Kevichu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eelslap.com
XP
Country
Russia
How often does the game crash? does it crash at a specific point? does the crash occur on your original copy of the game?
I mean, each time I try to start the game it crashes just like that, it doesn't even start, it just straight up crashes... Not only the game crashes, but it crashes the whole 3ds system and then I have to reboot the console.

Last edited by Kevichu,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I mean, each time I try to start the game it crashes just like that, it doesn't even start, it just straight up crashes... Not only the game crashes, but it crashes the whole 3ds system and then I have to reboot the console.
Have you tried with the New Super Ultimate Injector?

Reactions: Kevichu

Tyrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yo, i have a slight problem... or more like a BIG problem

You see ive turned the game Popful Mail to a CIA and then installed it with FBI, i actually kept the game for a little while because i was playing other games at the time, but when i actually wanted to play it it just crashed on me and was wondering if there is any way of actually fixing it... So...

I have an Old 3DS system version 11.13.0-45U. Hope that actually helps :P

How did you manage to do that? CD games are not supported yet as far as I am aware...

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Oof. Maybe the cia from the cartride is corrupt? did you rip it properly using godmode9?

Kevichu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eelslap.com
XP
Country
Russia
How did you manage to do that? CD games are not supported yet as far as I am aware...
Ik theres a CD Version, but... I think I'm installing the mega drive one, check the game platforms and I'm pretty sure it's available for mega drive as well as TurboGrafx CD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oof. Maybe the cia from the cartride is corrupt? did you rip it properly using godmode9?
I mean, sorry I just downloaded an iso file and then used the .bin file to create the CIA... I think it should work because it was available as an option...

Tyrony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ik theres a CD Version, but... I think I'm installing the mega drive one, check the game platforms and I'm pretty sure it's available for mega drive as well as TurboGrafx CD

I mean, sorry I just downloaded an iso file and then used the .bin file to create the CIA... I think it should work because it was available as an option...

Just looked it up, It's for both TurboGrafx CD and Mega-CD (Sega CD) when it comes to CD-based releases. There's no Mega Drive cartridge version for as far as I can find...

Reactions: Kevichu

Kevichu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
eelslap.com
XP
Country
Russia
Just looked it up, It's for both TurboGrafx CD and Mega-CD (Sega CD) when it comes to CD-based releases. There's no Mega Drive cartridge version for as far as I can find...
Yeah... This I embarrassing but I'm kinda stupid, I checked it the day I saw your reply and well, now I feel like the Worst. Yeah thanks anyway.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that might be easily answered. Can sega cd games work? I would like to have penn and teller's smoke and mirrors, for desert bus, for the memes. If this tool can't be used for sega cd games, can sega cd games be played at all on the 3ds?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-picodrive-for-3ds.493521/ thread points right to this one for making forwarders. If ya dont want them. read that thread as its the one ya want.
so you use "picodrive" in the settings when making forwarders to allow sega cd games to be used? I am confirming before i waste all my time

Yes, but one release per console. This just will be for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. Even if Sega 32X uses PicoDrive too.
I just read for a little bit and found this. So this forwarder does not work with sega cd games. Geuss i'll have to wait until the sega cd release of the forwarder appears

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For making sega cd games, I have a theory as to what I could try to make this work. There is this tool called "cdmage" and it uses a .cue file and makes a complete game from it. It is used to compile multiple .bin files, like in ps1 games, from one .cue file. I will try this method and see if it gets any results. I will attempt this method to try to make sega cd cias be accessable and easy to make for everyone

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the option of cdmage and even though cdmage successfully makes a .bin file of all the files from the .cue file, the .cia file does not work. All it does is kick me out as soon as it's loaded. Maybe I need to have the sega cd bios on my system. Where do you find the bios files so I can try with the bios?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the option of cdmage and even though cdmage successfully makes a .bin file of all the files from the .cue file, the .cia file does not work. All it does is kick me out as soon as it's loaded. Maybe I need to have the sega cd bios on my system. Where do you find the bios files so I can try with the bios?
Can't tell you where the BIOS files are, as it's against the rules.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These should provide you enough info finding the BIOS on your own.
  1. For Sega CD games that are broken into multiple audio files, see how to merge these into a single set of BIN + CUE.
  2. Dealing with Sega CD games like the BIOS and menu selection settings.

Cooper_W_489

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These should provide you enough info finding the BIOS on your own.
  1. For Sega CD games that are broken into multiple audio files, see how to merge these into a single set of BIN + CUE.
  2. Dealing with Sega CD games like the BIOS and menu selection settings.
Can't tell you where the BIOS files are, as it's against the rules.
I meant to say that I HAVE the bios, but I do not know where to put them for the cia to use them with a forwarder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol