1. Opoth

Opoth Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Nah, this was a store bought launch controller with official Nintendo box/branding/etc, too early days for bootleggers. It always worked okay on vWii when Pro support got backported to a bunch of emulators, it never had any of the random issues that other people seemed to have with unofficial controllers with various software.

I'll let things ride out for awhile, hopefully it will get proper gamepad/Pro support shortly now that forwarders/Wii overclocking is a thing. Thanks for your help.

wicksand420 likes this.
  2. TeconMoon

OP TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

United States
    Oh no worries I hope I wasn't insinuating that you were.

@Xyphoseos if you are trying to convert a GameCube game while using a forwarder other than the one that's built-in to the script, name it main.dol

For example, here's what your source files folder could look like:
    • game.gcm (your game)
    • main.dol (whatever forwarder you want)
    • iconTex.png (your game icon)
    • bootTvTex.png (your game banner)

Xyphoseos, wicksand420 and cucholix like this.
  3. babyjoe00069

babyjoe00069 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok here is the files in there now, and in my 1st post i made above the 1 you saw, that was not putting the tga files in, it said they are missing so, when i put them in it finishes, but here are the files I have in the source folder. Ok i tried to upload them but it says the files are too large its only 2mb but i will upload each 1, i made them the tga files are in the zipped file, i also have everything in screenshot here of whats in folder, i have tried without boot.dol, same result

Attached Files:

4. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Germany
    Are Gamecube injects compatible with the sign_c2w_patcher? I saw a new Nintendont forwarder .dol, do I have to patch it with cafe2wii? I'm autobooting my GC games from Wii U menue and I'm not sure, which .dol I have to use.

5. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  6. TeconMoon

United States
    You have way too many conflicting files. Delete all and keep only the following:
    • game.gcm
    • iconTex.png
    • bootTvTex.png
    Your bootLogoTex is exactly the same as the stock one which is used so no reason to have a duplicate, bootDrcTex is autogenerated based on bootTvTex, and boot.dol is only used when injecting homebrew.

Here's what I want you to do. Follow these steps, as the things you are trying are too disjointed to troubleshoot:
    • Delete your entire script directory and re-download it from the OP
    • Place ONLY the following files in the SOURCE_FILES folder:
      • game.gcm
      • iconTex.png
      • bootTvTex.png
    • Run the script, and if it fails upload the log.txt AND the errorlog.txt WITHOUT re-running the script.
    In one of your logs it looks like WIT might be failing to run at all, but it's hard to tell with the inconsistent logs.

7. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Can someone please help me and make this more simpler to understand for the noobs.or is there a simpler method for overclocking wiisxr

Last edited by kevinbrew, Sep 29, 2017
  8. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Germany
    Hope it is understandable
    NOT NEEDED ANYMORE, JUST DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST RELEASE OF THE SCRIPT FROM OP POST
    1. Download this version(https://github.com/FIX94/nuspacker/blob/master/NUSPacker.jar) of NUSPacker and put it in WiiVC-Injector-Script\WiiVC Injector Script [2.1.3]\TOOLS\NUSPacker/NUSPacker.jar, so that the old one is replaced.
    2. Download JNUSTool (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Maschell/JNUSTool/master/release.zip), open the config file and replace the second line with the WiiU Common Key.
    3. Type first "java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010004000" (without ") in the search bar when you are in the JNUSTool folder and download it. Then type "java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005001010004001" and also download it. (I mean doing this: [​IMG]
      (it didn't work for me with command line, so I did this)
    4. From the 0005001010004000 folder, take deint.txt and font.bin and put it in WiiVC-Injector-Script\WiiVC Injector Script [2.1.3]\TOOLS\JNUSTool\Rhythm Heaven Fever [VAKE01]\code.
    5. Download https://github.com/FIX94/c2w_patcher/releases and put it in the folder of 0005001010004001. Open starbuck_key.txt and insert the wiiu starbuck ancast key.
    6. Run c2w_patcher.exe, if it was successful, take c2p.img, boot.bin and dmcu.d.hex and put it again in WiiVC-Injector-Script\WiiVC Injector Script [2.1.3]\TOOLS\JNUSTool\Rhythm Heaven Fever [VAKE01]\code and rename c2p.img to c2w.img.
    7. Put the boot.dol (forwarder or homebrew you want to boot), bootTvTex.png and iconTex.png of WiiSXR or Not64 in WiiVC-Injector-Script\WiiVC Injector Script [2.1.3]\SOURCE_FILES and run the script.
    Wiisxr forwarder's dol
    Not64 forwarder's dol

WiiSXR 2.3 here (put this one on SD:/apps/wiisxr/ folder)

Last edited by aarti, Oct 1, 2017
    Brawl345 likes this.
  9. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

aarti likes this.
  10. TeconMoon

United States
    @aarti Thanks for posting the breakdown for people, looks pretty scriptable. The only correction I would make is that whatever forwarder or homebrew you want to boot needs to be placed in the SOURCE_FILES as boot.dol

main.dol in the SOURCE_FILES folder is only used when replacing a GameCube forwarder.

aarti and A Plus Ric like this.
  11. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Germany
    oops, my bad. corrected :)

12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Will you be updating your script with the new commits pushed by Fix94?

13. raleigh95

raleigh95 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone have any luck with Metroid Prime 3. I get no errors in packing or installing onto the Wii U but with two separate sources I get an error message about a problem reading the disc while loading up, both console and sources were USA NTSC. I guess I can just go with the eshop trilogy if needed but already set up and installed the Gamecube 1 & 2. Thanks

14. TeconMoon

United States
    I will try and release a 2.2.0 beta tomorrow with the following changes:
    • Update nintendont forwarders to v1.2
    • Update NUSPacker with FIX94's fork
    • Automate c2w patching within title so WiiSXR and other compatible titles can be overclocked
    • Add Internet Check before trying to use JNUSTool to prevent failures
    • Call all JAR files using java -jar instead of pointing right to the jar file
    I haven't really been keeping up with these developments (Spyro the Dragon still isn't compatible with WiiSXR so I can't really get too excited) so I'll make sure to do more research and testing before release.

15. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

France
  16. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

i wait till this script gets released. will this make the overclocking very simple or will there still be many procedures to go through

Last edited by kevinbrew, Sep 29, 2017
  17. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Germany
    put the boot.dol of WiiSXR which fix94 edited to sd:/apps/WiiSXR and inject the boot.dol of the WiiSXR forwarder with the c2w-patched script. Do you need links to both boot.dols?

@kevinbrew

Last edited by aarti, Sep 29, 2017
  18. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Grassy ass!

19. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

yes please

20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Would be nice to have all these forwarders on the OP :P

CatmanFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Injector, Homebrew