United States
Last edited by Svaethier,

Winged Cupcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting it to the cart option, someone mentioned that they were switched in the build.

You don't need to patch anything, the saltysd code.bins are downloaded from the tool (if the servers aren't dead).
Okay now it just loads vanilla smash.
Also I think the servers are dead, earlier I tried downloading via Smash-Selector and nothing after like 2 hours.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it again with current one and it output to the exe folders.

Edit: still gets stuck at blackscreen
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9e7xcUkDbCsNjN5LXA5aWFXNmc/view?usp=sharing try this (US only)
Okay now it just loads vanilla smash.
Also I think the servers are dead, earlier I tried downloading via Smash-Selector and nothing after like 2 hours.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7555wcks1m9n84/codes.zip?dl=1 try this (idk what regions, I just stole it from a discord server)

hypershadic661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have firmlaunch hook enabled and do other extended memory games have issues?

Try setting it to the cart option, someone mentioned that they were switched in the build.

You don't need to patch anything, the saltysd code.bins are downloaded from the tool (if the servers aren't dead).
The servers appear to be dead at the moment. Do I just wait?

Last edited by hypershadic661,

Winged Cupcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But yeah I tried to use those files, Cart, vanilla smash loads instead of mods
I tried both the "saltysd/smash1" and "saltysdMODS/Slot_1" organizations, and I tried both this and an older version of Smash-Selector

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
But yeah I tried to use those files, Cart, vanilla smash loads instead of mods
I tried both the "saltysd/smash1" and "saltysdMODS/Slot_1" organizations, and I tried both this and an older version of Smash-Selector
Download the bin files from the OP if you're using luma and use the latest selector version, set it to use cartridge as it loads the cia file instead due to that version being messed up.

CurlyCue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They pushed out update 1.1.7 around a week ago for Smash 3DS. So now Smash Selector doesn't work. Can the dev please update Smash Selector so it works for 1.1.7? I really want to be able to play my mods and also play vanilla online. Thank you.

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They pushed out update 1.1.7 around a week ago for Smash 3DS. So now Smash Selector doesn't work. Can the dev please update Smash Selector so it works for 1.1.7? I really want to be able to play my mods and also play vanilla online. Thank you.
I'm confused by your first statement. 1.1.7 isn't a thing...
Something else is causing the issue.

CurlyCue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused by your first statement. 1.1.7 isn't a thing...
Something else is causing the issue.
They pushed out some time of update then really recently, sometime within the last month. Smash selector doesn't load the mods that I select and doesn't launch the game when I hit 'launch game'. It boots me back to the home screen. It will only load the mods that are in the "saltysd/smash" folder and nothing else. Please help

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They pushed out some time of update then really recently, sometime within the last month. Smash selector doesn't load the mods that I select and doesn't launch the game when I hit 'launch game'. It boots me back to the home screen. It will only load the mods that are in the "saltysd/smash" folder and nothing else. Please help
I'm still not too sure what you're referring to as the last update was 1.1.6. Regardless, try this Smash Selector build: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-smash-selector.431245/page-9#post-6613632

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want us to believe you, then at least provide evidence.

CurlyCue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not too sure what you're referring to as the last update was 1.1.6. Regardless, try this Smash Selector build: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-smash-selector.431245/page-9#post-6613632
I'm dumb. Ignore my update stuff. Somehow my data for Sm4sh was deleted and it made me install every update. So after installing the Cia that you referred me to, my "saltySD/smash" is now "saltySD/smash100". However it still doesn't load my mods from Smash Selector. I have Super Smash Bros Neos mod in "saltysdMODS/Slot_2" yet it doesn't load my mods. It always loads vanilla. Is there something I'm forgetting? Which is probably what happened. I may have missed a step.

Flystar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm dumb. Ignore my update stuff. Somehow my data for Sm4sh was deleted and it made me install every update. So after installing the Cia that you referred me to, my "saltySD/smash" is now "saltySD/smash100". However it still doesn't load my mods from Smash Selector. I have Super Smash Bros Neos mod in "saltysdMODS/Slot_2" yet it doesn't load my mods. It always loads vanilla. Is there something I'm forgetting? Which is probably what happened. I may have missed a step.
What I linked to you was an older build which uses an older version of SaltySD, so that's why the folder renamed. My b. Try installing the newer version again and renaming the folders to Slot_1, Slot_2, etc. Since you have Neos in the Slot_2 folder, make sure you have a Slot_1 folder. In the new version of Smash-Selector, the CIA and cartridge options are swapped, so select CIA if you're playing on a cart or vice versa. Also make sure that SaltySD is actually enabled and the region matches your cart or CIA. Smash-Selector only loading from the smash folder is intentional as saltysdMODS is for mods not loaded at that point in time.
If all else fails, use the older build that I linked and this code.bin (USA only) with the older version instructions in the OP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k32wuq1af6grcy/00040000000EDF00.bin?dl=0

CurlyCue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I linked to you was an older build which uses an older version of SaltySD, so that's why the folder renamed. My b. Try installing the newer version again and renaming the folders to Slot_1, Slot_2, etc. Since you have Neos in the Slot_2 folder, make sure you have a Slot_1 folder. In the new version of Smash-Selector, the CIA and cartridge options are swapped, so select CIA if you're playing on a cart or vice versa. Also make sure that SaltySD is actually enabled and the region matches your cart or CIA. Smash-Selector only loading from the smash folder is intentional as saltysdMODS is for mods not loaded at that point in time.
If all else fails, use the older build that I linked and this code.bin (USA only) with the older version instructions in the OP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k32wuq1af6grcy/00040000000EDF00.bin?dl=0
Thank you so much! I installed the latest version of Smash Selector and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again