Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea if FirmLaunch can be ported from PastaCFW?

the triforce heroes demo requires it. And more titles in the future are probably going to require it
You don't need Firmlaunch on an O3DS as you can update to the latest firmware. If you are using an N3DS, that's another story as we are still limited to 9.5.0.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
N3DS 9.6.0 and higher use a different encryption key that nobody has been able to crack. I believe one can use an O3DS to decrypt the title and fix it to run on older firmware but that's out of my area of expertise.

but pasta with Firmlaunch fixes this. And other temp users agree. Although RxTools doesn't have firmlaunch yet...will It ever?

basically if more games adopt this newer firmware reqirement...Rxtools will be inferior to PastaCFW until this critical feature is brought to Rxtools

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but pasta with Firmlaunch fixes this. And other temp users agree. Although RxTools doesn't have firmlaunch yet...will It ever?

basically if more games adopt this newer firmware reqirement...Rxtools will be inferior to PastaCFW until this critical feature is brought to Rxtools
You can play the demo on an N3DS with Pasta?

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as O3DS users can just update newest emunand...hold on I saw a thread im trying to find it again

okay someone said it's on the 2DS but here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-the-minimum-fw-needed-for-the-triforce-heroes-demo.399663/

this user was on 9.0 and using firmlaunch they apparently got it to work
Don't expect anything soon as most of the developers are back in school/college.

It works on the 2DS on 9.0 because we know the keys for the 2DS as they haven't changed. The N3DS is a different story.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't expect anything soon as most of the developers are back in school/college.

It works on the 2DS on 9.0 because we know the keys for the 2DS as they haven't changed. The N3DS is a different story.

well I'll get my cubic ninja with my N3DS with the old HB loader and will attempt to try this later....i'll report back...I dont think any one has tried to launch the demo on a N3ds using firmlaunch...yet

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't since ironfall is not available on eshop anymore.

Moot point, since it has now been updated and Ironhax won't work anymore, but It was still always available if you had previously downloaded it. You just had to go through the re-downloadable software menu.

its not on eshop anymore, but its still downloadable via funky cia... i tried it 1 week ago, both game and update...
See above. funkycia downloads it FROM THE ESHOP in the first place...

OK, I resolved one problem, but I have another: I'm getting the error "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4".

Looking at the source code, it is because I don't have /rxTools/data/0004013820000002.bin. Except...I do. I also put a copy as 0004013800000002.bin to be safe. And firmware.bin. I also have copies of these three files on the root of my SD card.

I made the file using cdn_firm.py.

I *think* you have this sorted out by now, but first of all, you use firmware.bin made with the .py script for O3DS ONLY. You use the firmware.bin from the reinand package (in the paste bin) and rename it to 0004013800000002orig.bin. Do NOT put copies of them in the root, and do not use all of them at the same time. Remove the ones that aren't for the system you are using and delete rxtools.dat if you are using a 3.0 beta (nightly). rxtools.dat has been replaced with code.bin and is not located in the root anymore.

What? Of course RxTools uses Firmlaunch! One of the main issues with n3ds is that you can't use devmode (which is using the NAND NATIVE_FIRM instead of firmlaunch).

Sorry for the huge post of quotes. I was even going to quote more, but lost interest. for some reason, I stopped getting notifications for like 10 pages... I finally decided to go ahead and start using an emunand on my N3DS so I could use amiibo with Chibi Robo. It's good to be hard modded. Instead of banging my head over how to update emunand to 9.5 PROPERLY, I simply launched sysnand with an old Pasta build and used sysupdater, then injected it to emunand, then flashed 9.2 back to sysnand.

And by the way, not only is it really recommended to unlink sys/emu NANDs for several reasons, but there is nothing wrong with formatting sysnand on 9.x N3DS even with a downgraded MSET. I don't see what the problem is. Of course, I already had an OOT cart setup to boot back into GW menu to reinstall NVRAM and such (not to mention the retail CN cart)...

