ROM Hack [RELEASE] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - Hamtaro & Cheburashka Restoration Patch

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your work and for your answers. now I received the cheburashka that I put in a pet house and there is also text with "......" and when I select Check Animal Notebook, it just does not open, maybe it is a bug. reporting here in case of any help
You're welcome!

Additionally, I have an announcement for everyone. I've looked into the game code further, and I've learned that Cheburashka and Hamtaro are excluded from network communications. This means that my patch is safe to use online and with StreetPass. I apologize for the initial confusion, but I just wanted to be cautious. I've updated my post's FAQ to reflect this.

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just uploaded version 1.2 of this patch to the original post.

This version fixes the issue where Dessie's menu options were not available after obtaining Cheburashka. Please let me know if anything else needs fixing!

Reactions: leanderson2006

leanderson2006

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just uploaded version 1.2 of this patch to the original post.

This version fixes the issue where Dessie's menu options were not available after obtaining Cheburashka. Please let me know if anything else needs fixing!

returning here to thank for the patch correction for now seems to be 100%, thank you very much for the work and your attention to solve as soon as possible.

Reactions: ubergeek77

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way like drag and drop method for this mod? My friend wanna try this, but he doesnt have computer.
You'll have to obtain the files from someone and we can't give you the files for the drag and drop method. It's against the forum's rules. If it wasn't against the rules, OP would have the files posted and wouldn't have to result to using the computer and having to need the Japanese romfs.

RarePupper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very confused. I have the Japanese romfs on my computer and the old patch archive from the previous version. Do I do anything with the old JP romfs or do I need to extract everything all over again?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very confused. I have the Japanese romfs on my computer and the old patch archive from the previous version. Do I do anything with the old JP romfs or do I need to extract everything all over again?
Just make sure you have the romfs for the JP v1.4 update and the romfs for the JP base game.

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to extract your Japanese game again. Since you used my previous patch, download the .zip attached to the first post, extract it to a folder, and copy the Japanese RomFS to the folder you just extracted. The only thing you need to do is rename it, so that the filename matches what is listed in the ReadMe. Then, get yourself a copy of the Japanese 1.4 update, and get the RomFS from it somehow. If you have it installed to your system, the easiest way to do this is to use GodMode9.

Once you have the RomFS for both the Japanese game, and the Japanese 1.4 update, you can use this patch.

karikatourea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi.

Newbie here. I just installed my first patch today but gosh, this is way more complicated.

Okay, I finally found out how to update the USA game (my 3ds is PAL), managed to find a japanese rom but I can't update it. When I update it normally it says that the update data download was successful, the data does not seem to install, and keeps prompting me to update. I tried updating through freeshop (as I did with the USA version) but it does not appear in my installed games for some reason.

Aside from that, I'm having some trouble following the guide too. In step 1.
I don't know where the files are going to be exported and how they are named.

Any chance of making a video tutorial?
And making it compatible with EUR versions in the future?

Thanks for all you hard work. Sorry for being a bit silly and not managing by myself. Any help would be really appreciated.

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

Newbie here. I just installed my first patch today but gosh, this is way more complicated.

Okay, I finally found out how to update the USA game (my 3ds is PAL), managed to find a japanese rom but I can't update it. When I update it normally it says that the update data download was successful, the data does not seem to install, and keeps prompting me to update. I tried updating through freeshop (as I did with the USA version) but it does not appear in my installed games for some reason.

Aside from that, I'm having some trouble following the guide too. In step 1.
I don't know where the files are going to be exported and how they are named.

Any chance of making a video tutorial?
And making it compatible with EUR versions in the future?

Thanks for all you hard work. Sorry for being a bit silly and not managing by myself. Any help would be really appreciated.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Since you are using a PAL system, you will not be able to directly update the game through your 3DS. You will have to download it on your computer using something such as FunKeyCIA or PlaiCDN. You will then need to manually install the resulting .cia to your 3DS using FBI. Additionally, while you won't be installing it, it sounds like you will also need to use these tools to obtain a copy of the Japanese 1.4 update.

As for difficulty applying the patch, it's not terribly difficult. Everything will stay in the same folder you extracted from the .zip archive, and the filenames you need are all listed in the archive. However, you will need the RomFS of the Japanese game and 1.4 update, not just the ROM (as in, you cannot use just the .3ds or .cia files). There are a great many resources here on GBATemp that detail how to obtain the RomFS files you need (such as Asia81's guide and toolkit). If the .cia/.3ds files you have are encrypted, you will need to use GodMode9 to decrypt them before you can obtain the RomFS files. Be sure to check their MD5 sums using the included tool before attempting to apply the patch.

Lastly, as much as I would love to make this patch PAL/EUR compatible, it is impossible to do so. The PAL/EUR game never received an official eShop update, and without that, files added by this patch are not unusable. Specifically, the update added story flags and 3D model information that are required to properly load the files added by this patch. Additionally, if the PAL/EUR game does eventually get updated, but those things are for some reason removed, the same situation will apply (to clarify, even though they are unused in the official US version of the game, the data I needed was left intact, making this patch possible).

I don't plan on making a video tutorial, but anyone here is absolutely welcome to do so.

I hope this helps.

karikatourea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Since you are using a PAL system, you will not be able to directly update the game through your 3DS. You will have to download it on your computer using something such as FunKeyCIA or PlaiCDN. You will then need to manually install the resulting .cia to your 3DS using FBI. Additionally, while you won't be installing it, it sounds like you will also need to use these tools to obtain a copy of the Japanese 1.4 update.

