Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried playing Brave Fencer Musashi yet on WiiSXR? Im able to play it on a very good framerates, the only problem Im having is whenever I am on a saving part or loading a game, the sound when you press confirm stays throughout the game and it's very annoying. I tried fiddling with the audio settings but still can't remove that audio problems.

D

Deleted User

Anyone tried playing Brave Fencer Musashi yet on WiiSXR? Im able to play it on a very good framerates, the only problem Im having is whenever I am on a saving part or loading a game, the sound when you press confirm stays throughout the game and it's very annoying. I tried fiddling with the audio settings but still can't remove that audio problems.
It will stay the same until the emulator is coded to take advantage of the additional CPU resources.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It will stay the same until the emulator is coded to take advantage of the additional CPU resources.
it already is, the games run amazingly well with cpu buff, the issue is wiisx doesnt have perfect compat and any audio issue,gfx or crash wont be magicaly fixed by cpu speed, but it does games without slowdowns now.

Reactions: A Plus Ric
D

Deleted User

it already is, the games run amazingly well with cpu buff, the issue is wiisx doesnt have perfect compat and any audio issue,gfx or crash wont be magicaly fixed by cpu speed, but it does games without slowdowns now.
Really!? That´s amazing. There is a lot room for improvement then.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you Fix94 for releasing a channel loader.
I guess now all the possible features are available.

homebrew, Wii, gamecube, vWii channels are now launchable and working with gamepad from Wiiu menu.

thanks for your dedicated work.
so basicaly you can use hbc channel and vwii unlocked speed ?xD

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you Fix94 for releasing a channel loader.
I guess now all the possible features are available.

homebrew, Wii, gamecube, vWii channels are now launchable and working with gamepad from Wiiu menu.

thanks for your dedicated work.
These wiiware channel forwarders can be shared can't they @Cyan ?
Obviously not the wad for the vwii side

Reactions: peteruk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you still can't, all WiiU WiiVC channels contain the fw.img (the ios used by vWii)

and not only the fw.img (cIOS255), but also nintendo code to boot that channel on WiiU.
unless we find a way to load fw.img dynamically from SD card, and replace nintendo's code with legal code to boot wiiu channels, then we can't share the pre-compiled channels.
We already have legal channel booter (we use it for Wiiu forwarders, homebrew channels, etc.)

hey, maybe that's another idea to look into, now that we managed (fix94 managed alone :P) to load all possible game type.
maybe now looking at the channel's code itself is an idea.
using the homebrew channel's code to generate WiiVC base. making a legal WiiVC base, instead of using an existing game as base.

Last edited by Cyan,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So now I can launch any channels I have on vWii from Wii U menue and even use the gamepad, right?
gamepad has to be compatible with each release if you get a hb app then gamepad is not added since wiiu gamepad hacking as a CC does not work on hb stuff and even on manny official games either.

Reactions: aarti

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
and heres the second piece: the actual loader to load wii channels.
https://github.com/FIX94/wiivc_chan_booter
Together with the updated nfs2iso2nfs in -homebrew mode you should be able to make wii vc that boot installed channels on vwii.
Would it be possible boot them from the SD card "private" folder?

It loads into vWii nand before hand, in fact it left a temporal WiiWare/VC installed on nand, it gets overwritten when you launch another WiiWare/VC.

Or load games from emuNand?

Last edited by cucholix,

babyjoe00069

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have way too many conflicting files. Delete all and keep only the following:
  • game.gcm
  • iconTex.png
  • bootTvTex.png
Your bootLogoTex is exactly the same as the stock one which is used so no reason to have a duplicate, bootDrcTex is autogenerated based on bootTvTex, and boot.dol is only used when injecting homebrew.

Here's what I want you to do. Follow these steps, as the things you are trying are too disjointed to troubleshoot:
  • Delete your entire script directory and re-download it from the OP
  • Place ONLY the following files in the SOURCE_FILES folder:
    • game.gcm
    • iconTex.png
    • bootTvTex.png
  • Run the script, and if it fails upload the log.txt AND the errorlog.txt WITHOUT re-running the script.
In one of your logs it looks like WIT might be failing to run at all, but it's hard to tell with the inconsistent logs.

HOLY CRAP it worked...I did that once before and it didnt work, the convert png to tga kept popping up over and over again...but this time it worked perfectly. THANK YOU SO MUCH, i WILL BE UPLOADING OVER 121 GAMECUBE GAMES NOW. I would like to ask, it says repacks with nintendont forwarder, I have the forwardeer made by fix24, is it going to work?? or do i need to put the .dol file for the forwarder i used?? while doing this process?? AGAIN THANK YOU @KhaderWelaye

MatsumotoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!