I'm not quite sure what the fuss is all about with GBA stuff and supposedly having to install in both emunand and sysnand. That stuff does not require a higher firmware and since both GW and CFW can boot into sysnand, why bother? Just play those games from sysnand and be done with it. EDIT: Strike that about GW. You must be in devmode, unless that patched TWL_FIRM or whatever floating around fixes that. I've never had to deal with it since I own all of those games legit and can simply play from sysnand without any hax or CFW at all.

Last edited by urherenow,

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Moot point, since it has now been updated and Ironhax won't work anymore, but It was still always available if you had previously downloaded it. You just had to go through the re-downloadable software menu.

See above. funkycia downloads it FROM THE ESHOP in the first place...

I *think* you have this sorted out by now, but first of all, you use firmware.bin made with the .py script for O3DS ONLY. You use the firmware.bin from the reinand package (in the paste bin) and rename it to 0004013800000002orig.bin. Do NOT put copies of them in the root, and do not use all of them at the same time. Remove the ones that aren't for the system you are using and delete rxtools.dat if you are using a 3.0 beta (nightly). rxtools.dat has been replaced with code.bin and is not located in the root anymore.

What? Of course RxTools uses Firmlaunch! One of the main issues with n3ds is that you can't use devmode (which is using the NAND NATIVE_FIRM instead of firmlaunch).

where can you enable / disable Firmlaunch? I see dev mode and it says it patches for GBA compatibility and that freezes. So basically Devmode is firmlaunch?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can you enable / disable Firmlaunch? I see dev mode and it says it patches for GBA compatibility and that freezes. So basically Devmode is firmlaunch?
Devmode disables Firmlaunch but it does't work on the N3DS yet.

Nintendo removed the older Native_Firm files a while ago to stop us.

IronFall is back on the eShop and is patched.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmlaunch is the default behavior. It uses the firmware.bin file on your card instead of from the NAND. Devmode only uses what's in the NAND. This does not work on a N3DS. It's in the advanced menu.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Firmlaunch is the default behavior. It uses the firmware.bin file on your card instead of from the NAND. Devmode only uses what's in the NAND. This does not work on a N3DS. It's in the advanced menu.

so would triforce heroes work on Emunand for N3DS 9.2 for rxtools? PastaCFW firmlaunch doesn't work for it. ReiNAND doesn't work for it either

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so would triforce heroes work on Emunand for N3DS 9.2 for rxtools? PastaCFW firmlaunch doesn't work for it. ReiNAND doesn't work for it either
I haven't tried yet. I'll play with it tonight at some point. I would suggest trying with a 9.5 emunand and if that doesn't work, launch BootNTR on top of it first. Try using the language plugin even... I've never had problems playing Xenoblades or Chibi Robo or anything like that, personally. Although, I do tend to use GW mode more than anything else. There is nothing I haven't been able to play with it (except I use sysnand for my DSi/GBA stuff).

Edit: just noticed you said Pasta... yea, I don't recall if it uses firmlaunch on N3DS at all. You must use an rxtools nightly build. In fact, I used pasta to update my sysnand to 9.5 before flashing it to emunand (and flashing sysnand back to 9.2 with a hard mod, of course). Had Pasta been using firmlaunch, that would have given me a brick (temporarily, of course), but I always make sure my sysnand works from a clean boot, before using the dump for anything at all.

Last edited by urherenow,

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried yet. I'll play with it tonight at some point. I would suggest trying with a 9.5 emunand and if that doesn't work, launch BootNTR on top of it first. Try using the language plugin even... I've never had problems playing Xenoblades or Chibi Robo or anything like that, personally. Although, I do tend to use GW mode more than anything else. There is nothing I haven't been able to play with it (except I use sysnand for my DSi/GBA stuff).

Edit: just noticed you said Pasta... yea, I don't recall if it uses firmlaunch on N3DS at all. You must use an rxtools nightly build. In fact, I used pasta to update my sysnand to 9.5 before flashing it to emunand (and flashing sysnand back to 9.2 with a hard mod, of course). Had Pasta been using firmlaunch, that would have given me a brick (temporarily, of course)

yes I grabbed a RTU complete edition from a iso site that works on N3DS. It launched Ironfall on 9.2 but triforce heroes black screened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...