Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U Image Tool

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IF YOU ARE GETTING AN ERROR SAYING MY SOFTWARE IS A VIRUS, PLEASE READ THIS REPLY. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-image-tool.615850/post-9891604

I don't know if this project has been made by someone already, but I haven't find anything so... I decided to create a software that converts PNG to TGA for custom Wii U apps.

The project is called Wii U Image Tool (or WUIT for short) and is developed in VB.net (outdated sure, but still usable today).

I made it so that the software is really easy to use, you just open it and you instantly understand how things work.

I really hope you will enjoy this software! :)

Releases: https://github.com/Luna4256/Wii-U-IMG-Tool/releases
Releases (on GBATemp): https://gbatemp.net/download/wii-u-image-tool.37518/
Source code: https://github.com/Luna4256/Wii-U-IMG-Tool
btw if someone did make a tool like this in the past tell me!

mspaint_x1G0ll6r2y.png

1658850287943.png

1658850298343.png

Last edited by Luna4256,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think anyone has made a similar stand alone tool although I could point to paint dot net or photoshop lol but that would be pedantic. This will definitely come in handy as I'm always having to Google the settings!

Nice work!

Edit...
I assume you have tested it lol?

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think anyone has made a similar stand alone tool although I could point to paint dot net or photoshop lol but that would be pedantic. This will definitely come in handy as I'm always having to Google the settings!

Nice work!

Edit...
I assume you have tested it lol?
Yes, of course i have tested it, i would never release a untested tool lol, too risky

And tysm!

Trophies
XP
This actually was already a feature integrated into the Wii U Title Boot Editor. It includes the ability to take a PNG and convert it to a working TGA, in addition to that if you use it to connect to your Wii U via FtpiiU it gives you the option the select a PNG and it converts and replaces the Title Image for both Update and Base Game. (also boot music, licensed banner, etc.. just with a GUI instead of FTP interface)

(good work though! :) )

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This actually was already a feature integrated into the Wii U Title Boot Editor. It includes the ability to take a PNG and convert it to a working TGA, in addition to that if you use it to connect to your Wii U via FtpiiU it gives you the option the select a PNG and it converts and replaces the Title Image for both Update and Base Game. (also boot music, licensed banner, etc.. just with a GUI instead of FTP interface)

(good work though! :) )
Oh okay, thank’s for telling me! I didn’t know about this software lol

Trophies
XP
Oh okay, thank’s for telling me! I didn’t know about this software lol
Not surprising that you didn't honestly, most people I tell about it have never heard of it either. Anyways I mainly used it in the past just for converting PNG to TGA, but your option looks a lot cleaner and more understandable to use for beginners. So like I said, great work! Even if something already exists it can't hurt to give another option. :)

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not surprising that you didn't honestly, most people I tell about it have never heard of it either. Anyways I mainly used it in the past just for converting PNG to TGA, but your option looks a lot cleaner and more understandable to use for beginners. So like I said, great work! Even if something already exists it can't hurt to give another option. :)
Thanks! That was the goal, making it easier for beginners or people who wanna do their first custom app :)

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone! I wanna give some updates on this project, first of all i'm doing a rewrite in C#!

And also i've noticed Windows Defender detects my software as a virus? Which is totally a false positive.

The project is OPEN-SOURCE, you can check the code yourself, it contains nothing that infects your computer, if you don't trust me you can build it yourself using Visual Studio!

But I don't understand why my software is detected as virus.

1658846836112.png

1658846847760.png

Trophies
XP
But I don't understand why my software is detected as virus.
There are a multitude of reasons why this happens. Sometimes making a program that does so much as touch a file gets marked as a virus - especially if it creates temp directories on the system path such as yours does.

But other than that you're doing mostly everything pretty solidly; you've addressed the issue, provided the source for verification, and you established credibility so even if people do get the warning it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Anyways I understand the frustration here - as a couple of Wii U related things I've made myself also get flagged. My solution was just to debug the hell out of it until it made any difference.

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there's a new update

Ok, so I decided to finally make the 1.0.0.2.

It includes one new feature, the news page! where you can see news that i publish about WUIT!

And also, a functioning check for updates button.

It also doesn't ask for administrator permissions anymore, since i realised this isn't needed at all.

1658850259914.png

1658850265448.png

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Trophies
XP
Hi, can you tell the use of the file being transport into TGA format?
For one, editing Title Images, whether it be the Icon, or boot DRC/TV Logo. You can also change the Nintendo Logo when you launch a game. That's the primary purpose. The tool basically automatically converts any PNG into the Proper TGA Format with the settings needed to work for the Wii U. it's a quality of life thing mainly.

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for creating this app, Luna4256!

I have one suggestion. If I only want to convert an icon, I currently still have to put in some dummy images for bootDrcTex and bootTvTex otherwise WUIT will not do the conversion. Would it be possible to convert iconTex only?

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I have one suggestion. If I only want to convert an icon, I currently still have to put in some dummy images for bootDrcTex and bootTvTex otherwise WUIT will not do the conversion. Would it be possible to convert iconTex only?
Hello tehtemp, thanks for your suggestion! I will surely add that in the next update of WUIT.

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

FINALLY, a new update adressing this

1.0.0.4, which one would you like to convert?

Find the changelogs here: GBATemp Downloads or GitHub Releases

you can now choose which files you want to convert, no need to put dummy images if you only want to convert an icon for example.

hope you enjoy this new version, and sorry it took so long, school has been making me busy :)

2PMCk57paY.png

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FINALLY, a new update adressing this

1.0.0.4, which one would you like to convert?

Find the changelogs here: GBATemp Downloads or GitHub Releases

you can now choose which files you want to convert, no need to put dummy images if you only want to convert an icon for example.

hope you enjoy this new version, and sorry it took so long, school has been making me busy :)

View attachment 328458
If you ever get the chance, i meant to say a while ago that when using a transparent icon the app will give fill it white. Can this be fixed at all?

Luna4256

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you ever get the chance, i meant to say a while ago that when using a transparent icon the app will give fill it white. Can this be fixed at all?
Sadly I don't think I can fix this, the tool used doesn't have an option for transparency for some reason (or at least I can't figure out what it is)

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: