music, a Wii logo in a black background and then blackscreen. The Wii U is working normally, when I hold power button in gamepad, asks me if I want to turn off the console I should press power once more, done but not working. Tap on gamepad screen, there's a sign of prohibition with a stylus symbol. I press the TV button, it works. but nothing else. Another thing is that since I don't have a TV right now, I don't know if it was showing on the TV, only have gamepad. Any ideas why is happening? Thanks

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just managed to play Super Mario 64 with the Wii U gamepad :]
If you wanna know how, I found a Super Mario 64 iso which was converted to play like a Gamecube iso. I just injected it with the script and everything works fine, only the sound is bugging a little bit.
Yup the good ol' Majora's Mask N64 Emulator for GameCube :)

The following games can be injected with that with varying results:
  • Animal Forest (Probably lots of issues, didn't test long)
  • Mario Kart 64 (Buggy Sound)
  • Star Fox 64 (Buggy Sound)
  • Super Mario 64 (Buggy Sound)
And then obviously Ocarina and Majora with almost no issues.

Also no dialog should show up during nfs2iso2nfs, only c2w_patcher. If you continue to have issues at that section go ahead and post your logs.

Reactions: aarti

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My REAL plan now that @FIX94 has released a channel booter is to create Wii U Titles for all my vWii N64 virtual console titles, since the vWii N64 virtual console has absurdly less latency.

I've also patched every N64 rom I own (Except Yoshi's Story & Cruis'n USA) for widescreen, so I'll be injecting as many of those as I can into the vWii titles as well haha

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My REAL plan now that @FIX94 has released a channel booter is to create Wii U Titles for all my vWii N64 virtual console titles, since the vWii N64 virtual console has absurdly less latency.

I've also patched every N64 rom I own (Except Yoshi's Story & Cruis'n USA) for widescreen, so I'll be injecting as many of those as I can into the vWii titles as well haha
Hey KhaderWelaye, not sure if you saw my latest post was having issues when i switch to another game, 1 game converts just fine, then i change all source files with new game and when i click the script, i get the convert png to tga app pops up everytime. I have exactly what you told me to each time. If I start from scratch. SUCCESS. But i have to enter common key and title id everytime from scratch. Why may I ask is this happening?? Also can you add what to name disc 2 for gamecube games to the main post please, i saw it somewhere but cant find it.

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France

how you can do this ? the rom come in .z64

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey KhaderWelaye, not sure if you saw my latest post was having issues when i switch to another game, 1 game converts just fine, then i change all source files with new game and when i click the script, i get the convert png to tga app pops up everytime. I have exactly what you told me to each time. If I start from scratch. SUCCESS. But i have to enter common key and title id everytime from scratch. Why may I ask is this happening?? Also can you add what to name disc 2 for gamecube games to the main post please, i saw it somewhere but cant find it.
game.gcm and disc2.gcm

Reactions: babyjoe00069

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how you can do this ? the rom come in .z64
Injecting roms into the vWii N64 Virtual Console is pretty easy. Get your WAD for a N64 VC title, dump the contents with ShowMiiWads, extract the 00000005.app U8 archive with ShowMiiWads, replace the rom or romc file with your own, repack the app and repack the wad.

idk I kinda gave up on you haha, besides checking that the "Hide File Extensions for Known file types" option is turned off in file explorer so that the correct file extension is actually showing, I can't help. You're being asked for the keys when you start from scratch because the keys are stored in the storage folders in the script, when you delete the script and start from scratch you have to re-specify the keys.

Reactions: wakabayashy

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting roms into the vWii N64 Virtual Console is pretty easy. Get your WAD for a N64 VC title, dump the contents with ShowMiiWads, extract the 00000005.app U8 archive with ShowMiiWads, replace the rom or romc file with your own, repack the app and repack the wad.

idk I kinda gave up on you haha, besides checking that the "Hide File Extensions for Known file types" option is turned off in file explorer so that the correct file extension is actually showing, I can't help. You're being asked for the keys when you start from scratch because the keys are stored in the storage folders in the script, when you delete the script and start from scratch you have to re-specify the keys.

i believe it kept doing that because i left the log file from previous game, just deleted all logs when doing a new game and it didnt ask for anything this time, just started converting, I guess that was it

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

How good is the compatibility for that though? The list I could find said it was outdated, but also had very few games that worked properly, if at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...