As for difficulty applying the patch, it's not terribly difficult. Everything will stay in the same folder you extracted from the .zip archive, and the filenames you need are all listed in the archive. However, you will need the RomFS of the Japanese game and 1.4 update, not just the ROM (as in, you cannot use just the .3ds or .cia files). There are a great many resources here on GBATemp that detail how to obtain the RomFS files you need (such as Asia81's guide and toolkit). If the .cia/.3ds files you have are encrypted, you will need to use GodMode9 to decrypt them before you can obtain the RomFS files. Be sure to check their MD5 sums using the included tool before attempting to apply the patch.

Lastly, as much as I would love to make this patch PAL/EUR compatible, it is impossible to do so. The PAL/EUR game never received an official eShop update, and without that, files added by this patch are not unusable. Specifically, the update added story flags and 3D model information that are required to properly load the files added by this patch. Additionally, if the PAL/EUR game does eventually get updated, but those things are for some reason removed, the same situation will apply (to clarify, even though they are unused in the official US version of the game, the data I needed was left intact, making this patch possible).

I don't plan on making a video tutorial, but anyone here is absolutely welcome to do so.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your quick answer!

I found the update on that iso site. Also, I finally found out what "that iso site" was. I'm learning a lot today. Lol. I'm still too new!

So, after installing the update I should have met all the requirements.

I'm not sure how to locate the files on my SD card. I searched for "jpgame_DecryptedRomFS.bin" and "jpupdate_DecryptedRomFS.bin" but it yielded no results.

(Currently reading Asia81 guide.)

Last edited by karikatourea,

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your quick answer!

I found the update on that iso site. Also, I finally found out what "that iso site" was. I'm learning a lot today. Lol. I'm still too new!

So, after installing the update I should have met all the requirements.

I'm not sure how to locate the files on my SD card. I searched for "jpgame_DecryptedRomFS.bin" and "jpupdate_DecryptedRomFS.bin" but it yielded no results.
Might I suggest taking a closer look at the ROM hack section of said site?

Reactions: karikatourea

karikatourea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry I posted in a rush before. Thanks a lot for the time and effort you put in this (if installing patches can be complicated, I can't imagine creating them) , and thanks for helping me out.

Ok, I installed the patch and individually it works. I still have some trouble to make it run with the TLE patch.

They both work individually, but when replaced the constdata for the "Hamtaro Patch Constdata" provided in the TLE folder, the game crushes.

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I posted in a rush before. Thanks a lot for the time and effort you put in this (if installing patches can be complicated, I can't imagine creating them) , and thanks for helping me out.

Ok, I installed the patch and individually it works. I still have some trouble to make it run with the TLE patch.

They both work individually, but when replaced the constdata for the "Hamtaro Patch Constdata" provided in the TLE folder, the game crushes.
Everything within ConstData is very fragile, and simply overwriting the old file isn't going to work well. To my understanding, Silrae hasn't added support for my updated Cheburashka patch, only my old patch. I could easily merge the two for you, but I don't want to undermine anything Silrae is doing, since I know she's hard at work right now updating TLE.

So, at the moment, the two can't be used together. @Silrae, is there anything you need from me to make these two patches compatible?

Reactions: karikatourea

Silrae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae, is there anything you need from me to make these two patches compatible?
All I have left to do to make our patches compatible is to combine our Msg.xbb files. It'll be a pretty simple process, so I shouldn't need help, but thank you for offering!

@karikatourea I'll be releasing a small update to TLE within the next couple of days that will include full compatibility with this patch. If you really don't want to wait, you could instead temporarily use Ubergeek's old Hamtaro patch and my provided ConstData.

karikatourea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All I have left to do to make our patches compatible is to combine our Msg.xbb files. It'll be a pretty simple process, so I shouldn't need help, but thank you for offering!

@karikatourea I'll be releasing a small update to TLE within the next couple of days that will include full compatibility with this patch. If you really don't want to wait, you could instead temporarily use Ubergeek's old Hamtaro patch and my provided ConstData.

Awesome!

No problems at all with waiting, it's just that I read the thread and didn't see it being mentioned that it needs to be updated, and these are the first patches I installed ever on my life, so chances were I did something wrong :P

Thank you for your awesome work and making the game cooler, I'll keep an eye on it!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
HI @ubergeek77

Found a massive bug.
I got 3 Luma 3DS dumps

first two are from Luma 8.1.1-Something with Actionreplay code and the last one is Luma 3DS 9.0 stable.

They crash when she puts down Mushrooms logs, and try to quit to the normal gameplay after arranging the farm.

EDIT: I don't know how much game saves are copyrighted or not so I haven't uploaded it.

Attachments

• Hamtarocrashes with mushrooms.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by linuxares,

ubergeek77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI @ubergeek77

Found a massive bug.
I got 3 Luma 3DS dumps

first two are from Luma 8.1.1-Something with Actionreplay code and the last one is Luma 3DS 9.0 stable.

They crash when she puts down Mushrooms logs, and try to quit to the normal gameplay after arranging the farm.

EDIT: I don't know how much game saves are copyrighted or not so I haven't uploaded it.
You're the second person to report this. I honestly have no idea what causes it, and I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it.

It's such an erroneous bug that I'm not sure where to look for a fix. I didn't touch anything related to items, so nothing like that should be happening. For it to be limited to one specific item is even more bizarre.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You're the second person to report this. I honestly have no idea what causes it, and I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it.

It's such an erroneous bug that I'm not sure where to look for a fix. I didn't touch anything related to items, so nothing like that should be happening. For it to be limited to one specific item is even more bizarre.
Is it maybe that Hamtaro does something with them and therefore crashes? Maybe if possible, to extract them from the Japanese version and load them by the same method?
Because she can put down a Silo, it works fine. But as soom it's the mushroom logs, it breaks. So it have something to do with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock