Country
Spain

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How do i put the seed or use it? Its just put it on fbi/title and then fbi will detect them?

Check the "how to use" part from that link i posted, it explains very well how to use.

Using that method should enable you to install cia games without requiring to be online to import seed. I tested it myself and works.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've modified host to resolve that title site however is resolving wiiu not 3ds related any idea?

Try making 2 entries inside the host files for each site, should be like this:

104.129.56.137 put the 3ds key site here
104.129.56.137 put the wii u key site

If it still don't work, you'll have to find the seeddb.bin elsewhere and put inside your hydroseed folder. From there, just right click the seeddb.bin and select "open with". Open the file with hydroseed.exe, it should work that way too.

EDIT: Or just drag the seeddb.bin and drop above the hydroseed.exe, it works too.

Last edited by Mysuke,

muniategui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

If it still don't work, you'll have to find the seeddb.bin elsewhere and put inside your hydroseed folder. From there, just right click the seeddb.bin and select "open with". Open the file with hydroseed.exe, it should work that way too.

EDIT: Or just drag the seeddb.bin and drop above the hydroseed.exe, it works too.

I put one seed thazt i have that has 51kb and puted the path in sources the local path to it worked thanks <3

beater0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You must be using an outdated version. That title is blocked by nintendo (it requires additional verification) so that why the app becomes buggy like that.
Many zelda, mario games are blocked, but other third party games are still fine.
So is this the reason why we're getting the TMD problems? WiiU USB Helper is having the same problem with 3DS titles as well

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Cyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godmod also installs cia ? no need of fbi then?
I still haven't hacked my 3DS, so I don't know everything yet.

1. FBI does Import Seed with convenience if the game requires a seed. The drawback is that you need to be connect online to do it. This is an issue if you don't have Internet for some reason, or you're very paranoid about doing anything with WiFi on a hacked 3DS.

2. Another way to get your seed is to visit the Nintendo eShop and go on the game page. This will automatically import your seed for that game, but again, some people are risk aversion with hacked 3DS. Edit - You may need to choose the Repair Game option on the bottom screen when visiting the game page. This won't work for out-of-region games. Also, some 3DS users avoid the eShop due to pirated DLCs getting delete. Read why this happens for some people and not others.
3. Hydroseed breaks up seeddb.bin into individual *.dat files. FBI can import seed offline only by *.dat. This too has it's drawbacks if you don't like a bunch of files or don't want another specialty program to add to your collection.

4. GodMode9's strong suit is offline seed decryption if you have those three *.bin files in the gm9/support folder. The problem is that you have to decrypt the *.cia first before installing the game with FBI. It's also annoying having to boot into GodMode9 to decrypt first and then boot into HOME Menu to install with FBI. Refer to the above post #569 about the encTitleKeys, decTitleKeys, and seeddb *.bin files.

None of these options are perfect. You just choose which you like best.

Also, GodMode9 isn't a CIA installer. The only function that comes closest to that is its Health & Safety injector and related GM9 system title injection script.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. FBI does Import Seed with convenience if the game requires a seed. The drawback is that you need to be connect online to do it. This is an issue if you don't have Internet for some reason, or you're very paranoid about doing anything with WiFi on a hacked 3DS.

2. Another way to get your seed is to visit the Nintendo eShop and go on the game page. This will automatically import your seed for that game, but again, some people are risk aversion with hacked 3DS.

3. Hydroseed breaks up seeddb.bin into individual *.dat files. FBI can import seed offline only by *.dat. This too has it's drawbacks if you don't like a bunch of files or don't want another specialty program to add to your collection.

4. GodMode9's strong suit is offline seed decryption if you have those three *.bin files in the gm9/support folder. The problem is that you have to decrypt the *.cia first before installing the game with FBI. It's also annoying having to boot into GodMode9 to decrypt first and then boot into HOME Menu to install with FBI.

None of these options are perfect. You just choose which you like best.

Also, GodMode9 isn't a CIA installer. The only function that comes closest to that is its Health & Safety injector and related GM9 system title injection script.

There is also the fact the Eshop or Nintendo servers will not last forever, having an offline alternative is always a good thing. I don't think they'll go offline anytime soon but it's nice to not depend on it.

EDIT: nvm what i asked before, just read the link you posted and understood how the godmode9 method works. Quite handy.

Last edited by Mysuke,

AnonKPN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i found it, thanks. :)

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im currently using this to grab whatever is still available (for USA region) and will prob host it somewhere for everyone else to dl and install via fbi or whatever.

so far the majority or "popular titles" have been hit with a 403 error

side note: altho the main titles have been 403'd, none of their updates or dlcs's have been taken down, I guess this means freeshop and villian might still be useful to update pirated content (until the takedown starts to apply to updates/dlc also)

Last edited by ninjistix,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Welp, I believe everything has been hit now? Villain 3DS is unable to download anything, even the crappiest old Indie games.
Also, a side note, search function is broken. When I search for a game and try to download, it gives me note that it couldn't find the ticket in the database. But if I browse to the same game from the main page, it works (just throws 403 instead)

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, I believe everything has been hit now? Villain 3DS is unable to download anything, even the crappiest old Indie games.
Also, a side note, search function is broken. When I search for a game and try to download, it gives me note that it couldn't find the ticket in the database. But if I browse to the same game from the main page, it works (just throws 403 instead)
Most of the games are using new verification of nintendo right now. So unless someone finds another workaround, I think from now on villain3ds and freeshop are shut down for good. But it is the right thing though, we had been abusing nintendo server for long enough.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Everything has been updated to require the new authentication. Aside from certain DLC and I believe updates?

Reactions: tranxuanthang

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto