Homebrew [RELEASE] SOON!2 (Super cOOl iNstaller! 2) - A new super cool CIA installer

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't show up in system settings.. Weird. I installed it on 2 systems at the same time. As i got a legit and one other .cia of the game i accidentally installed the non-legit version on my own 3ds. After i got knowledge of my mistake i deleted the non legit version and can't get the legit version to be installed. It got installed on the other 3ds with no issue though.. Is this an issue with title ids? I currently install it via bigbluemenu :)

Edit: Ok it worked with big blue menu :)

One question though: I tried installing it twice with SOON.. Will this take up any space on my SD if installation failed (with no error message)?

Last edited by noreason4,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It doesn't show up in system settings.. Weird. I installed it on 2 systems at the same time. As i got a legit and one other .cia of the game i accidentally installed the non-legit version on my own 3ds. After i got knowledge of my mistake i deleted the non legit version and can't get the legit version to be installed. It got installed on the other 3ds with no issue though.. Is this an issue with title ids? I currently install it via bigbluemenu :)

Edit: Ok it worked with big blue menu :)

One question though: I tried installing it twice with SOON.. Will this take up any space on my SD if installation failed (with no error message)?
Go to SOON!2 and check the UniqueID or the SOON! ID from the files you wanted to install.
If the "failed" file and the "working" file haves the same Unique ID or SOON! ID, then you have no dummy space on your SD card. If does not have the same ID, then you most probably have a dummy "out-of-region" game in your SD card. You can delete it in the "Uninstall Software" area.

I want to know what CIA file failed to you. Can you please tell me?
Ah, remember you should have enough free space to install the game in your SD card. SOON!2 will not warn you about this and the installation will be "Auto-Cancelled" once SOON!2 runs out of free space in you SD card...
If the installation gets "Auto-Cancelled", the dummy data it's deleted.

If failed for some strange reason, you can delete the dummy data by going into Data Management, then clicking over 3DS and then finally clicking on any option (except the extdata one). If you have some dummy/garbage/damaged data in your SD card it will get authomatically deleted.

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,
Reactions: DarkRioru

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
SOON!2 website it's down.
We do not get enough recaudation to pay the website bill.
A user already told us he has a host for our use, we will work on move SOON!'s website.
Please wait for us. We will fix this as SOON! as we can.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
SOON!2 website it's down.
We do not get enough recaudation to pay the website bill.
A user already told us he has a host for our use, we will work on move SOON!'s website.
Please wait for us. We will fix this as SOON! as we can.
ok I understand your problem... my friend owns a wapka site and its hard to keep it running in order at times lol

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Temporary solution:
Download link it's on the main post.

Art downloader will be working once we get a new host and I update the application.

By the way, the next SOON!2 version will come with a German translation!

Reactions: Akira and dmc310

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does someone know the maximum write speeds of 3DS/N3DS internal card reader? (USB 1.x/2.x?)

A fast SD card is good for transfering cia's from PC to SD but installing certain titles (~ 2GB) really take a long time and i'm thinking this is due to the (N)3DS's card reader's specification.

Zedjones said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/commen...high_speed_sd_card_impact_performance/d1wrba5

I believe the 3DS caps out it's read and writes at about 5-10 MB/s. Gameplay wise, anything well above this won't make much of an impact. The only difference will be in transferring from your PC, and the need for that will vary from person to person.

If this is true: :sad:

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
The sound that plays when you hover over the Soon!2 Icon thing is Zyuden Sentai Kyoryugers, that's so cool, you definitely get kudo's for that I instantly recongnized it when I heard it

Reactions: TheMisterMees

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I think the having the cover art icons severely bloated the size of this app... Displaying details like region and title should be more than enough for people, it's not like you're browsing for games to download on your 3ds. For example, wanna uninstall some stuff to make space, I don't need to see their cover art - I know what games I have on my system, I just want to see which is which instead of deciphering unintelligible lists of numbers that FBI offers you.

tl;dr useful, but jesus christ too much fluff

EDIT: No file size? No remaining free space? Not even a game title? You give me a buncha unintelligible codes, but not the game title? What would I do with a "Soon ID"? Unique ID? Product Code? Why do they take so much screen space and then completely omit pertinent features like app file size and remaining free space (and the actual game title), which is the entire point of uninstalling apps - to free some space?

...dude, your app needs a LOT of work.

Last edited by ferofax,
Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: colongphung

colongphung

Trophies