ROM Hack [Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 1 English Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
We wanted a conversation about "niche" games and piracy. We believe they need support. Not everyone on our team agreed, but in the end we did it. What went over the line was people only concentrating on that aspect and not anything else, people linking to the crack or even people actively posting the cracked payload. That's not having a conversation, that's harassment.

I guess this was the wrong platform for it.

Did you honestly not see that coming?

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Please talk only about the translation, not the patch method.

Spirit-of-Justice-Nahyuta.jpg

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think a lot of people will buy the game and ship it, they will wait till a free software alternative shows up. I think making it available to everybody is better... that way a lot more people will play and will want the second part asking capcom for it and capcom could see all those people using the free translation and see all money they could have made, maybe that will make them translate both games and release them as a combo.

Just my opinion.

Pd: Nice work.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont think a lot of people will buy the game and ship it, they will wait till a free software alternative shows up. I think making it available to everybody is better... that way a lot more people will play and will want the second part asking capcom for it and capcom could see all those people using the free translation and see all money they could have made, maybe that will make them translate both games and release them as a combo.
While I can't speak for CAPCOM, I have serious doubts about that. It's been two years already.

Reactions: DarthDub

Mr_TRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this AP debate aside, I've been wanting to play this game for years and I just finished the first episode. I was very pleased with how well done the translation is! I am greatly looking forward to Episode 2. Keep up the Excellent work!

Reactions: Uwabami

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am trying to install this cia patch using Gateway 3DS and FBI, but I have a NCCH invalid error at the end of install.
I tried also to use CIA Decryptor (CXI only) with Decrypt9WIP on the patch, because it decrypts CIA contents and first NCCH container for compatibility with Gateway 3DS. Normally after that, I can install cia with FBI but here, same error is still occuring.
Do you have any idea why ? Is there anything I can do ?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am trying to install this cia patch using Gateway 3DS and FBI, but I have a NCCH invalid error at the end of install.
I tried also to use CIA Decryptor (CXI only) with Decrypt9WIP on the patch, because it decrypts CIA contents and first NCCH container for compatibility with Gateway 3DS. Normally after that, I can install cia with FBI but here, same error is still occuring.
Do you have any idea why ? Is there anything I can do ?
hm, maybe your FBI version is outdated? can you check if your version is up-to-date? https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI

Reactions: DarthDub and Wargla

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hm, maybe your FBI version is outdated? can you check if your version is up-to-date? https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI
I was using FBI 2.4.8, but even with the most recent version (FBI 2.4.10), I am still getting the issue.

"Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E08025
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Invalid NCCH (37)"

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was using FBI 2.4.8, but even with the most recent version (FBI 2.4.10), I am still getting the issue.

"Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E08025
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Invalid NCCH (37)"
hm, if you're using gateway, your firmware is probably not current, right? which firmware are you on?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am on Emunand 11.2.0 when I am trying to install the cia.
Hm, I have to be honest, I haven't tried it on Gateway's CFW. What did the patcher say when the CIA was done? Any errors? (There's alot of output, the last few lines should be enough)

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hm, I have to be honest, I haven't tried it on Gateway's CFW. What did the patcher say when the CIA was done? Any errors? (There's alot of output, the last few lines should be enough)
I didn't make the cia. I got it from "that" iso site on page 1 of the thread speaking about your patch :)
"DGS_Episode1_Update.cia (ENG 2.0.0 Patch)"
It looked compatible for Sky3ds users, so I thought I could install it also with Gateway and FBI.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't make the cia. I got it from "that" iso site on page 1 of the thread speaking about your patch :)
"DGS_Episode1_Update.cia (ENG 2.0.0 Patch)"
It looked compatible for Sky3ds users, so I thought I could install it also with Gateway and FBI.
Sorry, as Seliph said - we only support the patch made via our official methods. If you use a crack, you're on your own.

Wargla

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, as Seliph said - we only support the patch made via our official methods. If you use a crack, you're on your own.
Ok, I understand.
Thanks for the answers, and BTW, of course thanks for providing this translation to people :) I suppose it took some time to you guys.

Reactions: Uwabami

masterofmoms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far is the project as far as the other chapters go?
I'll feel bad if your post is missed, so hopefully you see this edit. We're not really willing to give exact time frames or percentages because workflow is ultimately beholden to both limited free time and limited motivation, and we don't want to disappoint someone if we set expectations that are too high. But I will tell you that we've been making big strides, both quality-wise (in my opinion) and speed-wise.

Last edited by masterofmoms,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o