Hacking [RELEASE] Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace Full English Patch v1.0 for PS Vita

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Fellow Steins;Gate fans and Vita fans,

Today is my pleasure to finally release a full English Patch for Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace on the Vita for you all! This patch translates the whole game to English.

Download link (v1.0): https://www.mediafire.com/file/8wc4b5uaufk4h8r/MDE_Full_English_Patch_v1.0_Xdelta.rar/file

What's translated?
  • All the in-game routes
  • All the images
  • All the video files (thanks to u/Maki-)
  • All the menus and graphics
  • All the TIPS, even the untranslated ones!
  • Even some smaller typos in the texts are fixed
What's not translated?
  • The trophies; there's no point in translating them and have a risk of getting banned
How to use the patch?: Download the patch and follow the instructions that are included there.

Known issues:
  • The secret message, which you unlock at the end of the game when you get all the mails, may appear sooner when you're in the process of getting the mails. I managed to trigger it a few times when playtesting the last route. It's not anything game-breaking, you may just get a message from a certain somebody earlier than expected.
If you find any bugs, let me know on Discord Spazzery#2857 or here. If anybody plays through the entire game without any bugs, let me know as well.

Additional notes:
  • I had to shorten a huge amount of TIPS to prevent them from crashing the game. A lot of them are shortened and re-written, with some parts cut out here and there.
  • You advance the text with the O button.
  • All of Rainet Kakeru's Story TIPS were too long and caused problems in the TIPS, so I had to truncate them with a (...) at the end. If you really wanna read them fully, here: https://pastebin.com/R130Y1Y9
  • The text sometimes goes off screen when it's more than 4 lines. To see the text, go to the next screen and then use the backlog option.
  • I translated some untranslated TIPS that didn't exist in the English version at all, using the help of a few fans and machine translation. They are noted as such in the TIPS.
  • If you have the game downloaded, you can theoretically save space by deleting the files bg2.cpk (~206 MB) and movie2.cpk (~574 MB) in ux0:/app/PCSG00146/gamedata folder. I haven't tried it myself though, so try at your own risk; if anybody does try it, let me know if it works.
You can play this if you've either played Steins;Gate; Steins;Gate Elite or watched the Steins;Gate Anime before. For playing the translated routes, follow the guide here: https://www.kirikiribasara.com/2020/12/09/steinsgate-my-darlings-embrace-100-guide/.

Special thanks to: my friend h3rmit. It was thanks to your help and assistance that I ever completed this project, very many thanks to you!; Maki, for the English video files; Matthew for some earlier route testing; myself for actually playing through the entire game, testing ALL the routes and mails and shortening ALL the TIPS, which itself took over a month. Good job dude! x)

It took a lot of time and effort, but it was also fun making this patch, so I hope you enjoy it!

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
What is the playing order of these titles as I've never looked at them before. There are a couple of English releases (SG and SG0) plus a few others which are JP only and translated as above.

Insight please and thanks for the effort involved in translating and sharing to keep the Vita alive.

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
What is the playing order of these titles as I've never looked at them before. There are a couple of English releases (SG and SG0) plus a few others which are JP only and translated as above.

Insight please and thanks for the effort involved in translating and sharing to keep the Vita alive.
To start off, there's 5(!) Steins;Gate games on the Vita:
* Steins;Gate (the original)
* Steins;Gate Elite (S;G E)
* Steins;Gate 0
* Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace (MDE)
* Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram (LBP) (released yesterday in English)

S;G and S;G 0 are the main games of the same story. To get the main story experience, it is recommend to play them first.
There's a translation improvement patch for S;G 0.
There's also Steins;Gate Elite, which is a remake of the original Steins;Gate with anime graphics (the original one has more content though and is usually recommended over Elite)

S;G MDE is a fun rom-com game *side game*, and it can be played after the first Steins;Gate if you wanted.
S;G LBP is a collection of 11 short-ish stories in different S;G worldlines. It's also a side game. You can also play it after the first S;G if you wanted.

The order I played in: S;G --> S;G 0 --> MDE --> LBP

But it's not incorrect to play them in release order too, if you wanted:
S;G --> MDE --> LBP --> S;G 0.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can someone just upload the repatch folder please? These xdelta patchers NEVER work. I got the game from NPS. Got the files on the "original files" folder, but the patcher doesn't work. This ALWAYS happens. Just upload the modified files and save everyone the hassle...

Spazzery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Can someone just upload the repatch folder please? These xdelta patchers NEVER work. I got the game from NPS. Got the files on the "original files" folder, but the patcher doesn't work. This ALWAYS happens. Just upload the modified files and save everyone the hassle...
I bet this "always" happens because your files are *encrypted*. They're always encrypted when you download them off NPS without decrypting them.

As for the rePatch folder, there's one in reddit on r/VitaPiracy. My signature should even lead to a link there.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet this "always" happens because your files are *encrypted*. They're always encrypted when you download them off NPS without decrypting them.

As for the rePatch folder, there's one in reddit on r/VitaPiracy. My signature should even lead to a link there.
are you decrypting them through vita shell?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...