[RELEASE] Smash-Selector

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Cydget, Jun 17, 2016.

?

Did this work for you?

1. Yes

41.4%
  2. No

26.2%
  3. I didn't try yet

21.4%
  4. I wont try it due to the required luma3ds

11.0%
Jun 17, 2016

[RELEASE] Smash-Selector by Cydget at 4:17 AM (43,409 Views / 14 Likes) 512 replies

1. Cydget
    OP

Member Cydget GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got a new router yesterday, so the server is going to be down for a bit until I update the ip addresses. You can download them manualy here https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7555wcks1m9n84/codes.zip?dl=1

2. Udet21

Member Udet21 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  3. theultimateben

Newcomer theultimateben Newbie

United States
    Ok so I have those codes, but where do I actually put them?

4. jt_1258

Member jt_1258 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how will I know when it's done downloading saltysd, it just freezes up with what I assume it's saying "Downloading... This may take" partially rendered, can't understand the rest, any kinda eta? Also, don't know if it's an issue but I don't have saltysd whatsoever on the system so I'm hoping this can basically do the install for me :/

Edit: would help if I read what was at the top of the page *sigh, nvm I guess

Last edited by jt_1258, Dec 31, 2016 - Reason: I can't read
  5. Cydget
    OP

United States
    Do you have an o3ds?
    If so can you try a version of smash selector for me?
    The server is going to be down for a while, because comcast thought it would be a great Idea to change my router into one the cant port forward.

6. jt_1258

United States
    ah, k, im on 2ds so ill go ahead and try, also, :/ where does the codes folder go? is it sd:/luma/code_sections/ codes and then inside is the core bin files?

7. jt_1258

United States
    never have tried the old one but it dumped me back to the home menu after trying to select launch game
    edit: the new one you just posted their
    edit 2: wether salty sd is enabled or not

Last edited by jt_1258, Dec 31, 2016 - Reason: Details, they are important
  8. Cydget
    OP

United States
    So the new one launches without crashing on your 2ds?
    I think it goes in /luma/code_sections you just have to put the bin files there. I heard that luma3ds nightly uses a different folder to load them. If you want to use that you will need to change the settings/config file in /3ds/data/smash_selector or something like that to the proper location(I dont know where the nightlies loads it from);

9. jt_1258

United States
    I don't use nightlys because I don't really see much point but I have the bins in sd:/luma/code_sections now. It still crashes when I click to press game even with salty sd disabled :/ not sure how much of a difference it makes but here are the details of my system, 11.2 luma cfw with a9lh

10. Cydget
    OP

United States
    instead of launching with smash selector, could you save then return to home menu and then open the game from the home menu? Also after you save, could you send me the saltysd settings file so I can see whats up?

11. jt_1258

United States
    I apologize for screwing anything up if i am, this literally my first time using any smash mods whatsoever, im gona go ahead and send the file over
    if you could, pleas direct me some sort of texture modification for the main menu, just as a quick way of testing if all is working well without goin into a match, i haven't had a chance to find any good mods yet :/

Attached Files:

12. Cydget
    OP

United States
    Im going to update the main page today with better instructions for the new version. You can check that in an hour or 2.
    EDIT: I think you can follow the instructions on the main page now

Last edited by Cydget, Dec 31, 2016
    jt_1258 likes this.
  13. Udet21

Canada
    It's me again. Smash won't load mods for some reason, I go into Smash Selector, I make sure that SaltySD is selected, and boot Smash 4, but Vanilla Smash 4 loads instead of my modded version. I tried deleting all the updates to install SaltySD, then redownload them, but that didn't work. I'm not sure how I can fix this, it's really odd.

EDIT: (I am on N3DS USA, by the way.)

Last edited by Udet21, Jan 1, 2017
  14. ih8ih8sn0w

Member ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    Are you using a stable luma build?

15. Udet21

Canada
    Yeah, I got it working now (TBH I have no idea what made it work I just did some random things and then it worked), but thanks anyways :)

16. coon-strudel

Member coon-strudel Drawing on MSPaint since 2000 c:

Under the sheets trying not to freeze to death
    United States
    So i have one version of smash-selector on my 3dsxl that works perfect. The version provided in this post looks way different, and wont work on my smaller o3ds. Can you please provide a link to the older versions?

17. AlexRodriguez_2020

Newcomer AlexRodriguez_2020 Member

United States
    Can
    How can I install this i need help installing this I have a 2ds with hombrew and cfw installed idk how to install saltysd and where to put everything plz help.

18. Cydget
    OP

United States
    I dont have a copy of the old versions sorry. I thought that I fixed the crash that o3ds and the 2ds was having, but I guess not. It shouldn't take too long to fix. I just need someone to test it for me.
    You install this with a cia installer such as fbi,bbb, or something else. As for where to put the files, reread the main post and do 1 step at a time. If you have questions about a specific part, let me know what part it is as "where to put everything plz help" is already covered in the main post.

19. AkitoUF

Newcomer AkitoUF Advanced Member

Chile
    For some reason, the menu music for Smash doesn't work instantly.
    It plays the original menu music and it resets to my custom one whenever I finish a fight and return to the Character select screen.

In the vault, the custom themes play fine.

20. Cydget
    OP

United States
    That seems like either a saltysd issue or a sound file issue where looping is not working. It can also just be that smash loads the menu sounds differently than other sounds. If its a saltysd issue post about it here https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/issues