Homebrew [RELEASE] NASA - Universal Cia Manager for fw 4.1 - 10.7

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I believe you about the NNID part. So if you format a 3DS with legit CIAs they will always be available from the eShop again. I hadn't actually personally experienced that (only read). But I did experience formatting a console with no NNID and having the game be redownloadable.
No if you format you end up with a blank ticket so even if you go back to the eShop the Redownload button would not be there. However you can sign into any NNID or no NNID and redownload any legit CIA because the console still has that fake ticket.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No if you format you end up with a blank ticket so even if you go back to the eShop the Redownload button would not be there. However you can sign into any NNID or no NNID ad redownload any legit CIA because the console still has that fake ticket.
I'm a bit confused. First you said if you format then you can't redownload. But then you said if you have an NNID or don't have an NNID you can redownload?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused. First you said if you format then you can't redownload. But then you said if you have an NNID or don't have an NNID you can redownload?
You dont need to be signed into a NNID to get on the eShop
ill try to explain better

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Install Legit CIA ->Fake ticket->Redownload anything regardless of having a NNID or not
Install Legit CIA ->Fake ticket->System Format->Blank ticket->Redownload button gone regardless of having a NNID or not

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need to be signed into a NNID to get on the eShop
ill try to explain better

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Install Legit CIA ->Fake ticket->Redownload anything regardless of having a NNID or not
Install Legit CIA ->Fake ticket->System Format->Blank ticket->Redownload button gone regardless of having a NNID or not
So no system transfer possible, right?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
From what i've seen no its not possible (yet) and the one person who claimed to do it never gave proof unless @cearp wants to correct me and put me to shame.
yeah i think the preinstalled ticket gets converted to a system tied on upon system transfer. people tested it, I personally never have system transferred.
lol i misunder stood what you guys are talking about. ill read above

ok, i never tested installing a legit cia, i only let people easily make them ha.
but, when you format, I don't think ALL your tickets get wiped. if all the tickets went the. you couldn't boot up because the system titles need tickets too.
so, it could be true that the game's legit ticket still exists there... I don't know

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think the preinstalled ticket gets converted to a system tied on upon system transfer. people tested it, I personally never have system transferred.
lol i misunder stood what you guys are talking about. ill read above

ok, i never tested installing a legit cia, i only let people easily make them ha.
but, when you format, I don't think ALL your tickets get wiped. if all the tickets went the. you couldn't boot up because the system titles need tickets too.
so, it could be true that the game's legit ticket still exists there... I don't know
Question is a userland arm11 exploit enough to inject a ticket to a Nand?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The ticket will not be fake when you install legit cia and thats the point.
The ticket will be clean, because it´s properly signed by Nintendo.
Your 3DS behaves as if it the software was officially preinstalled.

About system transfer and preinstalled software:
If you choose to delete the content off the SDHC Card or microSDHC card, such as during a system transfer, the pre-installed game will be available for redownload from the target system's Nintendo eShop after the transfer has been completed.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14143/p/430

Regarding system format with preinstalled software:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/166/p/430
Preinstalled software is not listed there.
I think the ticket of the legit cia won´t be deleted from the console during a system format.
The eShop checks if you have a legit ticket installed and lets you redownload the software.
Thats the opposite to software that was purchased in the eShop, because that is (also) saved in purchase/download history on the eShop servers.
Note that preinstalled software doesn´t show up in the download history even if you download it again, you always have to search for the game to redownload it.

Last edited by [Truth],

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ticket will not be fake when you install legit cia and thats the point.
The ticket will be clean, because it´s properly signed by Nintendo.
Your 3DS behaves as if it the software was officially preinstalled.

About system transfer and preinstalled software:
If you choose to delete the content off the SDHC Card or microSDHC card, such as during a system transfer, the pre-installed game will be available for redownload from the target system's Nintendo eShop after the transfer has been completed.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14143/p/430

Regarding system format with preinstalled software:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/166/p/430
Preinstalled software is not listed there.
I think the ticket of the legit cia won´t be deleted from the console during a system format.
The eShop checks if you have a legit ticket installed and lets you redownload the software.
The point flew over your head no shit the ticket is technically "not fake" but when you format the ticket is reset.Consoles that come with pre installed games dont suffer from this issue hence I called it a "fake" ticket.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you test it yourself or someone reliable who knows what he does, that the ticket was gone after the format?

It doesn´t make sense to me.
If it´s like you are saying, then there must be a difference between a legit cia ticket and an officall preinstalled one.
Because otherwise the 3DS wouldn´t be able to tell the difference and make the ticket "blank" as you are saying.
But then why does the 3DS accept the legit cia ticket in the first place, when it can tell the difference?

Last edited by [Truth],

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Did you test it yourself or someone reliable who knows what he does, that the ticket was gone after the format?

It doesn´t make sense to me.
If it´s like you are saying, then there must be a difference of a legit cia ticket and an offical preinstalled one.
Because otherwise the 3DS wouldn´t be able to tell the difference and make the ticket "blank" as you are saying.
But that doesn´t make sense, because then it wouldn´t accept the ticket in the first place.
with a real preinstalled console, the game is tied to the console on nintendo's servers.
if i install a legit cia myself, no.
this is the difference.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah ok, that would make sense.

But what happens during a system transfer then?
And why does it let me redownload the game from eShop, if Nintendo knows that my 3DS never had that game preinstalled?
Going by that logic, if you did a system transfer from a legit preinstalled machine, then did a format of the target machine after the transfer, you would also lose the game, right?
Hmm for me this still sounds a bit fishy.

I can´t belive, that Nintendo keeps track in production of every 3DS that comes with preinstalled software.

Last edited by [Truth],
Reactions: cearp

koz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After two days of failing to get NASA working, its time to give up.

It worked after the third attempt on Ironhax 10.3 N3DSXL (E), but since losing the entrypoint through DISCLAIMER it now fails 100% with Ninjhax and MenuHax.

There's too much black magic to getting this working.

It would be nice to see what the required file structure and file names expected on the SD card is, for starters.

There are possibly lots of people not getting this working, as visits to this thread ought to be exploding by now. :toot::toot::toot:

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I tried to make it work for 30min on my N3DS 10.3.0.28E through Ironhax before I gave up on the constant black screen.
Then the day after I tried again and it worked after a few attempts and I managed to install MH4 without issue. I was able to launch the game and play a little.
So I decided to try again but after 2 hours I gave up.

I never used my power button so much :D

So the tool seems to work great but damn launch it is a pain...
I also think it would be safer to make it boot in browser mode and maybe add some information in the lower screen like button mapping.

I have an irrelevant question. MH4 requires an update, can I just launch it like any other game or should I install the update cia?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I already launched it to see if the installation went fine. I was just wondering if I'll have to update it through NASA or if I could just use the "normal" way. Considering my very low success launch I hoped I wouldn't have to use NASA.
Thanks for answering.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed MenuHax and it took me a lot less time to launch NASA (around 30min).
I install 2 new cia without any issues.

So my advice would be to try with MenuHax instead of another *Hax. It's also faster to load HBL after a force shutdown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...