A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Since the original's cheats.xml was always a bit annoying to use due to it's ~2MB size limit and the cheats.xml files being much bigger than usrcheat.dat files I decided to make a fork of NitroHax3DS that switches it to load cheats from a usrcheat.dat database.

For the most part this should work exactly the same as the normal NitroHax3DS, it just loads from a usrcheat.dat file with no size limit so you can use DeadSkullzJr's full database without problems and since it's the same format TWiLight Menu++ uses I added its path to the defaults so you can even share the same database between TWiLight and NitroHax.

Please let me know if anything related to the cheat loading is broken, however I have basically no idea what's going on in the actual cheat engine part so unless it's a regression from normal NitroHax3DS I likely can't fix it fyi.

:download: The download and source code are on GitHub

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank your work, unfortunately i get "Can't read cheat list", I'm using DeadSkullzJr's full database, do you know what i could do for fixing this? Thanks.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Thank your work, unfortunately i get "Can't read cheat list", I'm using DeadSkullzJr's full database, do you know what i could do for fixing this? Thanks.
Hmm, I think that's the error it throws if it can't find the game in the cheat database (I should probably edit that message, in the original version it only errored if the database couldn't be read at all)

Make sure that the cartridge isn't too dirty to read correctly or so, maybe just check that it's showing up in the system menu or so first. If that's not it then I guess make sure that DSJ's database supports the game, which game is it? If I can I'll try see if it works for me

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.101 - Improved boot splash

What's new?
  • The boot splash has been upgraded to use the GIF files and audio from TWiLight Menu++ allowing for 60 FPS, all 8 languages, and birthday sounds - all with a smaller file size!

:download: Download on GitHub or Universal-DB

The old splash always kinda bothered me with how choppy it was and how it didn't actually wait for you to touch the touch screen, so I decided to copy over TWiLight's much nicer looking splash :P

And due to the magic of GIF compression the file size even ended up being slightly smaller despite packing in far more images now lol.

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, i just stumbled to this thread by casualty and i want to say thank you! For some reason, the other versions (ahezard) won't work with some games (infinite loading screen), like Ni no Kuni cartridge, but with your version of Nitrohax, now i can play all my ds cartridges with cheats! (I love Ni no Kuni Shikoku no Madoushi, but god knows that after a few playthroughs, the speed x 2 cheat its a must). This new version of Nitrohax works like a charm!

Reactions: Pk11

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the same cheat file I have for a game that I use in twilight menu on 3ds and it won't start the game even without a cheat selected. I used the qr code to download your nitro hax.

Edit: ok I pushed the physical start button instead of the one in nitrohax and it works perfectly. I don't know why the start button in nitrohax doesn't work but pressing physical start button works. Thank you for this!

Last edited by destany1989,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the same cheat file I have for a game that I use in twilight menu on 3ds and it won't start the game even without a cheat selected. I used the qr code to download your nitro hax.

Edit: ok I pushed the physical start button instead of the one in nitrohax and it works perfectly. I don't know why the start button in nitrohax doesn't work but pressing physical start button works. Thank you for this!
yeah I dunno why that doesn't work either, it's the same in the original NitroHax3DS iirc, not 100% sure about the original NitroHax. I could fix it I suppose, just didn't think to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...