Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for disturbing but I have been out of this.
I have seen some new things like Title ID linking to a WiiWare game, more forwarders, c2w... Can you explain me this news pls? @Cyan
Burn and thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm, it could be hard to resume properly, and I don't know what you already know.

in a WiiU Wii virtual console channel, you can inject wii game, gamecube game or homebrew.
homebrew can be :
- the actual program
- a forwarder to program located on SD
- a Wiiware channel loader

generated WiiVC channels can be launched using the WiiU CPU speed in Wii mode, allowing higher processor power for Wii homebrew, such as WiiSX or not64 emulators.
This is the "c2w" (cafe 2 wii, WiiU mode 2 Wii mode) you've read.
to do that you need two steps, patching the firmware before launching the channel, and a patched channel using that patched firmware feature. you need both or it will not work.

Last edited by Cyan,

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Injecting roms into the vWii N64 Virtual Console is pretty easy. Get your WAD for a N64 VC title, dump the contents with ShowMiiWads, extract the 00000005.app U8 archive with ShowMiiWads, replace the rom or romc file with your own, repack the app and repack the wad.
Could anyone make a written tutorial for noobs?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and heres the second piece: the actual loader to load wii channels.
https://github.com/FIX94/wiivc_chan_booter
Together with the updated nfs2iso2nfs in -homebrew mode you should be able to make wii vc that boot installed channels on vwii.

Nice, experimenting with this now! Here's my results trying to boot up the Star Fox 64 vWii VC title:
  • NFS2ISO2NFS -homebrew: GamePad isn't properly detected as a Classic Controller, the only option is to press the A Button to return to the Wii Menu (which does work).
  • NFS2ISO2NFS -homebrew -passthrough: GamePad isn't usable as a controller at all, Wii Remotes connect properly as players 1-4 and can be used with attached classic controllers.
  • NFS2ISO2NFS (no flags): TMD error when booting, should've known that would happen tho.
Like how certain Wii games just don't work well with Classic Controller emulation, vWii N64 titles look like they're going to be about the same.

Reactions: shrinerlp

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like how certain Wii games just don't work well with Classic Controller emulation, vWii N64 titles look like they're going to be about the same.
thanks for confirming that stuff, same here with N64 files, will probably take a look at how they do their handling as the A button works so it must just be some detection method not handled by the firmware emu. and yea the -homebrew flag is required of course as it does need full hardware access, I do all sorts of fancy patching to make channel booting work.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for confirming that stuff, same here with N64 files, will probably take a look at how they do their handling as the A button works so it must just be some detection method not handled by the firmware emu. and yea the -homebrew flag is required of course as it does need full hardware access, I do all sorts of fancy patching to make channel booting work.
Great! And thanks for keeping development rolling on NFS2ISO2NFS, the rest of the threads revolving around it have kinda stagnated.

Not sure if you're planning on pushing releases for NFS2ISO2NFS through that GitHub, if you do I'll take the latest from there and implement otherwise I'll use the latest one from your last mega link :D

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After many MANY moons a new version of the WIISXR Emulator has been released. :)

Beta 2.3:

• Fix various filebrowser bugs
  • Speed tweaks
  • A bunch of code optimization
  • Fix a regression with dynarec (from Beta 2.2)
  • Compiling against latest DevkitPPC (29-1)
  • Very minor GUI bug fixes
  • Add basic Wii U Gamepad support
Linky.. https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr/releases/tag/2.3

(for any of you guys out there that use my channel. just replace your dol on your sd card with this one ;) )

Last edited by ploggy,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After many MANY moons a new version of the WIISXR Emulator has been released. :)

Beta 2.3:

• Speed tweaks

(for any of you guys out there that use my channel. just replace your dol on your sd card with this one ;) )
BUT IS SPYRO THE DRAGON WORKING NOW :creep: Because let's be real if it is that should be it's own line item rite rite

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Beta 2.3:

• Speed tweaks

Does that one have the crash on exit fix that FIX94 posted in his latest update?

Reactions: ploggy

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That and Retroarch WiiU is being worked on and fixed up. Its the most stable its ever been :P
I did think wiiu was killed by the piracy, I guess I was wrong, the wiiu is getting a more comfortable system with the new stuff. Who wants Switch homebrew having such wonderful things on wiiu to play around? [emoji38]

Reactions: desvamp

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@aarti, I added links to forwarders to your mini-guide.
I just want to be sure I wrote the correct path to SD for WiiSX forwarder. it's sd:/apps/wiisx/ or wiisxr ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...homebrew-support.483577/page-113#post-7605476
it's sd:/apps/wiisxr/, because we are talking of WiiSXR and not WiiSX

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup the good ol' Majora's Mask N64 Emulator for GameCube :)

The following games can be injected with that with varying results:
  • Animal Forest (Probably lots of issues, didn't test long)
  • Mario Kart 64 (Buggy Sound)
  • Star Fox 64 (Buggy Sound)
  • Super Mario 64 (Buggy Sound)
And then obviously Ocarina and Majora with almost no issues.

Also no dialog should show up during nfs2iso2nfs, only c2w_patcher. If you continue to have issues at that section go ahead and post your logs.
I can't get Super Mario 64 to save my game. Memcard emulation is enabled in Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it's sd:/apps/wiisxr/, because we are talking of WiiSXR and not WiiSX

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't get Super Mario 64 to save my game. Memcard emulation is enabled in Nintendont
afaik most n64 injects on gc homebrew dont save but you have not64/original VC release that plays mario 64 perfectly lol and nay of those games tbh.

Reactions: wicksand420

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?