ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate SNES Forwarder Maker for 3DS

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested it. Works great! I'm impressed with how much it feels like a real Virtual Console game... you can exit out when you want by pressing the home button, and you'd never know it was running on RetroArch unless you tap the bottom screen. Thanks!

Reactions: Asdolo

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Or its the CPU since you have an 03ds..
If I ran Super Mario World by clocking the CPU to the 03ds speeds (thanks to ntr), it's slow and choppy.
Star Fox 2 runs smooth as butter on my N3DSXL

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
What base emulator did you select for SF2 in the injector?

Edit: PocketSNES, CATSFC & CATSFC Plus doesn't boot.... where Snes9x will boot but is too laggy to be playable.... running on a New 3DS XL here.

Last edited by Hopalongtom,

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi asdolo
I could advise you for your next version when you have time of course it is to include if possible the version snes9x_3ds v1.00 of Bubble2k16 which is perfect for the game star fox and Super Mario RPG which would also be a good alternative with Retroarch if a game bug graphically
Cordially

Star_Wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your issue might be because it's an Old 3DS XL. Your CPU us the issue since it is slower than the New 3DS like what I have. Even the first post says "New 3DS Only" in a font so big and brightly colored you shouldn't have missed it since it's one of the first words of the post.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Like I said it is a N3DS just not the XL. I changed it to red so you could see it. :lol:

After the update yesterday (thanks OP) I tried my three problem games with CAT Plus and SNES 9x and Pocket SNES: Star Fox and Star Fox 2, and Super Mario RPG. Mario works best with PocketSNES but there's a tiny bit of slowdown in some spots. Star Fox 2 only boots with SNES 9x and runs very slow. Star Fox 1 boots in all three but works best in PocketSNES (still very low framerate, 10-15ish).

I looked at my Luma settings, clock+L2 is enabled but I'm not sure if it affects this (I'm assuming retroarch automatically enables the extra CPU power).

Anything else to look at? Are others having success with these games?

Last edited by Star_Wolf,

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New versions of catsfc named snes 2005 run Super Mario RPG full speed!!
Can update @Asdolo ?
Thanks for fix change emu in injector.
This is in Official retroarch page:
Nintendo – Wii/WiiU/3DS (1.4.1)
On Nintendo consoles, netux79 has been keeping up with the Wii port, adding support for USB gamepads and fixing some savestate issues with the snes9x-next core, while Twinaphex tracked down and fixed a black-screen bug that’s plagued the nightly builds since just after the 1.3.6 release. Aliaspider and Twinaphex have made a lot of improvements to the 3DS port, including fixing a persistent screen-tearing issue, and aliaspider has also made great progress with the nascent Wii U port.

Last edited by angelhp,

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New versions of catsfc named snes 2005 run Super Mario RPG full speed!!
Can update @Asdolo ?
Thanks for fix change emu in injector.
This is in Official retroarch page:
Nintendo – Wii/WiiU/3DS (1.4.1)
On Nintendo consoles, netux79 has been keeping up with the Wii port, adding support for USB gamepads and fixing some savestate issues with the snes9x-next core, while Twinaphex tracked down and fixed a black-screen bug that’s plagued the nightly builds since just after the 1.3.6 release. Aliaspider and Twinaphex have made a lot of improvements to the 3DS port, including fixing a persistent screen-tearing issue, and aliaspider has also made great progress with the nascent Wii U port.

This version of catfsc that asdolo has already put, super mario rpg is already running in full speed

Reactions: angelhp

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes , run perfectly SMRPG ...☺☺

Yes but some fight with the Patapata there is a small drop of framerate which is of no great importance since the game works perfectly
I can test with the snes 9x version 1.0 and the game really turns perfectly as well as Star Fox in 60 FPS, I hope that Asdolo will be able to integrate Snes9x 1.0 also to its excellent program and Retroarch stable 1.4.1 Either day)
After that, even he himself can do much more if a game does not work properly, but it will greatly help the compatibility of SNES titles that are not normally injectable with snes_inject;)

Asdolo, take your time, the goal is to have the best choices for the CIA VC that you have been dreaming for some time, I can only give ideas to improve your program unfortunately because I know not to program and so I Can not really help :(

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but some fight with the Patapata there is a small drop of framerate which is of no great importance since the game works perfectly
I can test with the snes 9x version 1.0 and the game really turns perfectly as well as Star Fox in 60 FPS, I hope that Asdolo will be able to integrate Snes9x 1.0 also to its excellent program and Retroarch stable 1.4.1 Either day)
After that, even he himself can do much more if a game does not work properly, but it will greatly help the compatibility of SNES titles that are not normally injectable with snes_inject;)

Asdolo, take your time, the goal is to have the best choices for the CIA VC that you have been dreaming for some time, I can only give ideas to improve your program unfortunately because I know not to program and so I Can not really help :(
Yes , Snes9x for old 3ds has better sound too for example sound of lightning storm at opening of SMRPG.(more accuracy)(sound really how original console)

Reactions: alucard73

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There will be support for snes9x and blargSNES on v1.1 of SNES Forwarder Maker thanks to @Ryuzaki_MrL and his OldSNES!

Agree Asdolo
On the other hand I wanted to contact him because the version of snes9x that he put and that I test includes a major problem which is the backup and keeps in memory the configuration and restarts the console when have left the emulator , It is the unique concern of the snes9x of @Ryuzaki_MrL which for the N3DS really works very well with a sound and a transparency in games very close to the original console;)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Agree Asdolo
On the other hand I wanted to contact him because the version of snes9x that he put and that I test includes a major problem which is the backup and keeps in memory the configuration and restarts the console when have left the emulator , It is the unique concern of the snes9x of @Ryuzaki_MrL which for the N3DS really works very well with a sound and a transparency in games very close to the original console;)

What's exactly the issue? Does it occur since OldSNES added snes9x support, or is it recent?

alucard73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's exactly the issue? Does it occur since OldSNES added snes9x support, or is it recent?

Hello Ryuzaki_MrL
In fact the problem is that using OLDSNES on my N3DS and I do not think it changes in anything, I use the snes 9x version that you have added with the version of snes9x 1.0.elf but in version 0.80 it was also the same problem.
The games work very well, but impossible to make a quick backup (it says that it is well to realize but can not resume and I look on my SD card and there is no place where there is a backup to create As does blargSNES in a directory. The backup of the game by * .srm does not work either.
The biggest worry is mostly the backup that has no way to do it with Snes9x, but that works with blargSNES, but being on N3DS I prefer to use snes9x for better compatibility;)
The other problem is that you put on your github fixed crash when exiting the emulator for laversion 1.0 for the snes9x version, but the console gets me wrong when I go out and restart.
The last problem I encountered is also the configuration (this is the least important), in fact it does not keep in memory if I put such a full screen, boost sound and I restart the game then all come back Defaults
I'm sorry for my bad english and all these little problems encounter because being able to create a * .cia with your batch of snes9x that makes this game play and many others perfectly it's a dream :P

GammaLyrae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I maintain a 3ds homebrew thread on a private forum. I want to thank you for your hard work on this! and also tag it for being notified of updates....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o