ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Aros1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do oothax since that method supports 3ds firmwaves at 11.5. Though I do not know how much time I have left before I lose my access to the homebrew website on a new update being 11.5.1 or 11.6. So that's why I'm wondering if the update were to occur before the update of monster hunter stories, what are my options to be able to return to the homebrew?

Ven93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yea i remember that with new 3ds i was able to do browserhax for MH Generation in a previous software version. Now is not possible and the only solution are Ocarina+ PPS and Cubic ninja and i haven t those things :(

Aros1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you try to purchase oot them thru eshop or by GameStop?

If you do that, you'll need power save to make as a backup file and the follow the instructions through this video

Of course you'll need to create an account to use the powersave on the codejunkie website.

https://www.codejunkies.com/Departments/PowerSaves-Prime.aspx?sortorder=6&page=6

Lots of changes have happened since I used the first powersave for the mh3u, but the method of using oothax never goes out of style

I even learned that GameStop sells so much powersave to those that use them for Pokémon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So now I worry that the system update will beat the update of monster hunter stories in a fight to see which update will get there first

This is what I found on this website featuring a list of applications suitable to getting homebrew

https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives).html

Ven93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
seems noce, idk the cost of oot btw i have a powersave i think: i had buy one when x & y comes out no cloue if it s ok using that but i presume yes. Tomorrow i m going to search for oot in every gs so xD

Aros1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since its old it should be around 5-10$

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That means you are good to go and all that you need is oot and follow the video to making oot an access point to the homebrew channel

The game is selling online too and eshop tho for the oothax to work you need a cartridge of the oot to work so having a downloaded oot is not recommended

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Anyone knows the maximum egg hex values, to put in editor in order to get a very heavy egg?

Thanks

As I discussed with some peeps in previous pages, FF is max value, but it gets you a heavy egg. For very heavy you use 00 (probably it underflows or something to very heavy or was intentionally like that so special eggs can be at that weight).

Hi to everyone i'm here because after a bit of lurking about this save editor i have a problem. I'll try to explain. I have a new 3ds where i play MHST with no CFW and no possibility to put it because is update to last version and i have a Old 3DS with CFW. I want to ask if there is a way to pick the save from my sd card of new 3ds, put in the sd card of the old one, and using something to dump the save.

I know that MHST save on SD and i've searched everywhere to a solution to find the file on SD and decrypt (i was trying with JKS but i can t access to SD save file even if i have imported all the extdata of the New £ds SD).

So if anyone knows a way to do that can please tell me, i'm going crazy to try to do this.

PS: the old 3ds can t run MHST because require the 11.4 update if im not wrong and my CFW is at 9. something so i can t start the game on the old 3ds :(
So how can i manipolate the save on my new 3ds? on the 3ds guide site the ALl Versions that i used for the 1.5 is gone, and for the 11.6 are need stuff like another cfw console and a specific game :(
for 11.5.0-38 there aren t entry point. all the entry point require lower version and browser hax is not supported :(

You know, you CAN dump the extra data without CFW/homebrew, but the decrypting/encrypting is too complicated even if you know what you are doing. Your options are homebrew (if you are on 11.5 then just use notehax), which you can find a list of here (some methods aren't on the list yet): https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits or CFW. Now, if you already have a 3ds with CFW, you can get CFW to your other 3ds REGARDLESS of your firmware version and it's very easy, so if you are interested in that, check the 3ds.guide page (copy paste the 3ds.guide in the address bar). Also, about your old 3ds, why leave it at version 9 when most CFWs allow you to update just fine with no problems and no risk? I got b9s and Luma on 11.6 for example.

Last edited by ThoD,

Aros1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will the update 1.2 for Monster Hunter Stories be on and where will the update be at once it arrives?

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Dultus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey here^^. First: the editor works great! Good job there.
I wanted to ask if there's any IDs for the new Monsters just released like Kushala and Jang?
//EDIT just saw the question already got answered^^. Thanks anyway

Last edited by Dultus,

Aros1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that we have to wait for the update of monster hunter stories to come after the system update arrived

Not that I did the update but I worry over how much time is needed for the update of monster hunter stories before the next system update, which will force the whole 3ds system upon startup to update

Ven93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You know, you CAN dump the extra data without CFW/homebrew, but the decrypting/encrypting is too complicated even if you know what you are doing. Your options are homebrew (if you are on 11.5 then just use notehax), which you can find a list of here (some methods aren't on the list yet): https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits or CFW. Now, if you already have a 3ds with CFW, you can get CFW to your other 3ds REGARDLESS of your firmware version and it's very easy, so if you are interested in that, check the 3ds.guide page (copy paste the 3ds.guide in the address bar). Also, about your old 3ds, why leave it at version 9 when most CFWs allow you to update just fine with no problems and no risk? I got b9s and Luma on 11.6 for example.

Actually can't see any method too get the HB on 11.5 on that site besides the RPG things but i can t do that anymore. BTW i m not good at this stuff so i dont upgrade my other 3ds because i m not sure how can i do that so i just leave there.

Btw right now i m intersted only to get HB works on New 3ds 11.5 and the only method i saw is the zelda one for now XD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually can't see any method too get the HB on 11.5 on that site besides the RPG things but i can t do that anymore. BTW i m not good at this stuff so i dont upgrade my other 3ds because i m not sure how can i do that so i just leave there.

Btw right now i m intersted only to get HB works on New 3ds 11.5 and the only method i saw is the zelda one for now XD
For 11.5 you got notehax and RPG Maker one (if you downloaded it in time). I'm just saying that while you can't easily get homebrew on 11.5/11.6, you CAN get CFW straight away in a couple mins if you already have a second 3ds running one and the "guide" couldn't be any more noob-friendly to boot!:P

Ven93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For 11.5 you got notehax and RPG Maker one (if you downloaded it in time). I'm just saying that while you can't easily get homebrew on 11.5/11.6, you CAN get CFW straight away in a couple mins if you already have a second 3ds running one and the "guide" couldn't be any more noob-friendly to boot!:P

I have the old 3sa with some type of CFW but it s lock at 9. something update. If you have a guide and you can pass me...

havip503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys , do you know where can file the save files of this game. I installed it with fbi and btw how do install update/dlc of this game as .cia ?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys , do you know where can file the save files of this game. I installed it with fbi and btw how do install update/dlc of this game as .cia ?
Use JKSV to dump the save file so you can edit it and then restore it. However, keep in mind that while it's the save file, it's under "extra data". As for the updates and dlcs, for updates you can just use google to find the CIA and for the dlcs you can just get them the normal way from the main menu in the game, but if you just want both at the same place, just get FreeShop then since it also has the amiibo and special dlcs anyway.

PS: If you installed with FBI I'll assume it's not a legit copy, so you should buy it if you enjoy the game...

Reactions: havip503

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum