Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry no, I am not talking about vWii, I am talking about official Wii VC games I have installed via this program. Ones you could potentially buy in the eShop wii games that appear in the Wii U menu with gamepad compatibility (well, a select number of games have compatibility)
Since those games restart your WiiU in Wii mode, you are talking about vWii. The important point to take away from the answer is that your Wii VC games won't work with redNAND.

Reactions: dojafoja

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is off topic but anyone know what app to use to install the 3ds downloads off this app? I tried fbi but it wont do it

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine with WiiU Usb Helper
How did you get the nice, small, 1.4GB standalone New Super Luigi U using WiiU USB Helper? We know you can get 'the game' if you download the 14GB New Super Mario Bros. U, but that's not quite the same as having the standalone one available.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06, would you have any interest in adding a feature that allows us to upload out tik files directly to the key site?
Hmm I'm not sure about that. I mean it's already fairly easy to do and I feel like adding that feature directly into the app would be going a little bit too far.
I know this is off topic but anyone know what app to use to install the 3ds downloads off this app? I tried fbi but it wont do it
FBI should work. Make sure you use the app's copy feature which will pack the games into the required format.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since those games restart your WiiU in Wii mode, you are talking about vWii. The important point to take away from the answer is that your Wii VC games won't work with redNAND.
No, those games do not start the Wii U into Wii mode, it restarts it from Wii U RedNand to Wii U SysNand. The vWii plays no role in this at all. And when I mentioned the Wii U says "Wii" as the game loads, I just meant the gamepad turns black and says the word "wii" as if it is opening the Wii VC game. The actual vWii does not open, it is not supposed to open, nothing involving that

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm not sure about that. I mean it's already fairly easy to do and I feel like adding that feature directly into the app would be going a little bit too far.

FBI should work. Make sure you use the app's copy feature which will pack the games into the required format.
I just checked FBI and the only copy function is just coping the file to clipboard

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, those games do not start the Wii U into Wii mode, it restarts it from Wii U RedNand to Wii U SysNand. The vWii plays no role in this at all. And when I mentioned the Wii U says "Wii" as the game loads, I just meant the gamepad turns black and says the word "wii" as if it is opening the Wii VC game. The actual vWii does not open, it is not supposed to open, nothing involving that
I think you're describing the behavior you see because you're using redNAND, but even if we're misunderstanding each other, I don't see where that would have anything to do with WiiU USB Helper. I've tested a few US Wii VC US titles that came from WiiU USB Helper, e.g. SMG, without any problem. Nonetheless, if you want to talk about your issue some more, please start a thread for it. A broader audience might be able to provide answers that you'll find acceptable.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just checked FBI and the only copy function is just coping the file to clipboard
No, the copy function does not copy the game to the clipboard, it has to pack the game to cia while copying.
Here is how it works:
sToHLCU.png

M4O7IDR.png

W1GRzGH.png

zeroclash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we get a default extract folder, instead of having to set each individual folder for each extract? Great app otherwise!

Tubarao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I played Super Mario 3D World some times in the last months. Yesterday, I can't run it... When I do that, I receive the error 199-9998.
Anyone know the cause of this error?

If I re-install it, how can I backup the save games? I installed another game and it runs well.

Thank you.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why are all of the vwii games removed? i couldn't find pokepark wii or zelda skyward sword that i already downloaded before, i guess i'll have to dump my discs for now.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Why are all of the vwii games removed? i couldn't find pokepark wii or zelda skyward sword that i already downloaded before, i guess i'll have to dump my discs for now.
No titles were removed. You probably have unchecked the "CFW games" checkbox. Make also sure you have not unchecked USA or EUR since some games only are available in one region.
I played Super Mario 3D World some times in the last months. Yesterday, I can't run it... When I do that, I receive the error 199-9998.

If I re-install it, how can I backup the save games? I installed another game and it runs well.

Thank you.
You can use ftpiiu everywhere to backup your save just to be sure.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: Tubarao

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No titles were removed. You probably have unchecked the "CFW games" checkbox. Make also sure you have not unchecked USA or EUR since some games only are available in one region.

You can use ftpiiu everywhere to backup your save just to be sure.
CFW games are checked and they just aren't showing apart from the ones already downloaded, and by unchecking CFW removes a large list of games so i have no idea why it's been so glitchy then.

edit: seems like the new update removed my games from showing for every region so that would explain it.. so either that was actually a bug or something just broke sorry about that.

Last edited by Toni456,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
CFW games are checked and they just aren't showing apart from the ones already downloaded, and by unchecking CFW removes a large list of games so i have no idea why it's been so glitchy then.

edit: seems like the new update removed my games from showing for every region so that would explain it.. so either that was actually a bug or something just broke sorry about that.
The "show all regions" checkbox has been replaced a few versions ago by three distinct checkboxes to allow users to have a better way to filter by region.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How did you get the nice, small, 1.4GB standalone New Super Luigi U using WiiU USB Helper? We know you can get 'the game' if you download the 14GB New Super Mario Bros. U, but that's not quite the same as having the standalone one available.
You do know that new super Mario Bros u and luigi Bros u were both sold as individual games each had its own disc or download version. The combined version added a whole load of gameplay videos and that is why it's 14gb compared to the standalone Mario Bros Wiiu which is 1.8gb and luigi Bros which is about the same

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that new super Mario Bros u and luigi Bros u were both sold as individual games each had its own disc or download version.
Yes, I do know that there are individual games, and why the combo is so large. We have the disc tickets, and you can get super mario from NUS. What I questioned, as you quoted above, was how jbuck1975 managed to obtain the specific standalone New Super Luigi U title (0005000010142300) using WiiU USB Helper. That title (the one Mostafa originally referenced) isn't on NUS.

The sequence of question/answer was:
Why isn't Standalone Luigi in WiiU USB Helper?
Because it's not on NUS
Well, I got it with WiiU USB Helper
Um, how did you manage to do that?

Tubarao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I removed and re-installed it without delete save games and I received the same error. After that, I tried to delete the save game and it runs again.
I lost all progress in the game, I have to start from the beginning.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I removed and re-installed it without delete save games and I received the same error. After that, I tried to delete the save game and it runs again.
I lost all progress in the game, I have to start from the beginning.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately your save might have gotten corrupted for some reason. I hope it won't happen again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo