ROM Hack [Release] Shin Megami Tensei IV Undub

Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's because it's undecrypted so the patch is huge, but it's still faster than downloading both roms and doing it manually yourself

Can you set up an alternative download link, if possible?
For some reason MEGA is not letting me download (and yes I have an account and required extensions).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The patch file is more than the size of the game? Is this normal because it's undecrypted.

Would it be faster to disassemble the JP game and switch the audio files, or this method?
i didnt actually want to point that out originally.....as he rebuilt it and created the ppf by comparing encrypted with decrypted he has pretty much shared the whole rom :P.........to make a patch smaller you need to re-xor instead, and the file sizes need to stay around the same size etc

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well this was the only way I could do it without literally sharing the complete rom or xorpads (which would be illegal).

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Though a little off-topic, turns out all the lyric files in Hatsune Miku - Project Mirai 2 are in plaintext. Just have to work through and translate them all, line by tedious line. And considering it's 4467 lines long, even though some of that is config data, that's still a bloody shyte tonne of work. Yay..........

Oh, also, all the song titles are stored in plaintext as well, so that's a good start on translation, as all of them are available pre-translated already. Guess that's where I'm going to start.

Edit: MIKU WHY? WHY YOU BETRAY US?

8f268ade16.png

Also, according to HM-PM2, the 3DS input lag is 0.034 seconds. So yeah, that's cool.

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I wasn't able to do Soul Hackers and I probably won't be able to at all, due to a peculiar way in which the game stores the voices.
Thankfully Soul Hackers has pretty amazing dub, which is a rare sight from Atlus USA, and personally I prefer the dubbed version of SH anyway.
Devil Survivor had absolutely abysmal dub though so I'm glad I was able to undub it.

Reactions: Askedforthis

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unpack the rom
Replace the audio files by hand
Repack the rom
That's the short version.

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hehehhehe, yeah.
But honestly, repacking the rom was the hardest part for me.
Undubbing itself took literally 5 minutes tops in case of SMT4.
But I really am not the guy to ask regarding repacking roms, I was taught by Huntereb and myself don't really know much beyond what he taught me.
All I can say from my end is that properly editing RSF is crucial, even when using the ExHeader Injector.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In Regards of RF4 Undub, Just a out of the box suggestion but if you want to automate matching voice files you might wanna turn files into mp3 and post it on 4 chan requesting match up, if you're lucky you're gonna have them matched within a few hours ;)

I remember how crazy fast people worked on koihime musou voice patch.. then again koihime was an eroge.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious how these undub patches don't violate the forum rules since they contain copy-written data from the japanese version of the game. Not trying to troll, just looking for clarification on how this works exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!