ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But in English Crystal there's no special Pokemon Center at Goldenrod City, how does this patch trigger the event then?

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk
The event was coded in ALL versions of the game; JPN is on the only one who had it activated by enabling the receipt of the GS Ball via those weird phone trade things. There isn't a special Pokemon center, it just activates the event when you walk into the Pokemon center in Goldenrod City.

ChappersJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is, we can't host it here and as per rules we can't link it to you directly. All we can do is give you vague instructions. Sorry.

I gathered you couldn't host it on here thank you for the help just wanted to make sure the one I was looking at was this one. Thank you again

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gathered you couldn't host it on here thank you for the help just wanted to make sure the one I was looking at was this one. Thank you again
No problem, sorry we can't just make it easy and link it. The patches are linked above though, and there are instructions on page one on how to use them so you could always download a ROM, apply the patch and inject it into an official VC game.

ChappersJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem, sorry we can't just make it easy and link it. The patches are linked above though, and there are instructions on page one on how to use them so you could always download a ROM, apply the patch and inject it into an official VC game.

Would but laptop had a sight accident last week and is out of action till I replace it so was looking for a pre done one that I could just ftp from my phone to play it lol

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would but laptop had a sight accident last week and is out of action till I replace it so was looking for a pre done one that I could just ftp from my phone to play it lol
Yeah I can understand that haha. You'll find it with a bit of searching though, just make sure you put ".cia" in your google search.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To help narrow down your search, look for posts made by Traiver. That's all I'm going to say and can/will say on the matter.

Reactions: Majickhat55

ChappersJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To help narrow down your search, look for posts made by Traiver. That's all I'm going to say and can/will say on the matter.

Thanks again guys all I will say bout the laptop is dog, table and big can of red bull don't mix and I'm £1200 down. Roll on payday

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok so this is quite weird to be honest.
I've been playing Pokemon Cristal(Spanish) these past days using the Offical patch that was on the GS CIA, and when I got my 2nd medal I modify the sav to get a GS Ball directly. I thought that it will work directly, but I forgot that you need to get all 16 medalls, so I deleted it.

Recently I got all medals, and after I did a Mystery Gift with a friend I went to Goldenrod City because I got the Eon Mail. When I left I got the event triggered, the Nurse gave me the GS Ball and Kurt grab it to continue with the Event.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/xJoelituh/status/916337319019532288

It's probably that Pkhex did modify some values when I added the GS Ball, but this is still quite strange.

Reactions: Saternoir

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so this is quite weird to be honest.
I've been playing Pokemon Cristal(Spanish) these past days using the Offical patch that was on the GS CIA, and when I got my 2nd medal I modify the sav to get a GS Ball directly. I thought that it will work directly, but I forgot that you need to get all 16 medalls, so I deleted it.

Recently I got all medals, and after I did a Mystery Gift with a friend I went to Goldenrod City because I got the Eon Mail. When I left I got the event triggered, the Nurse gave me the GS Ball and Kurt grab it to continue with the Event.

https://twitter.com/xJoelituh/status/916337319019532288

It's probably that Pkhex did modify some values when I added the GS Ball, but this is still quite strange.
The GS ball injected with PKHeX doesn't trigger the event regardless. I tested it with a completed save and Kurt refused to take it. If you downloaded one that was patched for the GS ball, or patched it yourself, that would have happened either way.

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The GS ball injected with PKHeX doesn't trigger the event regardless. I tested it with a completed save and Kurt refused to take it. If you downloaded one that was patched for the GS ball, or patched it yourself, that would have happened either way.
I patched it myself with the OFFICIAL CRYSTAL without any edits and before Traiver did these patches lol

And as far as I know, the rom I used didn't have this prepatched

Last edited by xJoelituh,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched it myself with the OFFICIAL CRYSTAL without any edits and before Traiver did this patches lol
Yeah, I'm using the official crystal (LOW ID 172800) as well without the patches Lol. I just took the offsets that were uploaded here before Traivers patch files and applied them to the ROM itself, then rebuilt the CIA. That way the event is legit built in; trading works great too. I sent a Celebi over to Gold the other day :D

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I'm using the official crystal (LOW ID 172800) as well without the patches Lol. I just took the offsets that were uploaded here before Traivers patch files and applied them to the ROM itself, then rebuilt the CIA. That way the event is legit built in; trading works great too. I sent a Celebi over to Gold the other day :D
This still doesn't answer why it got triggered on mine tho

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still doesn't answer why it got triggered on mine tho
Well that depends on where you got the .cia.... You couldn't have gotten it from the CDN (even if you did it wouldn't work without the seed; which you can't get until official release) so you have to be using a VC inject of sorts. Even the one I have is the "Official Crystal" injected over Pokemon Gold but the title ID changed to match the place holder on the CDN. So I'm going to assume the one you got was pre-patched, if you didn't do anything but install it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...