Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And as an aside, Leia was originally meant to be in Mirai 2, but they never finished implementing it. About half of the data is still there, and also the index entries are there but marked inactive.

Err... that was meant to be an edit of my last post, not a reply... oops?

Reactions: GHANMI

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm glad I decided to delay playing SMT 4. Now I just have to wait for the movies being reverse engineered. Fortunately, there's plenty of titles both on and off 3DS to keep me busy. :D

ILOVEPIE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohan.sdsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Sadly it's not, there's more to it.
If it was just .mo, I would be able to convert it using existing .mo converters but none of them work.
I think it said something about the header or magic numbers being changed, if that's the only issue a simple patching program should get it working.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is there anyway to convert this to CIA? I get errors that a bin file isn't generated.
pretty sure its zero encrypted, so yeah it should be possible but the steps will be slightly different meaning the auto tools would probably need adjusting to not use xorpads

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is anyone working at undub RF4 right now?
Last time I heard the thing wasn't go so well because the voice file was too messy to sort out to switch.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is anyone working at undub RF4 right now?
Last time I heard the thing wasn't go so well because the voice file was too messy to sort out to switch.

I haven't looked at it to be honest. According to HomuHomu the easiest solution (exchanging the text files) crashes the game if you try playing it further than the introduction sequence.

I can test some stuff later on and see what works out, it might require some extra files that are located in the other folders. After diffing the trees all I could really find was a "logo" file named "logo_exs.bctex" hidden in the menu_field folder in the American one that isn't in the Japanese one and it might be crashing because that one is missing. It's just that one, the different voice files, some extra staffrolls and the files in /text and /textAndData that are really missing from the Japanese one. Some of the textures have different md5s from the Japanese release which I assume are textures that have written text on them, but I hardly think those could have an impact on it not crashing.

Other than that, the English one is really trimmed down with a lot of "MAP" files and some testing files are removed. I presume those are debugging maps or some maps that got cut from the English release?

Diff the JP and EN trees and you can see the differences. If adding the missing files from the English release to the Japanese one doesn't solve the issue, it's pretty hard to guess what files makes it crash, so if that happens I'm out of ideas.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I haven't looked at it to be honest. According to HomuHomu the easiest solution (exchanging the text files) crashes the game if you try playing it further than the introduction sequence.

I can test some stuff later on and see what works out, it might require some extra files that are located in the other folders. After diffing the trees all I could really find was a "logo" file named "logo_exs.bctex" hidden in the menu_field folder in the American one that isn't in the Japanese one and it might be crashing because that one is missing. It's just that one, the different voice files, some extra staffrolls and the files in /text and /textAndData that are really missing from the Japanese one. Some of the textures have different md5s from the Japanese release which I assume are textures that have written text on them, but I hardly think those could have an impact on it not crashing.

Other than that, the English one is really trimmed down with a lot of "MAP" files and some testing files are removed. I presume those are debugging maps or some maps that got cut from the English release?

Diff the JP and EN trees and you can see the differences. If adding the missing files from the English release to the Japanese one doesn't solve the issue, it's pretty hard to guess what files makes it crash, so if that happens I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Well, I've replaced the necessary files, but I have no idea how to repack the ROM and apparently my Google-FU is not good enough to find any relevant super-secret repacking tools, so I guess that's as far as I can go.

PM Canzah for that matter, I'm sure he will share the methor with you.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
PM Canzah for that matter, I'm sure he will share the methor with you.

So after getting the repacking to work I can confirm that it does indeed randomly freeze during the intro. I've tried fixing it in many different ways and there just simply isn't any way that's happening. If there was a specific place it kept freezing it could maybe be easier to solve, but unfortunately it's completely random so I'm out of ideas.

I also tried some of the other "extremely unlikely" scenarios like changing out the English folder with the Japanese one respectively and replacing the sounddata.bcsar and again it freezes. I also tried repacking the ROM without any modifications at all to see if the repacking process made it freeze, but then it obviously didn't freeze anymore as nothing was modified.

So I'd say this one is damn hard to get working and I'm unfortunately not going to continue on trying. It seems like this one has to go to someone with more time on their hands to test different replacement scenarios out. Feel free to shoot ideas though.

Here are the two custom RFS files I made for repacking (I injected the original exheader back into it afterwards using the ExInjector, so I dunno how much those really helped).

Attachments

• Rune Factory 4 RSF.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 150

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1313Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

You plan on checking this one out ? :>>

It's out already? Well damn, VENOM. That's like two weeks before the actual release date.

I'll look into it it right now. Hopefully this doesn't have strange filename screwups or that sort of thing.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried to see if CIA would work and Persona Q is packed into a cpk file. Hope you make steps for Persona Q if you release it, since I want to make an undub into a CIA.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried to see if CIA would work and Persona Q is packed into a cpk file. Hope you make steps for Persona Q if you release it, since I want to make an undub into a CIA.

Yes, the Japanese one was packed into a single cpk file and needs to be be unpacked using QuickBMS or unpack_cpk. I bet the English one is packed in a similar way. Hopefully the AWS2 archives won't need to be repacked and can simply be overwritten, but who knows.

Unfortunately you might need to wait a little. I can decrypt the ROM and peek around in the US version right now, but I can't undub it as my Japanese PQ dump is at home so I'd say it'll take at least 9-12 hours until I'm home and I've been able to replace, repack and test it. Canzah maybe has the tools available to do it immediately.

I think the main problem here would be repacking the cpk back after replacing the voice files, but I think the solution is already found as the cpk and PQ files are packed with CRIWare proprietary software and is often used in games and common tools are usually already documented well enough to use. Google "MGR CPK repack" for a guide thread on repacking cpk archives.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just compared the two file trees of Persona Q (JP) and Persona Q (EN) and they seem pretty much 100% identical. I couldn't find a single difference at all in file names or extra files.

I might also add that this release is actually not encrypted with the 7.x keys, otherwise I think there would be another 7.x xorpad. Strange considering it requires firmware 8.1 to play.

Here is the Persona Q English release file tree. The Japanese one can be found here in an old post I made when decrypting became a thing.

Attachments

• Persona Q (English).txt
    287.5 KB · Views: 468
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a