• Replies 0
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Stardust Sound Patcher, Current Version 1.0.1:
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6173644b3847592e706e67

What is this?

This is a tool I hacked together for soundmodding CPS3 (Capcom Play System III Arcade) games. Using this tool, you can easily create and distribute soundmods for CPS3 ROMs.

Do keep in mind this program is only intended for use with v0.2.96 FBA CPS3 ROMs. CPS3 ROMs intended for FBA v0.2.97 will not work.

How does it work?
CPS3 ROMs store raw, uncompressed audio data in the 30 and 31 files. All of the game's samples and sound effects are stored in these two files back-to-back, which can make them a bit of a hassle to deal with. Using Stardust Sound Patcher, you can jump to a certain point in the audio file (where a sound effect or voice clip may be stored), and import new audio from an MP3, WAV, or AIFF file over it. The program automatically converts the audio from the MP3/WAV/AIFF to Unsigned 8-bit Mono PCM, meaning that soundmodders won't have to worry about their audio being in the correct format.

The program also allows you to import and export collections of sound replacements as zip files, allowing for easy sharing of sound mods without resorting to IPS Patches or sharing the entire 30/31 files themselves.

How do I use it?
I've got a tutorial up right here.

Why would I use something like this over Audacity?
Like mentioned previously, this program facilitates sharing of sound patch collections, which can be both imported and exported by the program. It also handles audio conversion (stereo to mono, as well as changing the sampling rate) for you, so you don't have to edit your audio files manually, saving a bit of time in the process.
  • Add a low-pass filter to improve sound quality in-game
  • Add audio visualizer to make sound navigation much easier
Hope you guys enjoy this tool. If any of you have any suggestions or bugfixes, let me know in the thread, or post an issue on the GitHub repository.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?